Game crash/freeze on menu screen (PS4)

I've bought/downloaded this game yesterday (PSN), finished the promising tutorial and watch the menu screen since then.
    This is - as you can imagine - boring as hell. (And apparently no unknown issue.)

So I have some questions:

Is there a workaround?
    Are you (respectively Signal Studios) fixing this problem?
    If yes, when (will there be a patch)?
    If no, when will I get my money back?

Same issue mate.

Originally Posted by Oxenkiller Go to original post
    Is there a workaround?
    Are you (respectively Signal Studios) fixing this problem?
    If yes, when (will there be a patch)?
    If no, when will I get my money back?
    Hey man, I have the same issue, I just got off the phone with Ubisoft Support as it seems their online chat isn't working for me (They're like a bad joke right?)

Anyway, the dude game me some answers to the questions you had and I asked as I had them too.

Yes there is apparently a patch they have released, It's not part of the 1.01 patch released through PSN, it's downloaded when you star the game up, apparently at the start menu of the game, 'get to the start screen, and don't press anything. It can take up to half an hour depending on your connection speed, and you won't see any progress bars or anything, once it's done relaunch your game and you should be updated' .. Which to me sounded like he wanted to get me off the phone, but i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try it. It's a pretty poor way of delivering an update if it's true though.

--I'm also not sure if he means the start menu or the 'press option to start' screen.. I'll let you know when i've tried them both.

And if you want to get a refund it's got to be from Sony's Playstation Network Support, not theirs.. Apparently. Pretty poor again really.

Just saving you some time I hope.

Well done UBI. Out done yourselves this time. *Slow clap*

UPDATE:

It seems not to have worked; I was sure he just wanted me off the phone. Let me know if it does for you.

Workaround

I'm having the same issue, lucky for me i found a workaround on these forums that actually works..
    I thought it was a joke but setting the date to 1 august 2015 seems to solve my main menu freeze.

Hope this helps you guys too, i was pretty disappointed when i couldn't play after buying it yesterday.

Let me know if it helps too.

UPDATE:
    Had some dlc issues, changed it to 30 august 2015 seem to be able to access everything again.

Originally Posted by Charleytan Go to original post
    Anyway, the dude game me some answers to the questions you had and I asked as I had them too.

Yes there is apparently a patch they have released, It's not part of the 1.01 patch released through PSN, it's downloaded when you star the game up, apparently at the start menu of the game, 'get to the start screen, and don't press anything. It can take up to half an hour depending on your connection speed, and you won't see any progress bars or anything, once it's done relaunch your game and you should be updated' .. Which to me sounded like he wanted to get me off the phone, but i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try it. It's a pretty poor way of delivering an update if it's true though.
    The (german) Ubisoft support told me the same. And it still won't work. This is kind of ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous. This actually works:

Originally Posted by B4ger Go to original post
    I thought it was a joke but setting the date to 1 august 2015 seems to solve my main menu freeze.
    Thank you.

I'm having the same issue, lucky for me i found a workaround on these forums that actually works..

Hope this helps you guys too, i was pretty disappointed when i couldn't play after buying it yesterday.

Let me know if it helps too.

UPDATE:
    Had some dlc issues, changed it to 30 august 2015 seem to be able to access everything again.

It is weird that this works, however it is complete ******** that we even have to do this just to make the game work. I love how they got away with selling a game that may not even work for you, then are kind of like "lol, sorry" as they walk around counting dollars, without coming up with a solid solution or patch that works. I refuse to set my calendar every time I want to play the game (because I have other better games that take less effort to start up) and I'm just done with Ubi. /endrant

Wth!

Not happy at all UBISOFT, how long do people have to ***** about this game before you fix it? Are you waiting for a class action or what? So I have the same story as all of yous, I bought this game and it can't be played. Of course I don't have the receipt to return it, plus it's open.

What is the workaround?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by kitty7641 Go to original post
    Not happy at all UBISOFT, how long do people have to ***** about this game before you fix it? Are you waiting for a class action or what? So I have the same story as all of yous, I bought this game and it can't be played. Of course I don't have the receipt to return it, plus it's open.

What is the workaround?

Thanks.
    You have to change your date to before September 2015, so August 1st 2015, go to the settings and change it so the date/time doesn't automatically update, restart your console then you should be able to play it.

If you bought the Hall of fame edition stupidly, like my self you have to do the above, start the game, get to the main menu then close it all down and start the game again.

I've spoken to both Playstation and Ubisoft about it wanting a refund and because Ubisoft said "We're aware of the issue", the Playstation people won't issue a refund at all or even remove it from sale.

This works but is pathetic..

This works after disabling PSN as well, this is ****ing ridiculous though.

And yeah there is no way to get refunded.. If you're in the US, class action may be the way to go. This is unacceptable. I'm basically wanting to boycott all Ubi products in future.. Which will make no difference to Ubi$oft, but i'll feel a little less dead inside. *******es.

Also xMilky_Joe, EPIC name.

Hey man, I have the same issue, I just got off the phone with Ubisoft Support as it seems their online chat isn't working for me (They're like a bad joke right?)

--I'm also not sure if he means the start menu or the 'press option to start' screen.. I'll let you know when i've tried them both.

And if you want to get a refund it's got to be from Sony's Playstation Network Support, not theirs.. Apparently. Pretty poor again really.

Just saving you some time I hope.

Well done UBI. Out done yourselves this time. *Slow clap*

UPDATE:

It seems not to have worked; I was sure he just wanted me off the phone. Let me know if it does for you.
    you know, considering how big ubisoft is, updating the game this way seems unlikely. and considering you dont see a progress bar or anything, and the download/install time could vary, how are you sopost to know when to relaunch the game? sounds to me like the person had no idea whats going on and came up with a story off the top of his head.

This works after disabling PSN as well, this is ****ing ridiculous though.

And yeah there is no way to get refunded.. If you're in the US, class action may be the way to go. This is unacceptable. I'm basically wanting to boycott all Ubi products in future.. Which will make no difference to Ubi$oft, but i'll feel a little less dead inside. *******es.

Also xMilky_Joe, EPIC name.
    i was thinking the same thing. they have known about the freeezing bug since launch which was last year. i dont think its legal they sell this game without telling you it might not fully work. and to add insult to injury, every official reply to this bug is "we are aware of the issue and are looking into it." or something along those lines. no update like "we found the bug and are working on it, should be fixed soon." or anything. i aswell am boycotting ubisoft. true, one person boycotting wont make a difference, but if you spread the word, you might just make a difference. tell your facebook friends, make youtube videos, #boycottubisoft, etc. i spoke with someone over the chat support thing, and he pretty much told me "thats too bad." so i think they either dont care, or there is some deeper reason.