del170109032657's Avatar Community Manager

Help the Rocksmith 2014 team with the future of our DLC!

Hi all,

We'd like your help! Can you answer three quick questions for us? We have a quick survey that will help us with our DLC moving forward.

Click here to take our three question survey. The entire survey should take less than a minute to submit.

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you!

-The Rocksmith 2014 Team

--

EDIT: Some clarification from Dan on the first question in the survey:

For the record, we're not talking about pitch-shifting entire songs -- like, if a song is in C, we are not talking about shifting it up to E Standard. The original recording will still be the original recording and, outside of a small window of correction (say, A445 down to A440, which we usually can do now but did not always have the permission to do in the past), we are not looking to shift things wholesale. Seems to be some questions about that, here and elsewhere.

This is about changing the tuning of your guitar, not the tuning of the recording. These would be arrangements that would not be what you (or we) are seeing the artists play, but in a tuning that would work better for the game's note detection. That's definitely not a small change, so that's why we wanted to ask how people felt about it. We know that some people really value insight into exactly where the artists are putting their fingers on the fretboard, and some people just want to learn how to play their favorite songs, regardless of other factors. Nothing is decided and there is no wrong answer to the poll -- but it's worth clarifying what we were trying to ask.

SUR
    VEY!!!
    lol

Cool to see you're considering some new ideas. Thanks!

del170109032657's Avatar Community Manager
    Thanks to everyone that has replied! If you'd like to add anything addtional to your thoughts, feel free to leave them as comments here. We're reading everything.

Could you go into a bit more detail about the tuning question. Are you talking about playing a D standard song in E or an of set tuning like E a443 to E standard?

Wobyone's Avatar Member
    Don't own a Capo.... yet. ;-)

Dizzyg12's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Gerkeeey Go to original post
    Could you go into a bit more detail about the tuning question. Are you talking about playing a D standard song in E or an of set tuning like E a443 to E standard?

Yeah more specifics needed.

I think ink they'd be taking some drop b songs and tuning up to c standard or something like that. In the video they did after Chevelle was released they talked about how drop b worked with that specific song but not all drop b songs and that it was truly tuned to drop b not transposed. But they also mentioned the possibility of transposing others but they wanted to be true to the artist and how it's played so we learn the correct way to play it.

I for one, would prefer to learn the real way, given the choice, but depending on the song, I'd be ok with transposed versions. It just depends i guess.

Would they need to institute pitch shifting of the tracks to match transposed tunings? If so then it will probably sound like garbage and it would be a resounding "no thanks" for me.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    I found it ironic that they haven't wanted to talk about the idea of avoiding pitch correcting the guitar sounds on songs that were off by a couple hertz on the original recording, and now they're floating the idea of releasing songs where the guitar sounds would be off by a semitone or more.

Maybe I'm envisioning it incorrectly and someone could elaborate on how that would be made to work with the game, but since I play with the guitar sound coming from my amp rather than the computer, I think that would be a 'no' for me.

Changing tunings is a broad question. Adapting to a440 from a445 and 446 etc (oasis song pack as an example) to simplify playing all those song does not actually change how you play them. This is a good change that many would probably appreciate.
    Changing a tuning from drop b to c etc. Would change how the arrangment is played, hence you would not be learning the song as played away from the game, meaning you would have to relearn it properly to play with others. For me this would put the enjoyment of playing those songs akin to playing rockband or another one of those plastic guitar games. Im not saying they are not amusing at times but to me rocksmith has always been better because you are learning to actually play the song. Despite maybe never getting a song i like i would have to say no to this type of change to a songs tuning. (hoping for a patch or new version eventually to make it possible).
    As to a cappo they cost less than a 5 song dlc pack so if a song you want needs it, buy it.

i dont own a capo, but i dont believe they are very expensive either. so if there were more songs i like that had capo, id probably end up buying one.

song list - ability to change to a grid view, to be able to move through the list of songs faster. (im using pc by the way).

id like rocksmith picks and coloured strings (i have no idea, maybe they exist).

stats - somehow the ability to see which notes im missing the most across all songs.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►