🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

The zones of the future

Mars Addon would be nice but I would love to see some added depth to the game also. I read somewhere in science articles about Mars Utopia Towers:
    http://www.dezeen.com/2016/01/06/mar...e-environment/

Those could be added as a special mechanic in the Mars environment.

Also if we have Mars then next great idea could be Venus:
    http://www.universetoday.com/15570/c...oating-cities/

Also would like to see Desert Zone on Earth and Underwater maybe Underground?
    Underwater is a bit of what I would love to see because with a scale that Anno 2205 gives this could be interesting - and we know that in Annoverse underwater colonies are build because of Anno 2070 so building an underwater city would be interesting.

And definitely not one map like in Tundra - if you give us a new zone give us a 3 map at least.

It would be great if the new zones were less self-sufficient. I would like to trade half-products over the zones and have more complex production chain in there and have deeper trade route mechanics to manage that.

Sounds like you want Anno 2070 with the graphics and expanse of 2205.

Just cause I said "underwater"?

Just because it would be underwater zone wouldn't mean that it would work and act like an Anno 2070. Just saying that since Anno 2205 is generally going in the direction of giving more zones to players in time I thought why not some underwater city? Not a small underwater settlement. City. And the mechanics can be way different than it was in Anno 2070. Just because it's underwater doesn't make it Anno 2070.

Being less self-sufficient I mant something like in the arctic zone with juice. You need to supply it from elsewhere. Just this.

This is just about the zone ideas. The mechanics of the game is a different story.

There are more parallels as well, the supply chains like you said. Some underwater, that have to be transported above water etc.

Don't worry, I am with you. 2070 was my favorite game of all time. I did every single achievement and made a map just for quests, I have over 500 hours on one map alone. 2205 I think I have about 300 hours total.

There is much discussion about Mars overall, so I wont come with more details on this matter.

If you ask me? Anno 2205 need another city, if its on Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus or Underwater, we need cities not colonies.
    It would be nice small DLC's with different colonies but every single colony must offer more than just a clone of Tundra one for instance. So they must be done such way to improve the main game as well and not feel like is a standalone colony in the nowhere.

Originally Posted by Sedyn Go to original post
    There are more parallels as well, the supply chains like you said. Some underwater, that have to be transported above water etc.

Don't worry, I am with you. 2070 was my favorite game of all time. I did every single achievement and made a map just for quests, I have over 500 hours on one map alone. 2205 I think I have about 300 hours total.
    Judging by your other posts in other threads I deduct that some portion of the time spend in 2205 was just by waiting for smog achievement And yeah - having Anno 2070 with graphics and Expanse of 2205 would be quite interesting. I could even drop the graphics requirement if the gameplay is engaging enough.

Originally Posted by xvraptor Go to original post
    Anno 2205 need another city [...] So they must be done such way to improve the main game as well and not feel like is a standalone colony in the nowhere.
    True to that. We need another city and keep colonies as minor updates.