Did Ubisoft just tease Assassin's Creed Empire?

In case you're not aware, Ubisoft just released a teaser for the live stream reveal of Watch_Dogs 2. You may remember that back in 2013 when AC4 and Watch Dogs released there was a character from AC4 that traveled to Chicago that you actually kill in Watch Dogs. Even if the games aren't set in the same universe, they like to poke around with each other.

So why bring this up? Well At the very start of the Watch Dogs 2 teaser, the character's phone says "EMPIR_E"

Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xjSlHRBBck

m4r-k7's Avatar Senior Member
    Tease within a tease.... teaseception? xD

Realistically, its probably just a coincidence and Empire means something in Watch Dogs 2. But I hope we get something related to AC Empire at E3 even if its a 10 second teaser.

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by m4r-k7 Go to original post
    Tease within a tease.... teaseception? xD

Realistically, its probably just a coincidence and Empire means something in Watch Dogs 2. But I hope we get something related to AC Empire at E3 even if its a 10 second teaser.
    Nah, I bet it really is referencing AC Empire. As OP mentioned, Ubisoft titles like to poke at each other across universes. Hell, they even kinda promoted a link between AC4 and WD back in the day before they delayed the latter.

But as for AC at E3... who knows? If this reboot is really the mac daddy we're all wishing for, then I would hope they'd have a little in-engine footage ready to display (otherwise we're in trouble; eighteen months before release with no demonstrable assets would be a gigantic red flag), but considering the fact that they've been heavily criticized in the past for showing gameplay long before release and then inevitably "downgrading" it later, I would bank on them wanting to just play it safe and keep mum about Empire until they have something ready to show that's pretty close to what the final product will look like. AC is already such a universally recognized brand that they don't even really need to start the hype train this early. I would expect a little Unity-esque tease at the very most.

crusader_prophet's Avatar Senior Member
    I would say it's a tease. Great find Sigma.

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    But wait! What if this means that the open world game set in ancient Egypt is actually Watch_Dogs 2?

Hacking would be pretty useless, actually.

Originally Posted by cawatrooper9 Go to original post
    But wait! What if this means that the open world game set in ancient Egypt is actually Watch_Dogs 2?

Hacking would be pretty useless, actually.
    Protagonist carries an iStone

... I'll see myself out

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Press Square to:

1. Throw Rock
    2. Use rock to make fire
    3. Smash rock on floor
    4. Lick rock for nutrients

Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    Press Square to:

1. Throw Rock
    2. Use rock to make fire
    3. Smash rock on floor
    4. Lick rock for nutrients
    Watch_DogsTM: Primal

"Hello World" is a standard phrase used most of the time in beginner programming courses (to display a 'Hello world!' message) as well as a lot of times for system checks and stuff. So the ACR and WD2 are references to that, I'm sure WD1 has a 'Hello World' reference as well, originating several decades ago the phrase became sort of a meme when it comes to topics related to computer programming and software in general.