Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    The tower in PF will not have a British Accent... unless of course its on a British carrier... but the tower in the carriers in PF... should have a distinct American accent. None of that "Nahhmbah whanne.... you ahhh cleahed for lahnding". It should be more of a "Numbuh whuun uahh cleahd fo laindin.." or something similar....

Just my 2 cents.......
    and nothing against the British....

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    Sturmovik Essentials
    IMMERSION BABY!!

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    The tower in PF will not have a British Accent... unless of course its on a British carrier... but the tower in the carriers in PF... should have a distinct American accent. None of that "Nahhmbah whanne.... you ahhh cleahed for lahnding". It should be more of a "Numbuh whuun uahh cleahd fo laindin.." or something similar....

Just my 2 cents.......
    and nothing against the British....

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    Sturmovik Essentials
    IMMERSION BABY!!

Hows about

Hey'ya"ll kin come'on'down now...yawl"lls dinner reddy!!

BSS_Goat's Avatar Senior Member
    Well said lkemling I think that is perfect.

http://www.blacksheep214.com/

Patriotism is your conviction
    that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it
    --George Bernard Shaw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Bearcat99: The tower in PF will not have a British Accent... unless of course its on a British carrier... but the tower in the carriers in PF... should have a distinct American accent.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    OK. I agree...

I would like to see also Australian, Dutch along with British voice packs in game.

Anything is better than the angry German guy...nicht landung! NICHT LANDUNG!!

==================================

==================================
    Marvin in hyperlobby

Tater-SW-'s Avatar Senior Member
    I hope the American voices are, um, better.

I'm sick of "Congratulations!" over the radio---that guy sounds like the unspoken rest of that sentance is: "...I'll buy you a cappucino when we get back to the ship, then later, maybe I'll give you a back rub!"

tater

i don't mind that, what i do mind is 'good kill zbfafa' what is that bit he says. and whats with the germans?! they are hysterical(sp1)!

Yeah, whenever I'm really angry I just start quoting the German tower guy; it's so satisfying.

"HIER FLUGJAGDKONTROLLE!!!!! NEGATIV, KEIN JAEGER, BEDAUER!!!!!!!"

The other German voices are not that bad, except when they start screaming "SCHEISSE, SCHEISSE!!!!" at the top of their lungs.

When you think about it, all the nationalities' voices have some funny qualities to them. The Russians all sound like they're sleepy and don't care about what's going on. The Americans sound like robots, apart from the tower who's on loan from the RAF. Although it's satisfying to hear someone tell me "Jolly good" after I come home from a fight.

And everyone else (Hungarians, Romanians, Finnish) have serious radio interference and major pauses between what they're saying. "Number One...This is tower.............No reinforcements available......................................... ..........Sorry..."

This mysterious article appeared about a week ago in the Washington Post. When questioned about it, the EiC declined to respond. One truth prevails.