Originally Posted by Merphee Go to original post
    So you're telling me "/report" doesn't do anything?
    It does not appear to. On the off chance you manage to see the hackers name long enough to get the correct spelling (not always easy as a previous poster pointed out), entering the "/Report PlayerName" command gives no response at all, no indication this is even a valid command let alone any confirmation your report was successfully submitted.

I have reported 4 or so obvious hackers since /Report was added to the game (REALLY obvious - teleporting/infinite ammo/shooting through walls & objects etc) using this method, as did my group-mates who also got ganked. I have seen at least 2 of the hackers still hacking a few days after they were reported.

I think some bans have come from submitting video footage... apparently its your responsibility to stop hackers, using video evidence, not Ubi's or Massives responsibility to follow up on complaints with an actual investigation of the hackers account. This seems to be the only way to truly report someone. But unless you happen to be one of the <5% that has shadowplay/screencap enabled 24/7, you're likely never going to be able to effect a ban.

But enjoy your extra 2 hours of server maintenance downtime this week so they can throw all their resources at stopping minor glitches employed by solo players. Cos that's way more important, obviously.

Originally Posted by Silencer2079 Go to original post
    It does not appear to. On the off chance you manage to see the hackers name long enough to get the correct spelling (not always easy as a previous poster pointed out), entering the "/Report PlayerName" command gives no response at all, no indication this is even a valid command let alone any confirmation your report was successfully submitted.

I have reported 4 or so obvious hackers since /Report was added to the game (REALLY obvious - teleporting/infinite ammo/shooting through walls & objects etc) using this method, as did my group-mates who also got ganked. I have seen at least 2 of the hackers still hacking a few days after they were reported.

I think some bans have come from submitting video footage... apparently its your responsibility to stop hackers, using video evidence, not Ubi's or Massives responsibility to follow up on complaints with an actual investigation of the hackers account. This seems to be the only way to truly report someone. But unless you happen to be one of the <5% that has shadowplay/screencap enabled 24/7, you're likely never going to be able to effect a ban.

But enjoy your extra 2 hours of server maintenance downtime this week so they can throw all their resources at stopping minor glitches employed by solo players. Cos that's way more important, obviously.
    I would not call them minor glitches, more like gameplay and game economy breaking.

Ubisoft and Massive is very serious about hackers.

They minimized the security to ensure hacker become comfortable.

The forum seems to have more security then the games.

Originally Posted by Merphee Go to original post
    So you're telling me "/report" doesn't do anything?
    Report function via game chat does work, ie. your report will be acknowledged by Massive/Ubisoft support team. I used it multiple times and you get an email from support team confirming submission of your ticket. You wont get anymore information than that. Those notification contains statement that they will not inform you about results of their investigation due to security reasons.

Some of my tickets reporting hackers via forums were already closed, took them roughly 2 weeks from submission, with an email notifying me about their closure.

You are not able to verify if any bans happen related to your submissions but developers claim they are banning people. Believe it or not, your choice. I took upon myself to report every cheater where I'm sure it was cheating--teleporters, RoF hacks and wallhack are easy to spot and should not be confused with legit gear/skill discrepancy. Reporting cheater is my contribution to game's community, it is the least thing I can do.

Frandlies's Avatar Member
    I've seen hackers with the name l1l1l1l1lili1li1lil. How do you report something like that? I've also noticed a bug where your displayed name is different from your actual name.

I confirm that reporting cheaters/hackers is not working.
    I reported a player going throught buildings and turning us into rogues.
    According to Ubi Soft it is not a valid reasons.

I encountered several other hackers and I did not bother reporting them anymore.

Originally Posted by RA0ZA Go to original post
    I dont really think these hackers care if they get 3 day suspended. Why not right? Ubisoft needs to be more harsh and just perma ban or reset this kids account. The DZ is not worth farming anymore.

The best gear are found in the DZ? Oh cool let me go farm there o snap what was that i got shot once that dude must me level 1MIL!!!

[-/url] <<< got my first successful supply drop!! NOT!!!
    LOL enjoy your infraction I have 2 for naming and shaming but somehow i'm the bad guy for reporting blatant cheaters

Den_Chief's Avatar Member
    .report like this http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ting-a-cheater and they do something about it ............... well did report several guys and saw them running around doing the same 1 day later, 2 days later , 3 days later almost over a course of 2 weeks i saw them minimum once or 2 times a day nothing happend yesterday we saw another guy teleporting around like hell one friend recorded this video [-] , I dont care if his name can be seen they should make all cheating noobs names public anyway **** their privacy

I have reported hackers, uploaded my videos, made a support ticket, used the chat online support.

My videos in my channel have zero views. they arent reviewing the videos, they arent banning hackers. they arent punishing hackers.

Hard to say. They don't give feedback on bans, but that's not surprising. I reported 7 cheaters about 20 minutes ago.