🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Originally Posted by HamishBode Go to original post
    Hi everyone,

In putting together patch notes, it's become clear that there are specific changes coming to the weapons that will impact some existing weapons. Some of the changes will only apply to weapons dropped after the update. There will be more information about this on Thursday in the State of the Game but it might be worth holding on to those crafting materials for now. Just thought you should know.

Cheers,

Hamish

why does it always seem that changes to the game are some sort of SECRET, and we (the players who paid for the game) seem to be outsiders and not part of it............

orthow's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by R1_DMG_LLC Go to original post
    Great. More imbalances (some weapons types before 1.3 will not have the new abilities on them, some will).

Hammish,

Have you actually played this game?

It's beyond boring at this point. There is no real progression, there is no real choice of builds, and most of all, the DZ is just a cluster-bomb of griefing by over geared players who exploited FL and other things farming lower geared players trying to rank up and progress... Which means there is no progression which means people are leaving your game.

Yannick, Yourself and others need to sit down and have a heart-to-heart with your entire staff and ask yourself... Why do people play games?

They play games to have fun.

They play games to escape the horrors, negativity and disappointments of the real world.

They play games to have a social experience with others (make new friends, relax with old).

None of these things are happening in The Division, Hammish.

None.

The game itself... Mostly the DZ... Wallows in negativity, toxicity, and has driven 90% of your player base away across all platforms. You have the internal numbers, so you know what the stats really are, but your game is all but dead on PC, and is not looked at favorably by other players and other industry personnel outside UBISoft. It's not just because they are the competition; many don't agree with your (inhumane) design decisions and the amount of bugs that were allowed to exist in a retail release of the game. Nobody outside The Division community views the PK that goes on inside the DZ as competitive PVP because it's not.

If you want people to play your game, you have to make it a game and not a second-career.

If you want people to buy future expansions, you have to make the game fun again and accessible to those of all skill levels and play times a.k.a. casual, adult gamers who only have an hour, or two to play, but would like to progress their characters even if slightly in that amount of time. A 240 item should always be better than a 183. Always. No iffs, and or buts. However, thanks to the RNG baked into everything, this is often not the case. This means not clear progression path and wasted time in the DZ, and other areas and this is why most players have left on all platforms.

If you want your game to be a financial success after the initial pre-orders and sales...

You need to make the game fun again.

It's that simple, Hammish.

Every thing in the game right now is not fun.

Period.

You are used to giving State of the Game streams, so here it is from one of your actual players with over 350 HRs:

The SOTG for The Division is bad.

It's very bleak, very tiresome and very negative because of the insane amounts or RNG baked into weapons & gear, and because you, Yannick and Antoine have decided to force people into certain activities in order to progress... One of those activities being forced PK -- It' not PVP -- Which punishes the victim and discourages them to not play after they become the victim of a virtual mugging. Hence, why many have quit this game compared to those who were playing it at launch.

Make your game fun again.

Treat gamers as people with lives outside the game who just want to have fun.

Allow all of the loot (barring paid DLC, of course) to drop in all areas of the game. Period. No question. 204 Strikers has just the same probability to drop in HVTs instead of just Lone Star. Stop trying to funnel people into your Gank Zone a.k.a. Dark Zone in order to progress. Separate PK and PVE players because the two never mix and you are preventing a large segment of what remains of the game's population from ever leveling up because you are purposefully putting up progression walls behind an imbalanced system that favors and promotes griefing and toxicity in your community.

Turn up the loot tables tand drop everything from 183 and up... Mostly 204 and the new gear sets and weapons... From all areas of the game. From HTVs to Incursions to roaming bosses that are now back in the PVE map.

Reward players for playing, not just grinding.

Make the grind itself fun, not frustrating or boring.

Make the game fun to play and not frustration to play.

Thank you, for your time.
    I've been saying since launch that the multi tiered RNG in this game is going to be its downfall.

I agree with your post pretty much from top to bottom. I don't think the dev's have ever played this game for more than a few minutes at a time.

If they did - they would do something about ALWAYS being stuck at a checkpoint in the DZ thank to being in combat. Total load of crap.

CannyJack's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by PlayingOnMySofa Go to original post
    why does it always seem that changes to the game are some sort of SECRET, and we (the players who paid for the game) seem to be outsiders and not part of it............
    And here I thought they were trying to diminish the importance of crafting.

"we want players to obtain the best gear in the open world, not by crafting......"

Three Snowshoes's Avatar Banned
    Hi everyone,

In putting together patch notes, it's become clear that there are specific changes coming to the weapons that will impact some existing weapons. Some of the changes will only apply to weapons dropped after the update. There will be more information about this on Thursday in the State of the Game but it might be worth holding on to those crafting materials for now. Just thought you should know.

Cheers,

Hamish
    What crafting materials? I'm more likely to get a 240 GS set piece out of an HVT mission than I am to get gold attachments or electronics that I can deconstruct so that I HAVE crafting materials. Unless there's something new and meaningful I can do with the 999 gold division tech pieces I have, and the ridiculous amount of fabric...then there's not much TO hold on to.

You almost have to dumb down your build just so you can go into the 161-200 DZ just so you can get back to a portion of the DZ where you can still get blue division tech that you can then turn into gold weapon parts or electronics at your discretion.

Might be worth holding on? Have to have any to hold on to any.

Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Hamish
    So I have a LMG that dropped which has great talents but your telling me it's possible after the update it will still not be boosted by the change in weapons. If that is the case that is one of the stupidest things I have heard from you guys (and you have said many stupid things since this game has dropped).

Why don't you really screw with the game then and just make all weapons that drop after the patch have the new settings and leave the old ones the way they are. That way we can have new players who never have a chance for an SMG with crit chance because they started to late. Then to throw in the comment about crafting after you have wrecked the crafting is just a nice cherry on top.

CannyJack's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by moraff Go to original post
    So I have a LMG that dropped which has great talents but your telling me it's possible after the update it will still not be boosted by the change in weapons. If that is the case that is one of the stupidest things I have heard from you guys (and you have said many stupid things since this game has dropped).
    Yeah, that's just plain stupid. Updates to weapons should apply to all weapons, pre- and post-update, period. It's not rocket surgery.

It's like they've spaghetti-coded this thing so badly that they can't go back and fix anything that already exists (witness, for instance, their inability to disable mobile cover when it was the Glitch King).

m1crobra1n's Avatar Senior Member
    There is no holding back for grafting mats if there are no tools or electronics.
    I just played like 2-3 hours in a row in DZ and got over 80 000 DZ funds but only
    4 yellow tools and 30 blue's that i crafted to yellow.

They should make crafting as if you want to craft a weapon then it takes only weapon parts and division tech.
    Or you want to craft mods for guns then it would take only tools and division tech and so on with gear and gear mods to.

I have useless 999 division tech and cant craft myself a decent first wave m1a even.
    I bought first wave m1a blueprint 3 days ago and had left 1550 funds and today i bought that AUG blueprint.

Cant craft none of them cause they need tools that you basically cant find enough.
    Running trough LZ tools shops take longer time and is boring.

Arsenic_Touch's Avatar Senior Member
    So is this another case where we only have "half the story" and the other half of the story won't be added/changed until after the outcry from the general public, then you'll pretend that you meant to do that all along?

You tell us that you're pushing us away from crafting and now we get a PSA to hold onto crafting materials? One of these is not like the other!

Three Snowshoes's Avatar Banned
    Blueprints are WORTHLESS in this game. I mean...not only did they jack up the amount of materials you needed to craft a weapon to start with, but then proceeded to make the key components of crafting next to impossible to acquire. THEN...you're left to the mercy of a brutal RNG mechanic. The likelihood of crafting a serviceable, much less an outstanding piece of gear/weapon, is just...not good. I'm not sure if there's a device out there that measures how far one's head is up their own ***, but these guys would have to be off the charts.