🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Confirmed: Scavenging 100% useless.

The chance for a third item is from chests is 10%, unaffected by anything. The chances for the quality of material are hardcoded and do not take any factor into account.

Scavening is, by design and coding, not affecting material chests, at all. Scavenging affects ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY the chances for unnamed mobs to drop better ****. It does not affect ANY material crates, bosses or mission rewards. So, if you want more blues/purples from the random kills you do, equip scavenging.

Source: datamined files; https://bitbucket.org/nagaiki/division-general/src/

Datamined from where since it seems to be poorly written.

The source files are public now and a few people datamined them and posted everything from the dailies from now til August, all things every enemy drops and how skills work and fake buffs like scavenging.

"Negasonic teenage.. what the s**t? that's the coolest name ever"

The only thing surprising from this is that it supposedly doesnt have influence on bosses or material crates.

Originally Posted by Logiwreck Go to original post
    The only thing surprising from this is that it supposedly doesnt have influence on bosses or material crates.
    So why use it at all? All these people running around with 200% scav. They wasted all their slots for a useless trait.

Also may want to ditch the Nomad gear.....

Originally Posted by NegasonicRipley Go to original post
    So why use it at all? All these people running around with 200% scav. They wasted all their slots for a useless trait.
    From personal experiment

I always told my group that I run with that I felt Scav only affected the attributes of drop and not the rarity rating of drop itself.

Run through a mission with 0 scav and redo it with 200+ and youll see exactly what this says will happen....more random drops.

2 peices of nomad gear + a mask and knee pads they were probably already using isnt a huge waste of slots. Now i would agree that if they re cal'd for scavenging you could argue that it was waste.

Edit: Arent people carrying multiple self made gear sets? IE I have a set of gear i use for Missions vs Mat farming vs Dz play?

Might it affect how often enemies drop ammo?
    Nomad is supposed to be for solo players, and that could be sort of beneficial.

looking at the daily mission schedule its no wonder the dailies are the same. bad example of copy and paste me thinks.
    its because they are. every 3 days according to the schedule.

the embassy, macys and power plant are going to be the daily missions until the 23rd when they switch to madison square garden, the train yard (hudson camp?) and the lincoln tunnel? (by the looks).
    after that, 26th april, its embassy, and maybe roof top relay? on hard, and the lexington center challenging, at which point the daily missions look like they are actually different on a daily basis.

thats just what it looks like from what i can tell.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►