🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Trackmania forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Ubi-Alinoa's Avatar Super Moderator

Post your fix or workaround here!

Hi everyone,

Please use this thread to share your fix or workaround here.

Issue; can't join any online server.
    Fix found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JEC22ZZEIE
    Description:
    Hi, if you can’t join any online game on XBOX ONE, PS4 or PC,
    you need to do the following 2 things to enjoy the multiplayer:
    XBOX ONE:
    Go to: Settings - Network - Advanced settings - DNS settings - Primary DNS: 208 67 222 222
    - Secondary DNS: 4 2 2 4
    Now you're using another DNS, this can also make your ping better for every online game
    Then go to Alternate MAC address - delete
    This will delete your cache and restart your console
    After this start Trackmania Turbo and enjoy the game!!!
    This also work for PC and PS4, check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4p2o...

Are you kidding me?

I payed money for the Game and now I have to fiddle with my network settings in my router? Yeah I have to use a router so I have to change the whole shabang then and after that half of the system will not work anymore. Sorry guys, but you have to fix it, not the customer! ALL of my games are working properly only this game behaves excentric and demands other DNS-Servers. It is a closed Environment for crying out loud.

To be honest, I want my money back! This is ridiculous!

Originally Posted by meta7155 Go to original post
    Are you kidding me?

I payed money for the Game and now I have to fiddle with my network settings in my router? Yeah I have to use a router so I have to change the whole shabang then and after that half of the system will not work anymore. Sorry guys, but you have to fix it, not the customer! ALL of my games are working properly only this game behaves excentric and demands other DNS-Servers. It is a closed Environment for crying out loud.

To be honest, I want my money back! This is ridiculous!
    if the dns server changing fixes it for you, you might want to talk to your isp as it are their dns servers (if you haven't specified any other yourselve) that mess up

To clarify:
    if you don't specify any dns server anywhere (router / pc / console) you use the dns servers provided by your internet service provider (isp)
    if they have a bad dns entry (cached) in their dns servers for one of the hosts (servers) that trackmania uses it won't resolve the host to the correct ip, it probably resolves it to an older / out of date / incorrect one making it impossible to connect to the server / host in question. Nadeo can't do anything about this, but you can easily test this by manually specifying a dns server yourselve (like googles or opendns). Sometimes this fixies itselve after some time (when the dns servers updates its entries). Thats also the reason why other games don't have this problem as other games uses a diffrent host and the dns entry with your isp's dns server is up to date and resolves correctly.

here's analogy using telephone numbers:

You know the name of a person you want to call but need the number to dial it and don't have it. You then call a friend that has a list of persons and their telephone numbers he searches for the name and gives you the number associated with it. You then call the number but it won't connect the number is not being used anymore. You then call another friend who has an updated list of persons with their number, he searches for the name gives you the number again and you dial it, this time you had gotten a diffrent, correct number and the line connects.
    the dns server is like the friend (your isp dns), the host/server is like the name of the person and the telefphone number is the direct ip adres, the 2nd friend is like google / opendns

so that is an internet service provider ('s dns server) problem and nothing else.

Fixed Xbox 360 (wired) Controller on PC

Fix Xbox 360 Controller over USB on PC for Trackmania Turbo (PC) Version: 2016-04-05_16_54

Hey,

im using

• Windows 10

Problem :
    Car turn left without any button pressed/stick pushed.

My Solution
    Download custom Driver for Xbox 360 Controller. Info and Download in this LINK

Canged Settings on Page Thumbsticks for Left Thumbstick to Z Rotation / None

Then changed inGame Input Settings to new assigned analog function.

Hope this might help some of you.

Music workaround on PC

Issue: Almost anything having to do with the in-game music (this should work with any game, not just TrackMania Turbo)
    Workaround:
    1. Connect your smartphone, tablet, or MP3 player to your PC's microphone port via a 3.5mm audio cable.
    2. Adjust the settings of your PC's microphone port.
    3. Turn off the in-game music.
    4. Play your music from your smartphone, tablet, or MP3 player!