🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    I have a similar problem my game opens to a black screen and then proceeds to crash soon after. Simply closes, no error code no nothing. Submitting the report in the box that pops up soon after seems to do nothing I have a 1080ti with a ryzen 1800x and a 16 gigs of ddr4. Trying to get these shields man

Random crashes

-Finally found out what kept The Division lagging and my not long enough game sessions.. I disabled G-Sync. Aww that flawless picture on 8700K (nOC) 24GB DDR4 with 1070Ti and SSD as main.. Now it just stutters and crashes every 1-50min (there is a big variety), with G-Sync I dont remember those crashes at all. After crash I see a crash report for a second and I remember I set it to "Don't show" I suspect that it still sucessfully sends crashreports since I see outwards connection was established on send .

-On eventviewer I see those errors with exact empty spots like everybody else have

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}
    and APPID
    {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

-Tried to fix that but solutions so far have not helped at all.. I hope my preorder wasnt a miss-pick.

Nerves 'aint worth it .

Peace
    Hazey

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Please see if you are using DirectX12. Please try using DirectX11.

Dx12 ->11

I cant touch the option it will automaticaly crash... dx12 is enabled and it will crash if I try to change it.

Today I found out that when I disabled snow movement by wind (Wind effect?).. I got a decent fewfps drops per hour gameplay(fluent overall) .. I played ~2h without any problems.

Will be active if anything more should happen.

Hazey

Ubi-Matcha's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for the update Hazey!
     1 people found this helpful

[Update]

-I still get some random crashes @:
    last intro cutscene when on the chopper- dialogue between F. Lau and Character,
    new location(in story) spawning (not fast travel somehow); bigger firefights (buggy shadows?- stuttering and picture froze in process, once picture got brighter and shadows disappeared before game froze),
    other crashes have occured at random wandering around the city(active loading for surroundings?).

-At least I can play normally in some point for now.. this thing got quite stable more time I play less and less crashes appear to happen..
    -Hope that some **very bad** drivers or smth wont roll out to mess things up again
    -Cant complain much no more, more missions get filled with less problems, can I get it to ZERO crashes though

In the next sidealley, kicking Riker's ***

Hazey

I've been playing the Division on Steam for months now without any issues. About 4 days ago I noticed that the game would only windowed 1676x780 @59.94Hz. and when I tried to load the game back to the settings I've been playing , 1920x1080 Hz @59 Hz the game crashes back to Steam. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but it still crashes. Help. I'm Running an ASUS ROG B350F MB with 16 Gig of Balistix Sport memory a ROG RX470 OC video card and a AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU. And a ASUS VG248 Monitor. All my other games( Battlefield, COD, Black Ops, etc.) are running fine at the 1920x1080 res. What happened ??

Ubi-RealDude's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by bugguy74 Go to original post
    I've been playing the Division on Steam for months now without any issues. About 4 days ago I noticed that the game would only windowed 1676x780 @59.94Hz. and when I tried to load the game back to the settings I've been playing , 1920x1080 Hz @59 Hz the game crashes back to Steam. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but it still crashes. Help. I'm Running an ASUS ROG B350F MB with 16 Gig of Balistix Sport memory a ROG RX470 OC video card and a AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU. And a ASUS VG248 Monitor. All my other games( Battlefield, COD, Black Ops, etc.) are running fine at the 1920x1080 res. What happened ??
    Make sure that DirectX12 is turned off, but if the problem persists, please head over to Support and they should be able to help you find a solution to this issue.

Game crashing 5 minutes into game

The division keeps crashing 5 minutes into every match I play. Just started happening during this GE. Totally unplayable. Total disappointment.

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Community Manager
    Hey War_Machine2672,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.

If the workarounds above has not worked, please create a support ticket on our website.

Be sure to attach your MSinfo and DXDiag so the team can perform a detailed investigation.

Cheers,