When I flew against, especially the I-16, AI-pilots in the early patches of FB, I noticed that it dived down and came up accelerating like it had a rocket in its back.

Ive tested it and it works very nicely especially with my favorite the La-7.

Its fantastic how it perserves its energy. It is not a great climber, but the bumpdive compensate this. It stays up in the air after a bumpdive much better than most other planes.

My trick is when I have someone on my 6,
    to reduce throttle, set up flaps, bumpdive so the oponent overshoots and than accelerate up to his 6 and shoot him down.
    I have seen many other use this trick.
    Does it works on the Yak and Lagg to?

When I flew against, especially the I-16, AI-pilots in the early patches of FB, I noticed that it dived down and came up accelerating like it had a rocket in its back.

Ive tested it and it works very nicely especially with my favorite the La-7.

Its fantastic how it perserves its energy. It is not a great climber, but the bumpdive compensate this. It stays up in the air after a bumpdive much better than most other planes.

My trick is when I have someone on my 6,
    to reduce throttle, set up flaps, bumpdive so the oponent overshoots and than accelerate up to his 6 and shoot him down.
    I have seen many other use this trick.
    Does it works on the Yak and Lagg to?

That trick wont work as often with an experienced opponent who might stay level and at an energy advantage.

IL-2 original P-39 vet soon to be P-63 vet.

CWoS FB forum. More Cheese, Less Whine.

Most follow me down in the dive, eager to get a kill and get surprised when I reduce my speed.
    Its like stopsliding in downhill skiing.

Perhaps a more exeprienced pilot whould dive out instead of trying to climb out but then he is away for some minutes