BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by kevberg Go to original post

@bazzTard61

"inspirational"?

How about FUN or Challenging
    Speak for yourself but don't tell me whats inspirational.

I DID speak for myself, I don't speak for anyone else, carry on

infocat1's Avatar Senior Member
    Cool! I believe I requested that Devo song.

Only tangentially related, but "The two tracks "Waitin' for the Bus" and "Jesus Just Left Chicago" segue into each other, but not by design: the album's engineer was splicing tape and cut too much, so a song in 4/4 time and one in 6/8 time ended up on the album without any gap between them." (From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tres_Hombres) So don't be expecting to see those two combined if we ever get some ZZ Top.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Play With Me is in Eb Standard btw

Originally Posted by ZagatoZee Go to original post
    Not being a fan of JP, I'm not really sure what the pieces of music being discussed are, but I imagine it's something akin to any licensing hassles that may be faced if a certain track I do want to see in the game, was attempted.

He-Man Woman Hater, by Extreme.

On the CD, it includes the "Flight of the Wounded Bumblebee" intro and the song as one "track". It is frequently played as an intro to He-Man live - but could easily be seen by anyone (not just a record exec looking to increase the $$$) as 2 separate compositions, requiring 2 separate licencing fees, should Rocksmith attempt to get it into the game.

For the record, I personally wouldn't have any issues paying $6 in order to have both tracks, even if one of them is only about 90 seconds. (90 seconds of Nuno @200bpm is still way more than enough notes to learn, never mind notetrack!), I could however see how some other fans may be upset if FOTWBB was left out of a pack and He-Man Woman Hater was released.
    There's 2 types of songs which flow directly into others, ones which are listed as multiple songs on the album and ones which are only listed as 1 song on the album. The Hellion/Electric Eye fits into the first category as the album (Screaming For Vengeance) listing has:
    1. The Hellion
    2. Electric Eye
    3. Riding on the Wind
    4. Bloodstone
    5. (Take These) Chains
    6. Pain and Pleasure
    7. Screaming For Vengeance
    8. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
    9. Fever
    10. Devil's Child

Meanwhile Boston's Foreplay/Long Time is of the 2nd type, the self titled Boston album is:
    1. More Than A Feeling
    2. Peace of Mind
    3. Foreplay/Long Time
    4. Rock & Roll Band
    5. Smokin'
    6. Hitch A Ride
    7. Something About You
    8. Let Me Take You Home Tonight

This difference combined with Dan's explanation shows why certain DLC songs have the intro/outro song while others don't. As for your example, it would be the 2nd type like Foreplay/Long Time.

I wouldn't expect Dreamer Deceiver and Deceiver to be one song in RS. Ditto for Epitaph and Island of Domination.

And I wouldn't expect a song by the ramones to be cheaper than a song from maiden just because it's shorter and easier.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by dallasdave22 Go to original post
    I wouldn't expect Dreamer Deceiver and Deceiver to be one song in RS.
    I wouldn't either since those songs are 5:53 and 2:47 long, respectively, have their own verse/chorus structure both musically and lyrically, etc. IOW, they are 2 songs.

In the case of The Hellion, it's a :40 intro comprised of about 20 notes that repeat a few times and bleed into the start of the song.

Obviously our expectations are irrelevant in this case, however, except to explain why some of us are disappointed that we won't get to hear/play this iconic song the way we are used to.

zaxcv4321's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by dallasdave22 Go to original post
    I wouldn't expect Dreamer Deceiver and Deceiver to be one song in RS. Ditto for Epitaph and Island of Domination.
    I just looked those up gave those a listen: they are awesome.

Originally Posted by zaxcv4321 Go to original post
    I just looked those up gave those a listen: they are awesome.
    Aren't they though? What an album! Check out "Victim of Changes" as well.

flynlion's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by infocat1 Go to original post
    Aren't they though? What an album! Check out "Victim of Changes" as well.
    I just gave these a try, not for me. When I saw InfoCat's recommendation I was kinda hoping for something Proggier