Originally Posted by thequickmind Go to original post
    It could be also be Down. This has a blues/southern rock vibe to it, which would fit either Corrosion of Conformity or Down. I'm pretty sure Clutch are also fans of Down. Stone the Crow would be awesome. Either band would be great.
    I must admit, I thought Stone the Crow style when I first saw the pics.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Nobody's gotten the artist or title yet.

If you don't recognize it, that's fine -- nobody knows everything, especially the bands that are still coming up. But the fun part is you get to say "Oh yeah, I know them" before all your friends do. (I've never been a fan of the "If I don't recognize them, they must be terrible" attitude -- how the heck do you find new music that inspires you?)

Do you like Clutch?

It's not Clutch.

But these guys like Clutch. And Clutch likes them.

I'm off the clock and intend to stay that way, so enjoy your weekend regardless.
    Reading comprehension people. Think social media ie: Facebook. Clutch likes the Sword and the Sword likes Clutch. The Sword would be epic DLC in addition to some of the other bands guessed in this thread.

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    (I've never been a fan of the "If I don't recognize them, they must be terrible" attitude --.
    This is the reason for all the arguments about DLC, because you and others read more into our comments than is really there.

We say "I've never heard of them,thus I am disappointed" we say this because a song that we don't know is obviously not one we ever wanted to learn.

We don't say they are rubbish,we say we never wanted to learn it in the first place. Counter that to the excitement we feel when the DLC is a song or artist we've wanted to learn for ten or twenty years or more. That is what we are expressing, but obviously we have to spell it out very clearly so we don't get mis-interpreted.
    That is what I am saying anyway, not speaking for anyone else.
    A newer band that I never heard of may be the greatest band to ever exist, but I am getting old, I doubt I have enough years left to learn all the songs I've already heard and want to learn let alone start adding more

PS I don't get the 'you like Clutch, Clutch like Sword, therefore you like Sword" logic at all. That defies logic actually. I'm sure someone in Clutch likes music I hate........

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    No. Dan is right. There's tons of new Nirvanas out there. We just don't know about them yet. This makes far more sense than bands being unknown because they're just not very good/exciting.

b_lex's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by LoftyTulip14 Go to original post

Minute 2:47 , the start of the solo and the Orange cabs
    I think & hope you are right, seems to match up. I cam hear parts of the solo fitting with Dan's tab when I try and play along with the vid (playing it in standard tuning, but I think it could be e flat). The guitarist also seems to be playing in the same position as shown in the clue tab. I would 100% be behind a pack from Rival Sons. An example of a band that I only know because of radio play, would probably never think to request anything, but would certainly enjoy if it came along as dlc (as has been the case many times before). Some tasty bass in the few songs I know.

Note the Orange gear in Keep On Swinging

Edit: I can't find the "Like" connection, other than the fact that both Clutch and Rival Songs like Orange. But Dan's last post still seems to read as if it is a fairly new band, or a band that is up and coming, one that you may or may not recognize. Rival Sons formed in 2009 and I've only had exposure to them in the last 2 years at most. Ahh well, will know soon enough.

I've never heard of Rival Sons before, but am diggin' the videos posted. I kinda get a Jack White vibe mixed in with a touch of Robert Plant...

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    I haven't heard of Rival Sons either, but I think I'd be up for that. I'm not too keen on the vocals, but the guitar sounds the right kind of dirty.

Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    This is the reason for all the arguments about DLC, because you and others read more into our comments than is really there.

We say "I've never heard of them,thus I am disappointed" we say this because a song that we don't know is obviously not one we ever wanted to learn.

We don't say they are rubbish,we say we never wanted to learn it in the first place. Counter that to the excitement we feel when the DLC is a song or artist we've wanted to learn for ten or twenty years or more. That is what we are expressing, but obviously we have to spell it out very clearly so we don't get mis-interpreted.
    That is what I am saying anyway, not speaking for anyone else.
    A newer band that I never heard of may be the greatest band to ever exist, but I am getting old, I doubt I have enough years left to learn all the songs I've already heard and want to learn let alone start adding more

PS I don't get the 'you like Clutch, Clutch like Sword, therefore you like Sword" logic at all. That defies logic actually. I'm sure someone in Clutch likes music I hate........
    You are way overthinking this. "Likes" is a social media thing. If you go to Clutch's Facebook page and look at who they "Like", one of the bands they "Like" is The Sword. If you go to The Sword's Facebook page and look at who they "Like", son of a gun if they don't "Like" Clutch. Maybe it's a coincidence but maybe it's not. Without trying to start a flame war, are you not open to learning about new bands or music? How do you know whether or not you may want to learn a song from a band that you had never heard before unless you give it a listen? Youtube is your friend. You don't have to like every band but certainly a listen won't hurt. After all, if you are writing your own original music then how do you expect to get anyone to like your stuff?

Back on track, if it is the Sword, the new album High Country is Eb and everything else is C if that helps.

Originally Posted by kingratt Go to original post
    You are way overthinking this. "Likes" is a social media thing. If you go to Clutch's Facebook page and look at who they "Like", one of the bands they "Like" is The Sword. If you go to The Sword's Facebook page and look at who they "Like", son of a gun if they don't "Like" Clutch. Maybe it's a coincidence but maybe it's not. Without trying to start a flame war, are you not open to learning about new bands or music? How do you know whether or not you may want to learn a song from a band that you had never heard before unless you give it a listen? Youtube is your friend. You don't have to like every band but certainly a listen won't hurt. After all, if you are writing your own original music then how do you expect to get anyone to like your stuff?

Back on track, if it is the Sword, the new album High Country is Eb and everything else is C if that helps.
    clutch 'like' graveyard as well who also use orange amps..

they would be an amazing addition to the library.

thequickmind's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by thealphajerk_ Go to original post
    clutch 'like' graveyard as well who also use orange amps..

they would be an amazing addition to the library.
    I was about to say that it could also be Graveyard, which would indeed be an amazing addition to the library.