0 0%
  • Soul Calibur "Venice Rooftops SCV Remix"

3 15.00%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member

Favorite "Ezio's Family" variation?

I know not everyone is crazy about "Ezio's Family" having become more or less the official theme music of the series. Personally, I don't mind it. In fact, I like hearing the theme mixed in all kinds of different styles, rearranged for the soundscape of various historical eras.

With that in mind: what's your favourite of the variations we've heard in the games so far? I've left out the original because I want to know what OTHER versions people like. (Only included China from the Chronicles games, as India and Russia only incorporate Ezio's theme minimally in their main themes.)

AC2 "Earth":

Chronicles: China:

Rogue:

Unity:

Syndicate:

AC Identity:

BONUS: Soul Calibur "Venice Rooftops SCV Remix":

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    Rogue's is my favourite, got a lot of flak for so closely resembling it but I find it really beautiful and more listenable than Ezio's family itself... And it wonderfully includes The British Empire from AC4 too... Love it.

I am not crazy about Ezio's Family becoming the unofficial theme though, don't mind a motif but each game should have it's own identity and it's symbolic of how desperately they want to grasp on to the Ezio trilogy and can't really move on...

Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    You forgot Chronicles: India.

Haha.

Originally Posted by Megas_Doux Go to original post

Haha.
    Originally Posted by SixKeys
    (Only included China from the Chronicles games, as India and Russia only incorporate Ezio's theme minimally in their main themes.)

crusader_prophet's Avatar Senior Member
    AC Rogue version - sharp, edgy, sense of mystery, sense of exploration, sense of urgency

HDinHB's Avatar Senior Member
    The Rogue version is good and you can really feel it throughout the game,but the original version is original. I also like Syndicate's version with the mournful strings, and the fact that Evie (Victoria Atkin) does the vocals.

I like that a common element developed to the themes, even if it wasn't planned. It shouldn't overwhelm the unique music and atmosphere of each game, just enough to welcome you and remind you where you are and where you came from.

SpiritOfNevaeh's Avatar Senior Member
    Omg I don't remember hearing Rogue's version, but I just listened to it and it is so mysterious and creepy. Luv it! *checks off box*

I do like the Earth version and Syndicate's.

I'm suprise to choose the soul calibur one as my best version after hearing the first minute of it. In fact I never played/will play that game, but it's one of the 2 only choice which I never played their game. ^-^

Originally Posted by SpiritOfNevaeh Go to original post
    Omg I don't remember hearing Rogue's version, but I just listened to it and it is so mysterious and creepy. Luv it! *checks off box*
    Did you even play ac rogue once? It's the music we hear in the main menu.

Originally Posted by Megas_Doux Go to original post

Haha.
    Just saw you made your 4000th comment. So many and still not an ac expert on the forum. I'm starting to think I'll never be one of them. Congratulations for you 4000th post. ^-^

BATISTABUS's Avatar AC Expert
    I like the original and the SCV remix best. I really do love the Rogue version, but I think the song could stand alone without the AC2 melody.