1. #31
    Originally Posted by jack3auer Go to original post
    True but its a bit too elaborate just for a password in my book. I am sticking with it.
    It is entirely possible and would not be the first time. The Gambler would be awesome, just want to make sure we are looking at all aspects and not jumping to conclusions prematurely
    Share this post

  2. #32
    A quick Google informed me that Kenny's just embarked on his farewell tour, 'The Gambler's Last Deal'. Coincidence? If it is Kenny i'm in, just to see what condition my condition is in.
    Share this post

  3. #33
    The Gambler would certainly fit with the "good advice" monthly hint.
    Share this post

  4. #34
    A 2nd country pack in the history of RS? Good on you RS team for continuing to push the boundaries of variety.
    Share this post

  5. #35
    Originally Posted by RollingStone222 Go to original post
    You've got to know when to hold 'em
    Know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away
    And know when to run
    Man, you are good at this.
    Share this post

  6. #36
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by ghmorello Go to original post
    Where did you get Kenny Rogers out of this?
    From the endless pile of right answers that he seems to possess!

    Yes, RS222 nailed it -- Kenny Rogers' "The Gambler" is one of four songs in Tuesday's Variety Song Pack II, and as Mystic_Dan also notes, that was the good advice hinted at by the monthly newsletter. Another song will be teased Monday, and the gameplay trailer arrives Tuesday.

    This week was an interesting one -- I had this complicated idea, created an entlrely different kind of puzzle, started discussing what I didn't like about it with Jason and Chris Woo, and a better idea came out of our conversation. So we scrapped the first one, went with this, and ultimately opted for fun over difficulty.
    Share this post

  7. #37
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by ghmorello Go to original post
    Where did you get Kenny Rogers out of this?
    From the endless pile of right answers that he seems to possess!

    Yes, RS222 nailed it -- Kenny Rogers' "The Gambler" is one of four songs in Tuesday's Variety Song Pack II, and as Mystic_Dan also notes, that was the good advice hinted at by the monthly newsletter. Another song will be teased Monday, and the gameplay trailer arrives Tuesday.

    This week was an interesting one -- I had this complicated idea, created an entlrely different kind of puzzle, started discussing what I didn't like about it with Jason and Chris Woo, and a better idea came out of our conversation. So we scrapped the first one, went with this, and ultimately opted for fun over difficulty.
    Share this post

  8. #38
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611


    Co-starring a young Bruce Boxleitner as Not Tron.

    They made four sequels to this.
    Share this post

  9. #39
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611


    Co-starring a young Bruce Boxleitner as Not Tron.

    They made four sequels to this.
    Share this post

  10. #40
    del170109032657's Avatar Community Manager
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,882
    Originally Posted by RollingStone222 Go to original post
    It could be "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers

    You've got to know when to hold 'em
    Know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away
    And know when to run


    That could be considered good advice...
    Must admit, you're scary good at this. Spot on. "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers will be available on Tuesday.

    Originally Posted by Grumble Volcano Go to original post
    Good on you RS team for continuing to push the boundaries of variety.
    Good choice of words here. "The Gambler" will actually be one of four songs in Variety Pack II.


    Edit: Looks like Dan and I posted at the same time. That's been happening a lot lately
    Share this post

  11. #41
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that we're getting more country music. I am completely bummed that it's "The Gambler". Not because it isn't a great song, but because it is literally nothing but a little bit of hybrid picking and simple strumming. There are just SO many more country songs (classic and contemporary) that would give people a reason to look at country in a different light, guitar wise. This pick just reinforces the "Ugh. Anybody can play country. MOAR METAL!!" opinion of some people...
    Share this post

  12. #42
    Originally Posted by CrazedRacer Go to original post
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that we're getting more country music. I am completely bummed that it's "The Gambler". Not because it isn't a great song, but because it is literally nothing but a little bit of hybrid picking and simple strumming. There are just SO many more country songs (classic and contemporary) that would give people a reason to look at country in a different light, guitar wise. This pick just reinforces the "Ugh. Anybody can play country. MOAR METAL!!" opinion of some people...
    I don't love love love country music, but I'm with you that there are more "guitar-oriented" country songs out there. That being said, I think Rocksmith is about learning to play guitar. And, a guitarist's job is not simply to show-off. In echoing your point, I agree the last country pack did have mostly simple-guitar songs on it, too, and a show-off country song would be welcome, particularly since those guitarists use different scales, which would be good for broadening learning. It's doubtful there'll be another country song in this pack. Also, it's doubtful the pack will include "Just Dropped In" by Kenny Rogers and the First Edition, which would have been welcome, along with the Gypsy Kings' "Hotel California" frankly. But, I'm happy that we're getting this and I'm excited to see what the rest of the pack holds.
    Share this post