MartynQ's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm enjoying this pack so far.

thequickmind's Avatar Senior Member
    Oh man, I'm so happy with this pack. I just played through these songs a couple of times and they are so fun. Maybe its just because I love these songs so much, but they were very satisfying to play, and I feel like these songs have a variety of valuable techniques to teach players. We have a lot of bends, slides, melodic chord variations, time changes, even pick harmonics. My only complaint is that there weren't more songs! Hopefully we'll get more Queensr che in the future. I hope this sells well, and that we can get more early stuff, as well as additional songs from Operation: Mindcrimes 1 and 2.

Amara_Tamlin's Avatar Senior Member
    Instant buy. Power metal FTW!

flynlion's Avatar Senior Member
    I hate to get hung up on labels, but "Progressive Rock" these guys aint. For those who can dig it, carry on....

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by rcole_sooner Go to original post
    I wanted these so bad, I tried to buy them all day yesterday .. until I remembered it was Monday.

lol you silly old man, I would NEVER do anything as stupid as that, no, I do things like hit a control in Rocksmith and nothing happens. I hit it again, still nothing,go to reboot the Playstation and realise I'm playing the Steam version on my Laptop hehe (in my defense, both go into my big screen TV)

these should be fun on bass, or outrageously hard, not that familiar with these.

infocat1's Avatar Senior Member
    (Bass) not hard at all, but quite fun. Love the rumblebass sound!

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Got several plays on each last night. I liked 'em a lot. Already part of my favorites.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by flynlion Go to original post
    I hate to get hung up on labels, but "Progressive Rock" these guys aint. For those who can dig it, carry on....
    They are 100% Progressive rock, so explain why they aren't

http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/07/22...3-queensryche/

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    I'd rather they be Hair Metal than Progressive Rock .... I don't like the sound of the term "Progressive Rock". Sounds too "artsy".

...but, I just wanna say ...

This pack rocks!!!!

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    And now i have to figure out who BTBAM is.....

QR's EP and first album were pretty straightforward, before they "progressed" into more concept-y writing. Then Empire took a step back on the proggy scale and I kinda lost track of QR after that. I agree they're far from a "hair band" but i don't really think of them as Prog Metal either. Even with Mindcrime, the concept/lyrics are progressive, but the music is still pretty straightforward metal music, IMO (or maybe that's power metal by that point, whatever that is).

"Hair band" is probably the only label I would really argue with.