Serious question - How do they tell those that exploit apart from those that don't?

every one here is talking about 'BAN DEM ALL!' with out realizing that there is next to nothing which really identifies who exploits verses those that do not.

Originally Posted by ShadowGearX Go to original post
    Dude, the hackers were already god mod in the DZ. DZ was broken long before this glitch was discovered. Regardless, the new Incursion is a joke. Yeah the sets give you talents but the average person can't afford them. Plus its the luck of the draw if you get matching pieces. I got 2 different pieces and even they the GR was higher, the stats and talents on them sucked. My lower GR yellows were far superior.
    Ive seen more exploiters then Hackers hands down.

Originally Posted by PyroPaul Go to original post
    Serious question - How do they tell those that exploit apart from those that don't?

every one here is talking about 'BAN DEM ALL!' with out realizing that there is next to nothing which really identifies who exploits verses those that do not.
    They know. lol They have metrics. If the bans go out though you can bet your *** itll be a lonely place since apparently everyone is doing it. Ill just keep farming the legit way though. ive got time... it just unfortunate I cant enjoy the DZ anymore.

We are working on fixing the exploit. Obviously it is against our Code of Conduct and the team is looking into what can be done in terms of punishment for those who have exploited.

If you want to review our Code of Conduct: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ode-of-Conduct

A while back I decided to test this "everyone has an edge" BS. And ... it's just BS. No, I do not condone glitch exploiting, but ... I took 2 alts, leveled them up, and they are doing just fine. As an experiment I have one of them limited - I refuse to let him get any help from my main for anything. No stash, no gear, nothing. He's not allowed to even open the stash. And he is going just as okay as my first character did.

The only viable conclusion is that you are not at a disadvantage. My test alt is doing well in the DZ. He is doing well on gathering resources. He's doing fine. So really it sounds like people are just whining that they are struggling somewhere in the game and instead of being, well, a gamer and adapting to the situation and making do, they want to instead play the emo card and whine that they are the victim of everyone else because they aren't at the top of some set of numbers somewhere.

Again, I want to STRONGLY emphasize that I do not condone cheating or using glitches, but on the other side of the fence some people really need to stop playing the victim card. Stop with the excuses and just start ... well ... playing.

By now if they decide to ban the glitchers - the servers would become rather empty lol
    All night last night all i was seen in chat was "LF 160+ for chalange incursion bring mobile cover".....

One thing they can indeed do however is remove all the 240 gear and replace it whit 204 one. Anyone who have done it legit can get his gear back in no time.

Kyosji's Avatar Senior Member
    Think people are missing the key word in that line of the CoC. They MAY ban you. Some exploits will just happen. It's hard to near impossible to track down each and every player that abuses an exploit. It's also very hard to do a mass ban on a massive amount of their player base during the beginnings of their games life, as it would actually hurt their image more than save it. Also, if they were to get extremely literal and ban each and every person that has used an exploit in the game, there's a good chance nearly everyone playing would be banned. Have you ever walked behind an object and the NPCs not attack you? It's only happened once or twice to me, and was unavoidable, but an exploit is an exploit. Ban. How about that mask that kept regenning you for 2%? Welp, players had no choice in the matter, as it was something that happened without the users consent. Doesn't matter, exploit is an exploit, ban. How about transferring 10 of your friends into your DZ instance? You have to keep inviting and kicking. You're taking advantage of the system just so you can play with your friends. Doesn't matter, ban them all!

They have to but terms like "MAY" in their CoC, because ultimately, it's up to their discretion.

If people didn't glitch you wouldn't even be aware of what is bugged in your game you have the least control over your game than any studio I have ever seen it's incredible, like someone made it for you and just threw you the code one day before launching it and now you try to run after what to fix etc and while you want to punish exploiters, hackers on the other hand roam freely and as they want... This might be an overzealous response from a community manager but it would be nice to have the actual devs talking about what should be done and not done

Overtkill21's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by briljin01 Go to original post
    So in other words just let the player do what ever the hell they want and don't worry about it. Hacking, who cares if enough people are doing it right?
    Well since I've responded to a post just such as this on the previous page...

Originally Posted by Overtkill21 Go to original post
    Didn't say it was acceptable, facts rarely concern themselves with acceptability.

Originally Posted by Faelandaea Go to original post
    A while back I decided to test this "everyone has an edge" BS. And ... it's just BS. No, I do not condone glitch exploiting, but ... I took 2 alts, leveled them up, and they are doing just fine. As an experiment I have one of them limited - I refuse to let him get any help from my main for anything. No stash, no gear, nothing. He's not allowed to even open the stash. And he is going just as okay as my first character did.

The only viable conclusion is that you are not at a disadvantage. My test alt is doing well in the DZ. He is doing well on gathering resources. He's doing fine. So really it sounds like people are just whining that they are struggling somewhere in the game and instead of being, well, a gamer and adapting to the situation and making do, they want to instead play the emo card and whine that they are the victim of everyone else because they aren't at the top of some set of numbers somewhere.

Again, I want to STRONGLY emphasize that I do not condone cheating or using glitches, but on the other side of the fence some people really need to stop playing the victim card. Stop with the excuses and just start ... well ... playing.
    Totally agree people wasting too much time creating same threads over and over again , instead of doing it the correct way and move on with the Game...