🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Whoa, it is quite a different experience now! My competitors no longer are an empty space and finally money regained some meaning I have only spent over an hour in the new environment with my four sectors only Veteran company, but spotted a few things that I want to share before I forget.

Overall, this new content is welcome, as it brings back somewhat active AI parties. Auctions are a nice touch, they bring in some suspense. It already seems, that it is always worth to keep 10 influence ready to get this 14 % cut, especially if you're suddenly short on funds. And on-map quests for the influence reward now will rival for importance with the iridium reward quests. Even money reward quests now suddenly seem useful.

You must own competitors shares, if you want to take over a new sector! Now acquiring a new land is not such a piece of cake!

As for calamities, although the idea is very interesting, there are some issues. I've picked 'Normal' frequency, and within this hour and a half I've been hit by three, it seems.
    The first one was solar flare on the Moon before I was even aware what was going on. All energy cut off, vital influence wasted in auctions and trying to transfer patents with insufficient number of insiders, all in all I watched helplessly my balance sink into negatives and my people dying for 20 minutes until it ended by itself. Newbie's mistakes, what can you do. Everything recovered in the end.

Then it was a hacker attack in the Kinngait sector and a first bug. First task to remedy the situation was collection of transmitters using a tracking drone. For some reason there were also monitoring drones circling those transmitters, and others just circling empty space. Then the second task was to distribute monitored freighters to ships, only... nothing was monitored. It seems, those monitoring drones confused the tasks.

Next calamity was a danger of landslides in Vanha sector and shutdown of the mines for 30 min. (if I remember correctly). Remedy? Achieve victory in a crisis sector. Now here we have some design issue. As the time continues to go on, while you're fighting, and you're experiencing detrimental effects every minute, the obvious choice in this sort of situation is to spend there as little time as possible, so you just pick the easiest level in this fight, go straight for the objective and done. This will be a set pattern each and every time. Do something about crisis sectors. First thing after Orbit dlc. They are just... out of place, out of the general picture.

And finally, I had to stop playing, because I spotted that my shares stopped bringing me profit, went into expenses category and never stopped sinking. They're eating away my balance and I have no idea, what is causing that:

Okay, so I haven't had much time to play today so I won't give feedback about the 'economic warfare' part of the patch, but I do want to say something about the sector traits.
    I think the sector traits are a great idea! It makes every world different and let's you play a bit different. Therefor it gives more replayability, really cool.

I do have one request for them. Could you please make it so people can "make their own world map". It would be awesome if we could chose the sector traits on the sectors before starting a new game! This way diehards can go all crazy with 'debufs' and the build lovers can have fun with many bonusses. Also, I saw that the bonusses can actually differ quite a bit and I don't want to have to 'reroll' a new corporation multiple times, just to get something in the direction I want. Even an option for positive/negative sector traits would be welcome.
    This addition would make this sector traits system completely awesome.

reynaudserge - I don't understand the question. If you are referring to sector traits then you can't change them but please note they are randomly chosen reloading the backup save and then updating your corporation might generate better traits for your current corporation. As for starting a new game I don't see why traits will cause a serious issue since in long game you can easily counter the effects.

Tev163 - You can only unlock those modules for the next corporation. So starting a new game will have its advantages at some point.

sauluxville - shares are a tricky thing. Before joining the market secure a serious income, lots of funds and do your best to have a very stable economy. Share price depend on the competitor overall economy. So if he is in freefall beware because its shares will have quite a negative impact in the balance. If you got shares in his company its even worse.

Feedback so far? Its gonna be fun. This update really bring us another layer of challenge and increased replayability as well although just a little.

Update 1.6 and classic camera view is still buggy. Means you have to scroll many times for the camera to change position once.

AntiChrist7's Avatar Senior Member
    I am waiting for the orbit dlc to play the game all over again, but the changs sound great. I had a quick look into them with an old savegame. What exactly decides a share goes up or down?

Is the orbit dlc the last one we are going to see? I saw somewhere 20 july, is that correct?

awsome update, share market give the other corps meaning. this update made sure you can't let the game run without you watching and playing. This update brings another layer of challenge and increases replayability. I aprove, keep them coming ubi

I just want to say I am loving it. I have learned to view my role in 2205 as a ceo of a business and not a mayor, and for an update to focus on the business side while still letting me enjoy a hybrid city-builder is just awesome.

Since the veteran update I was playing that difficulty and before this update I was just telling myself that the game on veteran was still too easy. You fixed that. I have found that the calamities are not unfair and that with preperation and good stockpiles my corporation can survive.

The stock market is a welcome and beautiful addition. I love it and the way it works is very intuitive and works well. The idea of infulence being needed is also a good one. I also got to love how after it was introduced I said to myself, "You know if I am helping fight the orbital watch and beating them in battle. I should be growing in influence." Then I see that missions against the orbital watch actually reward influence...you guys read my mind. Receiving influence for missions against the watch actually makes more sense than the resources. I mean I found myself not worrying to find the landmines in my area that he placed simply because the reward was not worth it.

I must also point out that I respect how you made all changes optional and given that there were a couple changes you had the game make two back-up saves. Well done. I encourage you to make sure all content in future that changes gameplay is optional. Sure I enjoy it all being a crazy psycho playing on veteran, but more causal players may not like having changes that make the game harder being forced on them. *cough* Administration fees *cough* Oh excuse me, I got to do something about this cough.

Oh well, all in all, this was a great and welcome update. Great work and I am looking forward to more to come. Oh, and one final note, I know people are constantly crying...I mean telling you about how they wont play this game because of no multiplayer, well I just want to say I have always played anno singleplayer since back in the day with 1602. I don't care about the multiplayer and I really enjoy playing an anno game that was built from the ground up for single-player. Anno 2205 is the anno game that I have played the most as a result. It feels like you made 2070 from the ground up to be multiplayer, and nothing wrong with that, but I am glad to see you made a single-player focused game.

Again, well done, I am loving this game, and, fun fact, given how often I play this game I estimate that in a few months the number of hours I have played anno 2205 will be greater than the number of hours I have played civilization V. Yes, I am actually serious, and I hope that shows just how much I love this game!

Tev163's Avatar Junior Member
    What exactly decides a share goes up or down?
    I think its relatively random - each corporation's shares will rise and fall on some type of changing timer. Usually you'll have one or two of the big five rising at different rates, while the others drop. Sometime all of them may be rising or falling at once, with the latter case being an interesting situation. You can, for example, execute a patent transfer, which will boost a companies shares significantly, but its only temporary. My current strategy is to actually spread your shares over all the big five instead of investing into just one or two (if and when their shares drop, you income goes well into the negative in that case). This way you usually have multiple shares rising and falling, so your income isn't so volatile.

I really do like the shares mechanics though, it makes for much more engaging game-play.

AntiChrist7's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah ive started a new game, and it is defo more interactive with the AI.

Im having a go at the "reach 10k balance without employees, but when i use workforce dronesit goes down to 1, not to 0, and its a reduction of 99%. Anyone has achieved this one?

I love the new additional content, the auctions and the calamities are great. It gives me something to actually worry about happening vs just leaving the game run and who cares. It's much more active, and impossible to let be passive. Even now when I own every share, sometimes I am forced to sell one to end a calamity. Very cool.

I'm on Veteran, but I wish it was a bit harder still. Not sure how you can do that, but I think when one gets to a certain level, there is not really any challenge left.

I did start a new game to complete a couple achievements with everything set to maximum difficulty and was still able to complete the lunar licensing in 6 hours using no world market, and the achievement is for under 10. I think on easy mode it would have taken probably 8 minutes. , but they were done very quick. Even have Fully Automated, 0 employees one completed, that was fun!

The longest one to complete was the 1,000,000 Employees without making gas plants or fusion reactor as we can't transfer power it is a bit more of a challenge, but was still able to complete it first try.

I'm really looking forward to the next DLC now, thanks for breathing life into Anno again.