🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

i'm getting fatal error file system failure

"C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\far cry primal\bin\data_win32\engine\shaders\materialdescr iptors\material_list.txt" here's what the error message says, i had this error before was playing the game for three days and got the error again, can't play the game now.

WID992007's Avatar Senior Member
    you need to reinstall the game or run steam or Uplay depending on the version of the game you have as run as Administrator when doing so

the file you are referencing is not in that directory .. it is in a . dat or .fat file (a packed directory file)

if verifying does not fix it you will need to totally reinstall the game ..and shut off your antivirus why doing so

To verify your files if you bought the game thru Steam ..\EXIT Steam ..right click your steam icon ..select run as Administrator

to launch Steam

then go to your Steam games library

right clik on far cry 4

select properties

select local files

select verify Integrity of game cache

it takes a few min to do but its faster the redownloading your entire game , if its only a few files that were corrupt or installed incorrectly .... this in many cases will fix your problems

If you have the U play only Version of the game you can also verify your game files with U play

if you have the game via u play only here are instructions how to verify your game files thru their client
    Again its probably best to make sure you launch Uplay as RUN as Administrator when you do a file verify

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60...0000000ee85CAA
    see the bottom of the page

the bin folder is a separate folder then

data win 32 on my working install

so your error shows you have corrupted install

again launch Steam as run as administrator when you do a file verify

i have seen steam take up to 3 times of trying to get a game verified until it finally picked up that yes a game was either missing files or not correctly installed

if you installed Microsoft Windows 10 as an Upgrade from a previous operating system

see this post it may help you ..

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...1#post11441551

FAT File Recovery

These fatal errors turn out to be very costly both mentally and financially. If you want to eradicate such errors then look out for FAT file recovery Software's. If you are bit dicy with your selection you can go on with Sysinfotools FAT file recovery software. It has extensive features and can turn out to be very useful in such situations