🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Originally Posted by UninstalledThis Go to original post
    This is good except that you cant even click on these guys names due to a hack.......I uninstalled and requested a refund for exactly this reason, I can't even find a FL group in general because of the IjIIIIiiLIiiiLIii clown in chat, and I cant ignore any of them either.
    You type it in manually.

milonz42's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by SStoj Go to original post
    You type it in manually.
    You can't deal with spammers by typing manually their name.
    - They often do more that one page of spam, so you don't see their pseudos without scrolling up.
    - Text keeps scrolling down, and you can't stop it.
    - Most of them use very long and complicated pseudos, with the text scrolling down, so typing their pseudos is a punishment for the player, not for the spammer.
    - Some had a space in their pseudo (another glitch), and spaces just don't work with the /ignore /report commands, so it's totally impossible to ignore them

Go see a chat feature on another MMO, and you'll see it totally useless and unpractical.
    The chatting UI must be really improved, become fast, easy and efficient.

But SStoj had a very good idea, at least for the PvE part : votekicking cheaters on missions.
    I think, this isn't doable for now, as the group management features are also rustic and medieval.
    The problem is only the leader can kick someone from the group, and the leader can be the cheater.
    I've even seen an afk leader, people had to play the mission with 3 members, while he was chatting with his girlfriends about pizzas and his school problems.
    We were, as simple members of the group, OWNED, and he knew.
    There isn't a votekick command, and it's REALLY missing in the game.
    Ubi should also see how concurrents do group management on other games and try to improve their own =/

Once it's done, cheaters on PvE missions will diseapear.

Originally Posted by milonz42 Go to original post
    You can't deal with spammers by typing manually their name.
    - They often do more that one page of spam, so you don't see their pseudos without scrolling up.
    - Text keeps scrolling down, and you can't stop it.
    - Most of them use very long and complicated pseudos, so with the text scrolling down, is a punishment for the player, not for the spammer.
    - Some had a space in their pseudo (another glitch), and spaces don't work with the /ignore /report commands, so it's totally impossible to ignore them

Go see a chat feature on another MMO, and you'll see it totally useless and unpractical.
    The chatting UI must be really improved.

But SStoj had a very good idea, at least for the PvE part : votekicking cheaters on missions.
    I think, this isn't doable for now, as the group management features are also rustic and medieval.
    The problem is only the leader can kick someone from the group, and the leader can be the cheater.
    I've even seen an afk leader, people had to play the mission with 3 members, while he was chatting with his girlfriends about pizzas and his school problems.
    We were, as simple members of the group, OWNED, and he knew.
    There isn't a votekick command, and it's REALLY missing in the game.
    Ubi should also see how concurrents do group management on other games and try to improve their own =/
    There are only two noteworthy spammers in chat. The English IlllILlILILILIL guy and the Chinese l-_.9ILLILILIILXXX guy. Both of their names can easily be seen if you click the "Maximise Chat" button. They'll keep spamming messages, but since their message is the same length, the name stays in the same spot.

As for the votekicking, I don't mean kicking from groups in missions. I mean kicking from the server in the Darkzone, even if they're not in your group.

Originally Posted by Benneauman Go to original post
    I would like a response from Ubisoft/Massive whether or not the following clause taken from theguardion.com is true. (https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ion-pc-ubisoft)

"I asked Glenn Fielder, a game networking expert with 15 years experience who most recently worked on Titanfall, whether there’s anything to this......... Since talking to the Guardian, Fielder has gone on to investigate further and, after certain evidence, adds this: “The Division is most likely using a trusted client network model. I sincerely hope this is not the case, because if it is true, my opinion of can this be fixed is basically no.”

I think it is a huge statement made by Fielder and if true that is a serious outcome to PC-players and just means the game is definately broken on PC

Taken from thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-my-local-news

Before i get bashed or my post gets deleted again it's not needless to say i was a huge fan in the beta (that's why i bought the game|) and for the first two weeks after D-Day. But it doesn't get any funnier now anymore.
    Not sure if this has been answered earlier in the thread but Hamish did talk about this during his stream yesterday.

Short and curlies, "a developer is preparing a comprehensive response to the article. "

So Ill wait out for that before I comment any further on this.

Cheers
    CC123

milonz42's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by SStoj Go to original post
    There are only two noteworthy spammers in chat. The English IlllILlILILILIL guy and the Chinese l-_.9ILLILILIILXXX guy. Both of their names can easily be seen if you click the "Maximise Chat" button. They'll keep spamming messages, but since their message is the same length, the name stays in the same spot.

As for the votekicking, I don't mean kicking from groups in missions. I mean kicking from the server in the Darkzone, even if they're not in your group.
    Ok, my mistake.
    But the idea, as i've (mis)understood it, was quite terrific =D

Yes, so I can confirm we are in the process of making a comprehensive communication regarding this. Obviously due to technical details etc it'll take a short while for us to put it together

xX_Cyanide_Xx's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by MaxRocketansky Go to original post
    Easy to detect if it was lag or not. It is all about adjustments, logs and distinct reports per time, like 10 reports from 10 different players for example.
    It can even be manually checked, but reports will be sended automatically WITH LOGS!

And checking if to send report is client side not server side. Your client is checking other nerby players game clients.
    No. It's not as simple as you make it sound. They have absolutely NO infrastructure to handle the extra data or parse it for integrity. Bottom line is that they went with the server-client model that they did to save money; and you think they're going to shell out extra to add the necessary infrastructure after the fact to fix it?

The best they can do (without a complete overhaul of infrastructure) is a perpetual "tail chase" of adding in some type of "plug in" type anti-cheat software (punkbuster as an example) which is easily bypassed. If they had bothered to design their infrastructure properly in the first place, it would have made cheating a lot more difficult to do and a lot easier to catch. Instead, we find ourselves where we are now: their game client has almost been completely reverse engineered; hacking is out of control and they're rapidly bleeding their PC player base (it's already up to a 58% loss http://steamcharts.com/app/365590).

It's going to create a huge headache for them that will constantly need to be maintained; updated and checked to see if it's even working; not to mention the financials associated with it. In the end - they'll decide if it's really worth it, and may just end up throwing in something that's not really effective (just so they can say - "hey we have an anti-cheat system").

Bottom line - no matter what they decide to do.. until I start seeing massive ban waves and some serious effort being made to improve the game, I'm done - as are a lot of other players. The damage has already been done. The truth is out publicly; I feel they're still stringing us along; and now it's all about damage control with what's left.

NitroHNR's Avatar Member
    I might even buy a *shivers* console *splutter cough* because of this.............................................. .....why me?!?!?!

xX_Cyanide_Xx's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by NitroHNR Go to original post
    I might even buy a *shivers* console *splutter cough* because of this.............................................. .....why me?!?!?!
    Right in the feels.... lol It's honestly sad - because I thoroughly enjoyed the game, right up until I started encountering hackers in the DZ. It's been a nightmare ever since.