Tamed Beasts Disappear!

Hello,

I encountered the following issue after a few hours of gameplay through the new Survivor mode:

Beasts that I have already tamed suddenly disappear and I have to tame them again! They are not killed, they are just missing from my beast Menu ( B ) .

This happened twice with tamed wolves and once with a tamed white lion. I think that the lion disappeared from my tamed animals when I used grapple.

Ever happened to anyone? Any clues?

Thank you in advance!

There's a bug in the beasts' pathfinding causing them to occasionally walk off cliffs and die to fall damage.

In a normal playthrough, you hardly ever notice this, as a new version of your compadre will immediately spawn and you must pay close attention to notice your "previous" beast's ragdoll sliding down the rock that killed him.

In survivor mode, this respawn doesn't happen. The game just says "F*ck it, your beasts don't respawn in this mode" and you'll end up constantly losing your tamed beasts at random moments (because let's be honest, they fall off high ledges really, really often on their own).
    I don't see any reason for Ubisoft to have removed the instant respawn mechanic for when a beast dies to fall damage. Are they really that worried that players could potentially exploit it somehow like pushing their wolf off a cliff for a free heal?
    Because I'd say that's far better than the alternative of randomly having beasts die on the player.

I can already guarantee that players will be super pissed when their legendary Bloodfang Sabretooth or something just randomly decides to die. And that's it in survivor mode. He's dead. No bringing him back. You just lost one of the powerful beasts in the game to a super frequent bug.

They definitely ought to fix this one.

Since the original post I had to withdraw my beasts every time I was about to use grapple, or light a bonfire, and call them back again after I had successfully finished doing that.

Until today.

Standing in front of a Bonfire, ready to claim it, all enemies dead. The Bloodfang Sabretooth is right next to me.

I set fire to the Bonfire, the owl flies happily and suddenly the Bloodfang Sabretooth is DEAD. Forever!

Thank you Ubisoft!

It's not even fall damage that kills them. They certainly die when they fall, no doubt, but they're dead before they ever hit the ground. I've seen it happen right in front of me now several times.

From a previous post of mine:

Beasts seem to suicide, with no chance to save them, in several circumstances that I've observed:

1) Beast stuck on a ledge such that it can't find the path down. This is the most common one.

2) Beast stuck in geometry - I watched my beast suicide once when it got caught at an odd angle between the ground and rocky overhang. When that happened I summoned another beast to replace it, and that one immediately died too by spawning in the exact same spot that the first one died...

3) Another animal physically pushes it against a ledge - I watched a brown bear push my cave lion against a ledge once, killing the lion instantly; it wasn't from an attack - the bear was just running towards the lion and physically pushed the lion to where it didn't have enough room to 'path', so it just died - no chance to resuscitate.

4) Beast falls into water, or follows you into the water, and drowns.

To minimize the problem, I've learned to dismiss my beast anytime I want to go somewhere that will be somewhat difficult for the beast to follow. This means you should dismiss your beast anytime you want to grapple, swim, or slide down a hill. Then recall your beast once you're firmly on open ground again. Alternatively, if you're going to quickly return to the spot where you left your beast, just make sure to command it to halt rather than dismiss it - I do this often if I just want to grab something out of the water real quick.

I really hope they fix this. In my opinion, this is the biggest issue currently facing people who play on permadeath (it's right up there with not being able to skip the tutorial and vision missions).

Bloodfang dead!

Same here.

Playing in survivor mode and I use the Bloodfang from time to time to scare away unwanted predators.

I called him from the beast menu and he didnt pitch up so I checked the menu again and found he was marked "DEAD".

I looked around and found him in a pond as if he drowned, not really so immersive anymore.

Bring me back my bloodfang!

Originally Posted by kptcaprivi Go to original post
    Same here.

Playing in survivor mode and I use the Bloodfang from time to time to scare away unwanted predators.

I called him from the beast menu and he didnt pitch up so I checked the menu again and found he was marked "DEAD".

I looked around and found him in a pond as if he drowned, not really so immersive anymore.

Bring me back my bloodfang!
    YES PLEASE! My Bloodfang died randomly and now its lost forever...
    PLEASE UBI Survivor mode is AWESOME and right what the game needed but this is BIG nono! PLEASE FIX IT!
    I need my Bloodfang to take down Big Darwa Camp...

anyone knows a console command or something to spawn beasts back?

Both times i managed to tame a sabercat this happened, and both times were within 10 minutes of taming. With the inclusion of survival mode this is a serious issue. This may not be the case for others, but on survival expert sabercats are NOT easy to get and damn terrifying. It's very disheartening and immersion breaking when my pet just disappears. The first time i actually witnessed it happen. The sabercat started moving frantically like it was glitching into the ground, then fell through and the icon disappeared, also the ability to call him back from the beast menu.

This has only happened to my two sabercats and is making me not want to even try the legendary hunts if my hard earned beasts can/will just glitch and be gone forever. This needs addressed.

UbiSeraphim's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA
    Hello FearAIice and everyone else, welcome to the Ubisoft forums!

Can you please try fast traveling away from the location, then fast-traveling back and see if the beast remains dead? If it persists after that, please reach out to our technical team at https://support.ubi.com by clicking on "Contact Customer Support". Our team should be able to investigate this for you.

Sooo... has this been fixed or did Ubisoft just not bother?