Nadeo_Cerovan's Avatar Community Developer

First information about Trackmania Turbo

Hello everyone,

First i would like to introduce myself, i'm Cerovan, the Community Manager working directly at Nadeo, the developers behind Trackmania Turbo. You'll also see on the forum "AlinoA_" who is working with me at Nadeo on community topics

Here is few information that we can disclose about Trackmania Turbo.

• Trackmania Turbo will cost 40€/$ and 30£ on PC/Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and will release at the end of November 2015
    • Trackmania Turbo feature at least a solo (including 200 tracks), local play (up to 4 players in splitscreen), a multiplayer play and a track editor
    • It will have an exclusive game mode called "Double Driver" where you have to pilot, with another player, the same car. The combination of the input of the two players will determine how the car will behave ingame.
    • The maps created by the community will be not shared through websites (but we'll give more information about how to do it later this year)
    • The management of the online servers will be handled differently in comparison of Maniaplanet on all platforms
    • There will be not multiplayer cross-platform (PC + Xbox One + PlayStation 4) play due to manufacturers policies.
    • The Trackmania Turbo maps aren't compatible with Trackmania² on Maniaplanet

Have fun and see you soon for more information!

Hi Cerovan

Will there be a classic local splitscreen available to play with friends?

Originally Posted by GMP_MaXiMuM Go to original post
    Hi Cerovan

Will there be a classic local splitscreen available to play with friends?
    You haven't read the first post haven't you?

Originally Posted by Nadeo_Cerovan Go to original post
    You haven't read the first post haven't you?
    Damn, guess I'm slightly r e t a r d e d. I actually read it (atleast I thought so) Thanks for not being rude about it though.

I'm not a rude person ^^

Maybe you are, but you don't want to loose your job

eyebo's Avatar Junior Member
    Nice summary. Thanks Cerovan!

You forgot the most important piece of info that will make this the first Trackmania game we do NOT buy:

It will require Uplay

PS: kudos on the 404 for the password reset process. Seems like the forums where programmed by the same guys that made uplay. Same level of incompetence.

Originally Posted by eyebo Go to original post
    Nice summary. Thanks Cerovan!
    You're welcome

Originally Posted by uplaysux33 Go to original post
    You forgot the most important piece of info that will make this the first Trackmania game we do NOT buy:

It will require Uplay
    I know a lot of people dislike Uplay but we'll try to have it as less intrusive as possible

Splotchie's Avatar Member
    Well at worst it's only a minor annoyance for me... Far Cry 3 needs it open to log in but I can close it entirely once the game's launching and if you can make it so it doesn't need an internet connection for each launch all the better -- I like being able to take Trackmania United and Maniaplanet with me when I go to the lake with my friends or somewhere else off the grid, cuz it's one of the few modern games I can do that with that's actually good for parties. With the new double driver mode I hope I can still do it.
    Seems that Ubi gives you guys a lot of leeway so I'm hopeful.

The really annoying thing is I had to make a second account for these forums, cuz my account as TheNightmareCat can't log in here... the email and password I use to log into my account for Far Cry 3 (the only other Uplay game that was worth buying, lol) simply don't work on here.
    I'll still be buying it under that account and if it won't let me log in with it to preorder I guess I'll wait till November to buy. It's not as if the stock can run out. :P I would really like to support you guys during development but I don't want to be forever switching accounts depending on which game I want to play. Needing uplay on top of steam is bad enough.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►