The Day After Never

Been reading a book by Russel Blake. It is about a real bad flu that causes mass death and the collapse of society. Based in Texas and New Mexico. The big cities of Texas have been taken over by escaped convicts. Sound familiar?

I am only about half way through but I find the similarities of the book to The Division interesting. Not a bad read so far.

gST8QC

Stephen King wrote basically the same book...back in like 1978....book was called "The Stand".....his best in my opinion.

You definitely want to read Stephen King's book. He is the king. That guy was a ****ing maniac full of conspiration stuff and great imagination, just like Tom Clancy, RIP. Great authors.

Oh I have read the Stand. One of his best books. Also Flagg the villain in the Stand appeared in many of Kings books.

Originally Posted by WinnieThe_Pooh Go to original post
    You definitely want to read Stephen King's book. He is the king.
    Punny.

I thought it would be nice to talk about something besides bugs, hacks, exploits, griefers and gankers for a change

I am so glad the game is based on something a lot more realistic than Zombies.

Stupid question: How are they making a game called Tom Clancy's The Division when there is no book by Tom Clancy called The Division? What lore is this story based on and who wrote it?

Its like how can they make endless Star Trek movies and TV shows that are not based on anything Roddenberry wrote. They paid for the rights to stamp his name on it.

Syr.Jake's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Dual Solo Go to original post
    Stupid question: How are they making a game called Tom Clancy's The Division when there is no book by Tom Clancy called The Division? What lore is this story based on and who wrote it?
    Because the game isn't based on a particular book. It is set in the Tom Clancy Universe, so to speak.

JerginsSoft's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Rasmuth1963 Go to original post
    Stephen King wrote basically the same book...back in like 1978....book was called "The Stand".....his best in my opinion.
    Unbelievably good book. The best next to the first 4 dark tower books.