Two step verification only once per computer

Dear Ubisoft.

I find the current system (have to get your phone every time you restart uplay) to be annoying and frustrating.
    Also I would ask that you not log me out of uplay just when I quit uplay, but instead when I specifically say "log out".
    I should be able to remain logged in without any need of credentials as long as I am on the same computer, even if I restart said computer.
    That being said, I understand some people prefer it this way, in which case, let the user have options like "auto log out on process end: yes/no"

I really do think that two step verification is very important but there is a time when it becomes too safe and less useful.
    (I will also say that I'm happy that you allow us to use google authenticator instead of a third party app, that's really cool and understanding.

So yeah, thanks, but still not perfect

Allexio.
     3 people found this helpful

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Hello,

We are looking into providing a "remember me" feature in which you can save a device as trusted so that you don't need to enter authentication codes when logging in from that device.

Thanks for your feedback!

Where is this feature?

Ok, you require 2Factor to be turned on to play ranked in Siege but yet I can mark my computer as a trusted device from the UPlay Launcher? Am I missing something?

Trusted device feature does not work

Logging in on a PC, I tick the box for a trusted device. A verification code is requested every time I start UPlay.
     1 people found this helpful

DCAustin007's Avatar Member
    Same here, it's like it's not remembering devices even though the box is checked.

Even if my PC is in the trusted devices I always (or half of the times some days) have to re-enter the 2-step verfificication. It's so frustrating and annoying, being forced to use Uplay and entering my credentials everytime. Fix this. It's been going on for too long.

For the pas few weeks I've also noticed I have to enter my Verification code everytime I start Uplay, doesn't matter if it's manually or i've set it to start on Windows. The remember me function doesn't work at all it seems. Please fix this!
     1 people found this helpful

2fa trust device is broken

Yeah, its annoying every single time, and now if I check "trust this device" on the launcher and put in my code, it saids its a invalid code, but if i uncheck it and put in the SAME exact code, its valid and lets me in, their system is pretty broken

happening to me since I changed motherboard..even though i check the trusted device box it asks me every single time

Ubi-Kay's Avatar Community Manager
    Hey,

We may need to see your log files so we can investigate why this happening. You can find details on how to provide these here.

Thanks.