it could be the solo at the end of "too much is not enough"

Steamroller52's Avatar Senior Member
    Lots of cool sounding bands being mentioned so far, but as far as the songs mentioned, none of them seem to match up with Dan's screen shots. Stringing the screen shots together it looks like the solo is of a decent length, like maybe 30-45 seconds, and it seems to start about 2/3 of the way through the song. Not a lot of note density either, so it looks like a nice straightforward blues based solo...regardless of who this is I'm down for it.

thequickmind's Avatar Senior Member
    I like all of these bands too, but can't seem to place the solo either. Still stumped...

Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    This is the reason for all the arguments about DLC, because you and others read more into our comments than is really there.

We say "I've never heard of them,thus I am disappointed" we say this because a song that we don't know is obviously not one we ever wanted to learn.

We don't say they are rubbish,we say we never wanted to learn it in the first place. Counter that to the excitement we feel when the DLC is a song or artist we've wanted to learn for ten or twenty years or more. That is what we are expressing, but obviously we have to spell it out very clearly so we don't get mis-interpreted.
    That is what I am saying anyway, not speaking for anyone else.
    A newer band that I never heard of may be the greatest band to ever exist, but I am getting old, I doubt I have enough years left to learn all the songs I've already heard and want to learn let alone start adding more

PS I don't get the 'you like Clutch, Clutch like Sword, therefore you like Sword" logic at all. That defies logic actually. I'm sure someone in Clutch likes music I hate........
    I don't know exactly who Dan was referring to in that instance, but just because you don't say the DLC is rubbish because you've never heard of it doesn't mean everyone is that civil. It seems like almost every week there are people that spew garbage like "Oh wow, they must be running out of money because now they're just scraping the bottom of the barrel with stuff no one could've possibly wanted or requested," even if a band that's clearly popular by any objective metric. I've long since gotten sick of it, because it goes well beyond saying you're not interested in DLC, it's literally saying to anyone that does request or buy the DLC that they're essentially worthless human beings in your eyes (I wish I was exaggerating, but I've seen actually explicitly taken about that far). Fortunately it doesn't really get that bad here in the forums (though calling all of this year's DLC "no-name" is pretty bad), but Dan (and Toy for that matter) have to put up with more outlets than just the forums.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    this is how I heard Rival Sons

They also did a three song live set that Guitar Hero made into a premium show

For me it was GHL, RBN and a discussion on the RB forums about newer artists that have a style that sounds like artists who will never appear in music games (for Rival Sons, that artist is Led Zeppelin). Here's the RBN song:

I found about them thru a podcast a comedian named Dean Delray does.

He has some cool guests there and some great stories on 80's L.A., kind of GnR, LA Guns, stuff.

This is the reason for all the arguments about DLC, because you and others read more into our comments than is really there.

We say "I've never heard of them,thus I am disappointed" we say this because a song that we don't know is obviously not one we ever wanted to learn.

We don't say they are rubbish,we say we never wanted to learn it in the first place.
    Originally Posted by oldgeezer99 Go to original post
    I don't know, but I hope it's a well-known top band. 2016 has been disappointing so far, I've hardly bought any recent DLC because it's so bad, from no-name bands.

Hope there's a bright future ahead for DLC this year.
    You're right. There clearly wasn't ANY negative sentiment in that post about the bands used for DLC so far. "Bad" and "rubbish" have entirely different meanings. How could we possibly have read so much into that?

Counter that to the excitement we feel when the DLC is a song or artist we've wanted to learn for ten or twenty years or more. That is what we are expressing, but obviously we have to spell it out very clearly so we don't get mis-interpreted.
    That is what I am saying anyway, not speaking for anyone else.
    A newer band that I never heard of may be the greatest band to ever exist, but I am getting old, I doubt I have enough years left to learn all the songs I've already heard and want to learn let alone start adding more

PS I don't get the 'you like Clutch, Clutch like Sword, therefore you like Sword" logic at all. That defies logic actually. I'm sure someone in Clutch likes music I hate........
    The counter to that argument is simple. If they're a song you REALLY have wanted to learn for ten to twenty years, you'd have picked up your guitar and given it a try without Rocksmith. The lack of effort suggests your interest isn't as strong as you claim. With that being a tad disingenuous, it becomes excessive to weekly state you're disappointed. If you're truly THAT disappointed, you need to re-evaluate your expectations. They're out of control.

I buy some DLC. I skip others. I don't believe there's anyone in the world with the same DLC purchases I have, exactly. I don't expect any of you to care about the bands I don't pick up. What's the value in throwing a weekly tantrum about the band selected?

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Not CoC. Not Rival Sons.

But the band has been mentioned in this thread, so...play those notetracks again, I guess.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Not CoC. Not Rival Sons.

But the band has been mentioned in this thread, so...play those notetracks again, I guess.

zaxcv4321's Avatar Senior Member
    Sounds Red Fang-ish, but I can't place the name of the song.