Originally Posted by Vecco34 Go to original post
    Extreme "Play With Me.. song with Lyrics\

I'm generally not a fan of 80's music and I've never heard of these guys before but the guitar work in this song is amazing especially the solo, I look forward to trying to play it.

ZagatoZee's Avatar Member
    Play With Me makes 2 songs I've requested that have been made into dlc (Zombie was the other).

Very happy to see this make it, hopefully some of the other semi obscure stuff has had plenty of other votes as well and are somewhere in the pipeline.

Even if it'll take me years to be able to properly play this one.

Hey! I know that guitarist. He's the guy that was playing guitar for Rihanna on tour!

I'll never be able to play this song, but I'll buy it in support of more hair band artists/songs. I'd love to see another Poison song in this pack...

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by LoftyTulip14 Go to original post
    Man, they were so breakthru back then.
    They are still making interesting music today, too. I recommend their 2009 album, The Chair in the Doorway. 2003's Colliedoscope was dark and challenging, a clear post-9/11 statement from an already often angry New York City band, but they were also getting back together after an extended hiatus, and it strikes me as a bit uneven and I haven't returned to it.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by LoftyTulip14 Go to original post
    Man, they were so breakthru back then.
    They are still making interesting music today, too. I recommend their 2009 album, The Chair in the Doorway. 2003's Colliedoscope was dark and challenging, a clear post-9/11 statement from an already often angry New York City band, but they were also getting back together after an extended hiatus, and it strikes me as a bit uneven and I haven't returned to it.

thequickmind's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    I love Living Colour so very much.
    Me too. They're such a great band. I hope to see them in the game again someday.

Really excited about the Extreme song. Looks crazy, almost impossible, but also wildly fun.

Here are some of my completely random guesses:

Toto -- Africa
    The Knack -- Another Lousy Day in Paradise
    Knight Ranger -- Sister Christian
    Poison -- Talk Dirty to Me
    Tears for Fears -- Everybody Wants to Rule the World or Shout
    The Police -- Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
    Dead or Alive -- You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
    Blondie -- Atomic
    King’s X -- Over My Head
    Dexy’s Midnight Runners -- Come On Eileen
    Echo and the Bunnymen -- The Killing Moon

AlloysiusGrunt's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    I love Living Colour so very much.
    Saw them on the Stain tour in a small venue, Bad Brains opening. Just an open floor with the bands on risers. The only limit on how close you could get to the band was how close you were willing to get to the moshers right in front of them. Amazing performance. The energy they attacked their set with was unbelievable.

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    there was so much crap in the 80s, unless you grew up in the 80s, then you would love the 80s.like we all love the music of our youth regardless of quality.

But,the best part of the 80s was....metal, thrash metal, hair metal,whatever label you put on it,thank goodness for some guitars amongst the cheesy keyboard disco driven decade of slush.

I remember reading about this Nuno bloke in guitar magazines (no internet back then kiddies) but it's taken til now for me to hear him, wow ! I love awesome players who look bored, no histrionics, like Mick Taylor.

A bit worried about the other two songs seeing as they aren't metal........could be really bad hehe

Play with me is cool. I want more Extreme. "Money" or "When I'm president" are some of my faves and feature Nunos amazing funk meets metal rhythm playing.Extreme always got a bum shake as they are far more than a "80's metal " label. People that lump them in that category, to me, have NO understanding of how incredible Nunos playing is.

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    If anyone wants to get a head start on the solo, here's Zoupa's vid:

It's above my pay grade

Never heard of them, and it isn't really my kind of metal/music, but I have nearly null songs in this style. And it looks really fun to learn! Which, coincidental, is what I use rocksmith for!

I'm very happy with these difficult songs you are throwing out these days! You've helped me grow from complete n00b 'till intermediate. And you are still giving me even more material to grow on. Thanks for giving us such a wide range of DLCs. Naturally, I skip most of them, but I'm usually very happy with does I do buy