🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Crew forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    ceekay.sickart's Avatar Senior Member

The camera mode news

The full news post can be found here: http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/e...m:148-76770-32

I read it and somehow I don't feel too well about it.

It doesn't tell anything about being a replay-based tool [it actually says that it is not a recording tool] which means that I have to drive the car AND switch cameras while driving.

Technically, this is just an advanced camera tool. We won't be able to drive on a path then switch the cameras and get good angles.

We will have to ask people to drive around so that we could film them.

Even though this is good news, I'm already disappointed.

You have to keep in mind that The Crew doesn't quite have the same budget and development resources as GTA... And making a full blown video editing tool is the kind of luxury that only companies like rockstar can afford.

I don't think the crew's camera mode is meant to be as accessible as photo mode, but only to help some really dedicated people make even better content (the kind of people who already make awesome videos without any special tool).

BlackLotusLV's Avatar Volunteer Moderator
    I was hoping we would get something to make something like this

But no ghost recording, no replay editor... oh well.

Man, sometimes a knife opens in my pocket when I look at threads like this one. Let's be clear, I do respect you and your opinions ceekay, but how in the world can you judge a free addition like that before it even came out? Not to tell you that this camera mode probably took them quite some time to make. Just like the other guy said, The Crew does not have a huge budget. Keep in mind that creating such an advanced tool as GTA has wouldn't be an easy task since TC has some technical boundries (netcode, no single player, p2p connection). Now, I'm no expert, so I might be somewhat wrong. But it all comes down to my observations over the years of unfinished products and kickstarter failures.

So, I think that you shouldn't be disapointed at all. Frankly, you should be... hmm, thankful? That tool will certainly help a whole bunch of peeps with their vids and I can already see all those no-name YT channels ****ting out their content with some super awesome mlg shots and terrible music in background.

Also, if you are too lazy to get a friend to help you with shooting, then you most probably won't do any vids either way. Hell, if you want I can help you. But first you would have to help me, since my Uplay has been broken for the last 2 weeks and I don't fancy downloading everything again with a lightning speed of 100kb/s.

See you on the road!

Originally Posted by Aleks0waty Go to original post
    Man, sometimes a knife opens in my pocket when I look at threads like this one. Let's be clear, I do respect you and your opinions ceekay, but how in the world can you judge a free addition like that before it even came out? Not to tell you that this camera mode probably took them quite some time to make. Just like the other guy said, The Crew does not have a huge budget. Keep in mind that creating such an advanced tool as GTA has wouldn't be an easy task since TC has some technical boundries (netcode, no single player, p2p connection). Now, I'm no expert, so I might be somewhat wrong. But it all comes down to my observations over the years of unfinished products and kickstarter failures.

So, I think that you shouldn't be disapointed at all. Frankly, you should be... hmm, thankful? That tool will certainly help a whole bunch of peeps with their vids and I can already see all those no-name YT channels ****ting out their content with some super awesome mlg shots and terrible music in background.

Also, if you are too lazy to get a friend to help you with shooting, then you most probably won't do any vids either way. Hell, if you want I can help you. But first you would have to help me, since my Uplay has been broken for the last 2 weeks and I don't fancy downloading everything again with a lightning speed of 100kb/s.

See you on the road!
    I work in Advertising. To me this kind of text [the one written in the news] is an elusive one. It promotes something yet discovers very little. It doesn't answers most of the questions the users ask. By showing only the first tab of the camera tool [check the left top corner] we're seeing almost the same controls from the first tab in the Photo Mode. Technically, we already know what those things do.

It would've been VERY helpful if there was a little demo saying: These 30-60 seconds were shot using the camera tool WHILE in single player.

Why aren't there explained at least the camera modes available to us? Since that's the only control selected in those screens. How do the CUSTOM / EXPERT / FOCUS ON VEHICLE modes work?

Can we stick the camera to a certain position and angle and just do stuff in front of it?

Can we program the camera to, let's say, move up, focusing on the vehicle, while we go further away from it?

What's the difference between "TOGGLE UI" and "TOGGLE CAMERA MODE"?

Originally Posted by Aleks0waty Go to original post

See you on the road!
    P.S.: About Uplay. Uninstall it. Clean any temp folders. Reinstall Uplay. Tell it to locate your game files and you have to be good to go. Don't uninstall your games, though. Just Uplay.

I get it, but I didn't want to discuss the camera mode itself. Or the newswire that they gave us. I wanted to say: hey, that stuff is for free. You shouldn't be disapointed, I think that this tool is going to be very useful anyway! And I guess we'll see about that shortly.

Originally Posted by ceekay.sickart Go to original post
    P.S.: About Uplay. Uninstall it. Clean any temp folders. Reinstall Uplay. Tell it to locate your game files and you have to be good to go. Don't uninstall your games, though. Just Uplay.
    Yeah, I think that's what I'm gonna do. Too bad I'm terrible with computers, so I'll probably mess up everything ;D Thanks for the advise!

Try before you cry

I have some concerns as well. Will there be presets, so you don't get the sliders in the picture when switching views or modes. And so on.
    A full replay editor for "closed" events like time trials could be the next cool extension for photo mode.

I will give this a shot first and judge later