Community

I have love/hate for this community. Yes the game has problems. Yes these problems need to be addressed and fixed. Yes the UBIsoft Massive team does a really bad job at communication kinda like that girl that doesn't like and doesn't tell you hahaha.

The biggest thing that is always talked about in the DZ and how people that are killed QQ, then the most common response is that they are just not good at the game. I think it's so funny because pre patch 1.1 the people QQing were the ones going around killing people saying that losing so much was not fair considering the reward.

But this isn't a rant about what's fair or unfair. I mean people are going to argue about a lot of things. But what I see and this is just from my point of view is the fact that the DZ is unbalanced for both sides. People that want to go rouge just do it for fun because there is nothing else to do and now that there is no harsh penalty why not. On the other side the players that are just trying to get gear are still being punished for not having the luck or the time to get said gear, also the lose of XP and credits which help you get gear in the game.

Another thing as far as what I can see there is no option for players to define their own style of play. Talents, perks, skills plus the RNG on gear and the talents and attributes you can get are blocked by a RNG wall that limits both player progression and a players creativity.

This game has great potential but sitting on the forums *****ing about players getting kill and rouge players *****ing that players that are getting killed in the DZ are just qqing doesn't help the game. Like I said UBIsoft Massive needs to be clear and they need to have better response times. But above all actually listen to players ideas about what kind of changes they want to see. Of course getting better quality and more quantity is cool that's what a loot base game should do. But there needs to be more definitive changes and updates. Adding more loot and 1 new mission isn't going to help the game, a couple updates on changes to gear/weapons and bug/glitch fixes.

I believe that addeding more challenge missions, more PvP modes, adding more then 1 stat reset, also adding the ability to change a talent on gear or weapons would make players happy to get back into the game. I also think that adding new PvP modes with PvP gear and set pieces would be fantastic and give the game more of a competitive refreshness to the game. This is a lot of content but if you let players know that you are considering these type of changes, players won't be so willing to drop the game because there is nothing to do.

It doesn't take a game developer to know what the game lacks. You don't need a degree to know what players want. You need the willingness to change and ears to listen. Great developers didn't make it because they made a great game from their own ideas they used their communities, the very players that have a passion for the game. They used outside resources, they looked at other games to see what players like and don't like, they played others games took ideas and tried to create their own using the other games ideas as a templates. All I can say is that if Massive truly cared for the game and it's players they would address their players concerns, act immediately and promptly to communicate these issue, give players a idea of when to expect these changes and updates the time on a day to day basis. The more information you give the better the community will respond to the problems and try to help. But instead you have people fighting because there is nothing else to do.

There is alot of content on the horizon to look forward to, both free updates with v1.2 Conflict arriving this May for everyone and the beginning of the Season Pass content with Underground arriving first on Xbox One in June. We still have a years worth of content to look forward to down the road that hasnt even begun to start rolling out the door.

The biggest problem right now is the community toxicity, the haves and have-not's. People are upset because some players who, may or may not have, dedicated the time to rank up and grind out gear pre-patch are overbearing to those who dont have the time to spare.

The Division is a game that is accessible to anyone, core or casual, but the curve to get new gear and new items and progress further in the game than the average bear alligns more towards the core gamer -- someone who dedicates more than an hour or two at a time to the game. I'm not saying that casual players cant progress, but you have to understand that this is an MMO. It's not meant to be easy.

I myself have close to twenty days played. I believe it was 19 days and 21 hours when I logged off today. I am Gear Score 203 and DZ99. I've put the time and effort into the game to get to where I am today, but im still finding things to do and things to look forward to even after dumping all that time into the game. I still dont have a single 240 GS item. I still dont have a 204 First Wave M1A that I actually like. I still dont have a 204 pair of gloves. I still dont have a single piece of Sentries that is worth the loss of DPS / Health. Im still in the min maxing phase of my build, even though I am currently at 300 / 95 / 10.

My point is, everyone finds enjoyment in the title in different ways. If we cater to everyone, it doesn't help everyone in the end. There has to be a common ground where we can all agree on certain things and what is "fair", and I firmly believe that when v1.2 Conflict arrives, alot of those issues will be addressed and taken care of.

The team wants to be more transparent with you guys, and they read your comments as much as they can between here, social media and Reddit. They are listening, they just might not be as vocal as you would like them to be about it.

Natchai and I talk and share your ideas back an forth almost on a daily basis. It's part of the Community Manager's job on the title to make a short list of ideas and write reports on the community and what players' would like to see in the game. Thats why threads like this exist: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...eady-forwarded

I am doing the best that I can, within my power, as a Moderator to help convey to the Community Managers and on to the devs what you guys are asking for. I just ask that you have a little more patience. Im a player too, just like you guys, after all.

s140183's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DigitalHitmann Go to original post
    There is alot of content on the horizon to look forward to, both free updates with v1.2 Conflict arriving this May for everyone and the beginning of the Season Pass content with Underground arriving first on Xbox One in June. We still have a years worth of content to look forward to down the road that hasnt even begun to start rolling out the door.

The biggest problem right now is the community toxicity, the haves and have-not's. People are upset because some players who, may or may not have, dedicated the time to rank up and grind out gear pre-patch are overbearing to those who dont have the time to spare.

The Division is a game that is accessible to anyone, core or casual, but the curve to get new gear and new items and progress further in the game than the average bear alligns more towards the core gamer -- someone who dedicates more than an hour or two at a time to the game. I'm not saying that casual players cant progress, but you have to understand that this is an MMO. It's not meant to be easy.

I myself have close to twenty days played. I believe it was 19 days and 21 hours when I logged off today. I am Gear Score 203 and DZ99. I've put the time and effort into the game to get to where I am today, but im still finding things to do and things to look forward to even after dumping all that time into the game. I still dont have a single 240 GS item. I still dont have a 204 First Wave M1A that I actually like. I still dont have a 204 pair of gloves. I still dont have a single piece of Sentries that is worth the loss of DPS / Health. Im still in the min maxing phase of my build, even though I am currently at 300 / 95 / 10.

My point is, everyone finds enjoyment in the title in different ways. If we cater to everyone, it doesn't help everyone in the end. There has to be a common ground where we can all agree on certain things and what is "fair", and I firmly believe that when v1.2 Conflict arrives, alot of those issues will be addressed and taken care of.

The team wants to be more transparent with you guys, and they read your comments as much as they can between here, social media and Reddit. They are listening, they just might not be as vocal as you would like them to be about it.

Natchai and I talk and share your ideas back an forth almost on a daily basis. It's part of the Community Manager's job on the title to make a short list of ideas and write reports on the community and what players' would like to see in the game. Thats why threads like this exist: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...eady-forwarded

I am doing the best that I can, within my power, as a Moderator to help convey to the Community Managers and on to the devs what you guys are asking for. I just ask that you have a little more patience. Im a player too, just like you guys, after all.
    Actually, the problems on the forum are born from the issues of the game. The game is cluster**** right now. It has serious balance issues. Loads of glitches and bugs. Lack of end-game content, terrible loot system. On PC it is rife with cheaters/hackers, etc.

saying "DLC is coming" is like putting a suit on a pig, it may look smart and charming, but it is still a pig.

More patience, are you serious? This game still has issues that we, the community, highlighted during the alpha. What is the point of having an alpha and a beta if you are not going to address the big issues found in them.

Even the issues fixed post launch tend to get broke in the next update. The quality of work here leaves a lot to be desired, and doesn;t exactly fill gamers with confidence.

Originally Posted by s140183 Go to original post
    Actually, the problems on the forum are born from the issues of the game. The game is cluster**** right now. It has serious balance issues. Loads of glitches and bugs. Lack of end-game content, terrible loot system. On PC it is rife with cheaters/hackers, etc.

saying "DLC is coming" is like putting a suit on a pig, it may look smart and charming, but it is still a pig.

More patience, are you serious? This game still has issues that we, the community, highlighted during the alpha. What is the point of having an alpha and a beta if you are not going to address the big issues found in them.
    I was part of both the Alpha, Beta as well as private testing that went on at the studio itself. Im not really sure which issues you are trying to 'highlight' and bring to my attention so I have no way to address them further. If you could tell me in a constructive manner, maybe I could address them further.

I know everything is not sunshine and roses right now, and im not going to try to tell you otherwise. That's why there are patches and updates in the first place. Creating community toxicity though by arguing with one another is not going to address them faster than they are already being addressed.

Creating a patch or game update not only takes development time in house, but also takes time to pass through console manufacturer certification before it can be downloaded by the players themselves. Certification for an average patch on Microsoft platforms can take up to two weeks -- just to get a pass / fail.

Creating micro patches that could possibly generate more problems in the long run would be worse than taking the time to develop a proper patch, pass it through QA and on to certification. It might take longer, but the end result should be much better and much more stable than the other option.

s140183's Avatar Senior Member
    I was part of both the Alpha, Beta as well as private testing that went on at the studio itself. Im not really sure which issues you are trying to 'highlight' and bring to my attention so I have no way to address them further. If you could tell me in a constructive manner, maybe I could address them further.

I know everything is not sunshine and roses right now, and im not going to try to tell you otherwise. That's why there are patches and updates in the first place. Creating community toxicity though by arguing with one another is not going to address them faster than they are already being addressed.

Creating a patch or game update not only takes development time in house, but also takes time to pass through console manufacturer certification before it can be downloaded by the players themselves. Certification for an average patch on Microsoft platforms can take up to two weeks -- just to get a pass / fail.

Creating micro patches that could possibly generate more problems in the long run would be worse than taking the time to develop a proper patch, pass it through QA and on to certification. It might take longer, but the end result should be much better and much more stable than the other option.
    You had constructive feedback during the alpha and beta, and did nothing with it. Like weapon balancing issues. On the PC side of things you were told about the cheating issues and even now the anti cheat system is far from good. You knew that having so much client side was causing massive issues and still released it in that state. I could go on and on and on.

Point is, you have had plenty of time to fix some big issues and have done very little on the face of things. You have only just started talking about balancing changes, which means these are not coming any time soon.

Using time for patches and certification processes is a poor excuse. The game should not have been released in its current state.

Originally Posted by s140183 Go to original post
    You had constructive feedback during the alpha and beta, and did nothing with it. Like weapon balancing issues. On the PC side of things you were told about the cheating issues and even now the anti cheat system is far from good. You knew that having so much client side was causing massive issues and still released it in that state. I could go on and on and on.

Point is, you have had plenty of time to fix some big issues and have done very little on the face of things. You have only just started talking about balancing changes, which means these are not coming any time soon.

Using time for patches and certification processes is a poor excuse. The game should not have been released in its current state.
    As far as weapon balancing goes, shotguns already received a significant update since the Alpha to make them more viable. I see quite a few people using them now in the Dark Zone.

There will also be a balancing to both weapon Talents and weapons themselves coming in v1.2 which was already announced on the State of the Game stream last week.The new patch will also fix a significant amount of armor Talents as well as personal talents such as 'Reckless' and 'One is None' to name a few. Ill also add the v1.2 'Conflict' arrives in May.

As far as client / server side mechanics go, there was both a podcast and Official blog update post on these very topics which I would encourage anyone with questions to read or listen to:

https://soundcloud.com/thedivisionga...live-to-server

http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-beh...line-gameplay/

DigitalHitmann:

I've seen more posts from you addressing specific questions regarding the state of The Division in the last couple of days than from anyone else at Ubisoft in the previous 2 months. I've certainly appreciated it. Is this a concerted effort to be more transparent?

Honestly I do not belive that the toxicity comes from what you stated, on the contrary there's a lot of reasons to the current toxicity in the community.

One being the non enforcement of your own rules regarding cheating/bug abuse. At the first real abuse of a bug, Ubisoft made a joke out of it which resulted in a completely and blatantly abuse of any other bug that was found. In the end people were advertising their bug abuse in both the game and on streams/youtube. Either you enforce your rules or you don't make any at all.

Second is the complete lack of content once you reached around 100 hours of playing. I have never played any MMO or RPG outside of alpha/beta with this little content. Once you have finished the light zone it's pretty much empty and all that is left is the Dark Zone, which honestly gets boring quite fast, cause the game goes from a cover based/strategic TPS to a run and gun TPS. This makes quite a lot of the skills quite useless in PvP.

Third is that some of the abused bugs have been known for almost two months and nothing has been done about it. I even filed a ticket in regards to a bug that makes it quite annoying for me to swap skills on the fly and the answer was that it is a known issue and it's being worked on. It took support two weeks to tell me that it's a known bug. I've played beta/early access games from indie developers with better customer support than Ubisoft provide.

mattrickl06's Avatar Senior Member
    I am disappointed that people on the inside also have this misconception.

The majority of people do not mind having to grind for better gear even though it will take them a longer period of time as they are more casual gamers.

Because it takes a longer period of time the DZ is no longer a viable way to progress ourselves due to the large gap in GS / glitchers / hackers / number of griefers bored because they have nothing else to do.

6 weeks ago it would be fairly quick to get to DZ level 99, now it takes so much longer as its one step forward and two steps back.

I would love to keep playing to try and get to level 75 and buy the M1A 204 blueprint, but it will probably take me another 3-4 months to get there, which would be ok if everytime i went in the DZ i actually felt like progress was being made. At the moment its just a gankfest and too many players are preventing the more casual players such as myself from any kind of meaningful progression.

BeardMagic253's Avatar Member
    One of the biggest issues which was stated on numerous occasions was the flawed anti-cheat system that is in place. We were told in alpha / beta that anti-cheat would be implemented on Day 1.

Where was it? Not there.

We were told that the community's voices are being heard and that it's about improving the experience for us at this point...

You know what that sounds like? Comcast

I'm a comcast technician, and let me tell you: They are investing billions of dollars into their customer experience... but the difference is that their customer experience program... the customers' voices are actually being heard and they are taking everything 110% serious now.... UNLIKE UBISOFT.

You want players to stay around and continue to play? Listen to what we are all telling you: Don't give a cheater a 2-week punitive slap on the wrist... Give them a real punishment. Ban them flat out.

Hackers / Aimbotters / RPM / Teleportation cheaters should not receive a warning. That is a clear violation of the Terms of Service, which in there states clearly that cheating shall not be tolerated. Exploiting a bug should in large receive a few warnings: 1 - 3 day ban, 2 - 14 day ban, 3 - Permaban.

Instead, ubi is giving a slap on the wrist for blatant cheaters with no regard to the policies in effect. "Oh you silly goose, stop teleporting. It's funny but not okay!"

No. You should be banning them outright and when they come on here raging about a refund the answer should be "You violated the terms of service which clearly states you are not to use cheat engines, or third party software of any kind that will give you an advantage over other players. Your answer is no, you will not receive a refund, goodbye." It should also end with a permanent ban from the forums.

Instead, ubisoft has violated its own policies and furthermore, made the community look like a bunch of idiots. The attempts to show transparency are appreciated from the forum moderators, but at the same time... there's not much transparency to display. It has become painfully obvious that we are not the focus. The focus has become more on developing content and giving us other things to occupy ourselves with, rather than fixing gamebreaking problems. To list a few: exploiting bugs (people still do it every day and yet ubi devs made a joke out of it at first and damn near encouraged it), cheaters, griefing (beyond reason of course, a little bit isnt a big problem, but some if it really is), and broken achievements / missions.

These are all gamebreaking flaws that have caused your community to bleed out and leave. I've NEVER seen an MMO bleed out 80% of its playerbase on the steamcharts and use the excuse "oh this is normal and to be expected," no, it's absolutely not.

This should be the first sign to you that transparency with the community is a must, and that you need to hear their voices and focus on the REAL problems first. I understand lack of content is what drives the griefing scene out of control, but the reality of it is that "boredom breeds contempt."

It holds true in the real world, as it holds true in the virtual world. Fix the real problems, then move onto providing more content for us to delve into.

There's my 2 cents and what I could say would help bring this game back to life.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►