🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Ubi-Cerisino's Avatar Community Representative

Your feedback to version update 1.7 // ORBIT DLC

Hey Annoholics!

The new DLC with the name "ORBIT" will be available on Wednesday, 20th of July 2016, just in time for the anniversary of the moon landing.
    Players of the DLC will be able to construct huge orbital stations. All details can be found here in the latest version update.

Let's gather feedback together! Of course you can only answer some of these questions after you have played the ORBIT DLC, but it would be really interesting to hear your first thoughts about it.

• How do you like the ORBIT DLC?
    • What do you think about the new orbital stations?
    • Have you noticed anything special or do you have questions about this DLC?

Regards,
    Your Anno 2205 team.

It's nice to have a release date, but what about an (approximate) release time?

Hi there,

the DLC is live now.

My feedback to the Orbit DLC is that it is a disappointing expansion, comparable in scope to The Big Five update. The graphical implementation of a space station 'zone' is okay, but it seems the strategic shallowness of macro effects management has completely taken over, as a philosophy, what true Anno fans crave, more complex production chains.

With the Season Pass' end it is fair to evaluate what DLCs have expanded upon overall, and it is made super clear with Orbit that Anno 2205 did not receive what previous Anno games received in the past, that is an expansion. An expansion that would evolve the high end of current production chains and introduce higher population class with their condescending attitude, expressed by those seemingly too hard to produce goods. This expansion of Anno's core mechanism was not delivered through the Season pass, and it is probably silly to mention that Astronauts are not really a population class. A bit like the space station is not really a 'zone', but more a beautifully realized menu of a macro-management mini game.

The hardest thing for me to grasp is that this IS the team that bought us Anno 1404 and Anno 2070.

How to purchase Orbit

How can I purchase the Orbit expansion?
    When I select "puchase" from the homescreen in-game, nothing happens.
    I also cannot find the product on Steam or Uplay shop?

The new Orbit expansion is great.

Now i can have 5 different company with the new tech tree.

I love either the minor changes, like tree regrow and the possibility to change traits.

I disliked the reduction of the area of the trading center that wasn't in the patch notes. I hope it is an unintended change because now i have to reset all my company layout.

Originally Posted by freezepop Go to original post
    How can I purchase the Orbit expansion?
    When I select "puchase" from the homescreen in-game, nothing happens.
    I also cannot find the product on Steam or Uplay shop?
    Hi,
    the DLC should be available in all shops now.
    If you still have problems, please let me know.

Cerisino

AntiChrist7's Avatar Senior Member
    The answer is probably no, but I got a question. Can I link my uplay profile achievements to my steam profile? I usually dont buy Ubisoft games on steam: I can buy them cheaper on release thanks to the -20% coupons you can craft (great perk btw), and buying it on steam usually doesn't give you a benefit. But now there are the steam achievements I would like to add. Is this possible?

I havent had the time yet to fully inspect it, but from what I've seen around, the update looks pretty good. There are still to galaxies locked in the asteroid miner though, are there gonna be more updates?

Asterix201252's Avatar Member

New bug in Version 1.7?

Game was updated to 1.7 today. I have a corporation running for another achievement, so I have not used the new features yet and can't comment. However, I have noticed what appears to be a new bug in the crisis sectors. Whenever I pick up rare materials from the sea, it shows the relevant item being picked up, but the quantity available in the info bar does not change. So there is no point going round destroying the material stores because you get no benefit. This worked fine up to yesterday.

But why make beta testing if bugs is not fix?

Here is a display bug of ADAM in the interface.
    When the character moves, it is sometimes not completely visible.

If I find other bug, I will post them here.

The content is good.
    The update adds a few things nice especially on the gameplay.

I am a bit disappointed of the visual rendering of the space station. I expected that it looks like the picture you've published several times.

Otherwise, thank you for this content and this update!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►