🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    s140183's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by killer5x5 Go to original post
    How many times are we going to hear from them, or they use,the "miscommunication" as an excuse.
    I'd have more respect for them if they just came out and said "sorry guys we blew it" or "our fault"
    But too many times now it's "miscommunication"
    Well according to all you people they don;t know how to communicate. So this really is a valid excuse for them to use all the time.

Originally Posted by Desolator_X Go to original post
    Yeah, and supremely pissed at how it's being handled by the devs. They have the basis for an amazing game here. The world is beautiful, the premise of the story is good and it actually works. Until you hit 30 and the whole game is turned upside down with gearscore, progression, sponges, the PvP and a host systems that don't work (and would've been spotted by anyone with any experience in loot based games). Adding insult to injury they've also totally messed up the communication with the community... Yeah, I'm pretty pissed at them

@Dave, and quit I did. Still around to see if they'll ever fix it since the basis for a good game is there
    I feel your pain. I quit the game almost two weeks ago. I am not leaving the forums, I like you am not a happy camper either.

We can hope that the Devs fix the cranial, rectal inversion! Then start working on the game. If it ever starts to turn around, I will be back. (Kicking myself for buying the season pass now, that was my head up my @$$!)

This is astonishing. Same stuff happens again and again and again. And we are again and again and again reassured that steps are put in place to prevent these accidents. What happened to those steps put in place back when 1.2 released and when these steps were reintroduced again when same **** up happened in 1.3?

To react to post above me, I will slightly modify that post:

Let me first say that I hold Massive responsible for driving The Division, a game with huge potential, to a brink of a failure due to miscommunications and mismanagement of community relationships and of the whole game. The Division could have been a great game but I have long abandoned any hope for the game to be salvaged under Massive's control. I might be positively surprised in the future but I'm no longer holding breath.

I must also say that I deeply regret buying season pass upfront. 35 EUR purchase is keeping me around because otherwise I could have bought proper and polished game for such price.

Don't get me wrong, I have spent over 500 hours in this game before DLCs came around. I definitely got my money's worth back. It is almost painful to see how much unrealized potential is in this game.

Shame, shame, shame..

s140183's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft Go to original post
    I understand you guys are upset, but honestly the recoil change wasn't known to the community team, because of miscommunication. Steps have been put in place before to address that, but it seems accidents can still happen.
    I can assure you in no way did we intend to hide this change.
    We've apologized for the inconvenience and confusion.
    Sorry, Nathcai but this is the internet. Words have different meanings here.

Accident = Lazy/Piss poor developer/managers.

Miscommunication = Liar.

Inconvenience = End of the World.

On another note: We need these NPC balcning tweaks A.S.A.P. At the very least tone down the level 35 shotgunners

I understand you guys are upset, but honestly the recoil change wasn't known to the community team, because of miscommunication. Steps have been put in place before to address that, but it seems accidents can still happen.
    It's funny that you think you, ubisoft or massive still have credibility.

Well here's your answer to them not reading the threads as some people have stated. So at least that's one less mega thread of pissing.

Obdach01's Avatar Member
    Everyone knows that accidents happen, but it is very strange that they happen to this game every singel update (or downdate if i might say). If a driver of a car has an accident every single time he hits the streets to drive somewhere, you would smell something fishy as well, wouldn't you? Even though accidents happen everyday in the hundreds of thousends, but if the same damn driver is involved every single time, that driver is not fit to drive.

I understand that this is not the fault of the community team. I also work in software development and I know that when we publish an update, our release notes only include the changes that were marked as "Needs release note" in our tracking software. If the developers don't mark it as such, it doesn't get included and nobody knows about it other than the developer who made the change. So the fault is not on the community team. Its with the developers who do not understand the importance of certain changes and do not ensure that they are documented properly.

Some changes are so minor or do not have any direct effect on the users so its not necessary to document them in release notes. But I honestly do not see how the dev team does not think that altering (negatively) the core stats of a gun is not worthy of documenting. Maybe this can be chalked up to someone simply forgetting but after the previous uproars over stealth nerfs I would think people would be extra careful about this kind of stuff. It really does make Massive look unprofessional.

Poor Natchai, I'm starting to really pity him. He's just a community manager, not a dev, and he has to apologize for other faults, try to explain with enthousiasm bad game design and bad decision.

I get that things can be implemented without a Community Team being notified and you are left to take the venom that follows. The issue I have with this "Miscommunication" is that the G36 was about the only topic people were talking about, along with it being the focus of the Community Team....Not much else could have overshadowed the changes being made to this ONE item. Could you maybe tell us how the process goes, or illustrate why there is a disconnect within the company?

I enjoy this game half the time when I don't have to relearn new ever evolving fluid rules to the game. Sure would be nice to have decent stable product that is predictable from day to day... Bout the only predictable thing that I have to look forward to is that the rules are going to change again.