ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member
    Does anyone remember the Geico ad with Kenny Rogers? :P

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by JasonParadise Go to original post
    Edit: Looks like Dan and I posted at the same time. That's been happening a lot lately
    Sorry, when I started, I think you were in a meeting. :/

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Edit: Looks like Dan and I posted at the same time. That's been happening a lot lately
    Sorry, when I started, I think you were in a meeting. :/

This week's puzzle was a collaboration between Dan and I.
    Of course it is. There's no way Dan could come up with pro wrestling references.

Originally Posted by CrazedRacer Go to original post
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that we're getting more country music. I am completely bummed that it's "The Gambler". Not because it isn't a great song, but because it is literally nothing but a little bit of hybrid picking and simple strumming. There are just SO many more country songs (classic and contemporary) that would give people a reason to look at country in a different light, guitar wise. This pick just reinforces the "Ugh. Anybody can play country. MOAR METAL!!" opinion of some people...
    To you, I recommend either Kentucky Meat Shower by the Aristocrats, or On the Way by Eric Johnson
    Either will motivate you to hit the woodshed!
    lol

Edit : NOT A REQUEST!!!
    lol

Originally Posted by IzzyAckmed Go to original post
    To you, I recommend either Kentucky Meat Shower by the Aristocrats, or On the Way by Eric Johnson
    Either will motivate you to hit the woodshed!
    I want the metal guys to play this... BUT I DO NOT WANT IT AS DLC. I JUST WANT THAT TO BE CLEAR, SINCE WE SHAN'T UTTER THE WORDS I'D LIKE, EVEN IF THE STATEMENT WAS CLEARLY NOT A REQUEST. I will fully admit that this song is DEFINITELY what they mean by "showing off" where country is concerned...

Just listened to those tracks... Yeah, that's "showing off" country, too.

Edit:
    Is that clear enough?

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Watch all the would be requests.

Really just say you like it, without "I want it". How hard is that?

Oops, I was wrong. Still it's still huge variety as this is the 4th country song in RS while the franchise approaches its 5th anniversary.

As for the song, it's one of the songs that made me more open to country music. There was this Rock Band radio thing years ago that only played songs that was playable in the Rock Band series. The Gambler came up and I liked it so I looked into the country DLC packs and found some more that I liked.

Originally Posted by Grumble Volcano Go to original post
    As for the song, it's one of the songs that made me more open to country music. There was this Rock Band radio thing years ago that only played songs that was playable in the Rock Band series. The Gambler came up and I liked it so I looked into the country DLC packs and found some more that I liked.
    I love the song. It's clearly a classic, and was a HUGE crossover hit. My issue is that with the exception of "Sweet Dreams", which is more of an instrumental than real country, the country stuff we have is the easiest, strummiest DLC in the entire game - when there are PLENTY of country pickers that can melt your face off. Even stuff like "Perfect Storm" by Brad Paisley **NOT A REQUEST. I AM COMMENTING ON THE DIFFICULTY OF THE SOLO AND GUITAR WORK** has some really intricate guitar work and an insanely complicated solo...

Originally Posted by CrazedRacer Go to original post
    I love the song. It's clearly a classic, and was a HUGE crossover hit. My issue is that with the exception of "Sweet Dreams", which is more of an instrumental than real country, the country stuff we have is the easiest, strummiest DLC in the entire game - when there are PLENTY of country pickers that can melt your face off. Even stuff like "Perfect Storm" by Brad Paisley **NOT A REQUEST. I AM COMMENTING ON THE DIFFICULTY OF THE SOLO AND GUITAR WORK** has some really intricate guitar work and an insanely complicated solo...

Well the way I look at it is the RS team has said many times that RS isn't going away any time soon so there's plenty of time for technical country DLC to appear. With Rock Band getting iconic 90s DLC like Gin Blossoms, Blues Traveler and Goo Goo Dolls for the first time 8+ years after the release of the first Rock Band game, I don't think there's anything to worry about regarding the future of RS.

TJ_Wylde's Avatar Member
    Aaah i never expected to get this in RS. But i'm really really really glad to be getting some Kenny Rogers now. Aside blues and rock country is my favorite music for some relaxation and fun strumming. Looking forward to this pack