[BUG] Recent Uplay Update casuing Xbox One Wireless Controller issues

This is extremely easy to reproduce and only happens when the UPlay client is running.

Windows 10 64 Home 10586.164
    Asus Z87-PLUS BIOS/UEFI v2103
    Intel 4670K Stock
    GTX 970SSC 362.00
    16GB 1866 RAM

If UPlay is running in the background and I connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller via the Xbox One Wifi Adapter and then hold down the Xbox Button on the controller to turn the controller off, my Logitech G500 mouse no longer works. Left and right click no longer works, and the mouse slowly moves across the screen as my speakers play back a "morse code" sound. Similar to an old PC Speaker. Disconnecting the mouse and plugging it back in does not fix it. The mouse no longer lights up and doesn't respond.

Upon shutting down the PC and turning it back on, everything works perfectly. But as soon as I open up UPlay and repeat the above process, this happens again.

Thinking It may be an issue on my end, I clean booted the PC and proceeded to connect and disconnect the controller dozens of times with each application open (Such as Steam, GOG Galaxy, Origin, Logitech's Gaming Software, Chrome etc) closing them once finished.

As soon as UPlay was opened and I connected and disconnected the Controller, boom, mouse is dead. Anything I unplug from any USB port and reconnect is also dead.

I've spent hours troubleshooting this and it ONLY HAPPENS when UPlay is OPEN

Controller has the latest Firmware.

Not entirely sure if you need DXDIAGs or MSINFOs or where to send them but I can provide if necessary (Found the Email)

EDIT-

Tried on another PC in the house, an HP H8-1260T running Windows 10 Home 64 as well. This system did not have Uplay or the Wifi Adapter installed on it. Plugged the controller in, everything worked. Disconnected Controller by holding the Xbox Button, no problem. Installed Uplay, Connected and disconnected the controller, EXACT SAME ISSUE.

EDIT 2-

Ive seen quite a few post claiming its an issue with one of the latest Windows 10 updates, but I used my controller for around 18 hours yesterday playing Rocket League on Steam and no problems. As soon as I launch UPlay, problem. Not saying this isn't a Microsoft problem, but I find it kind of odd this only happens on both my PCs when UPlay is running and many of those saying they've had the issue were playing The Division..

EDIT 3-

It would appear Microsoft is finally aware of this issue and is fixing it in the next fast ring insider build. Hard to say how long those of us not in the Insider Program will have to wait for the next build -.- (EDIT - Probably around June since Microsoft is all "Windows is a service", blah blah, new build every 6 months, blah blah, death to service packs even though builds may as well be the same thing, blah blah bleh)

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...pc-and-mobile/

Edit 4-

It would appear Microsoft has finally fixed this in Windows Build 10586.218

Windows 10 reddit qoute https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...and_kb3147461/

[–]QuillOmega0 5 points 1 day ago
    Does this resolve the XINPUT lockup / system freeze issue that was introduced in the March update?

[–]johnwinkmsftMicrosoft employee[S] 5 points 1 day ago
    The one where mouse and keyboard go south after you unplug an Xbox controller? Should be in there, yes.
    permalinkparent

[–]conenubi701 2 points 1 day ago
    Thank you, hopefully this fixes my issue when I unplug/disconnect my Elite Controller.
    permalinkparent

[–]CaptainPeeJ 1 point 16 hours ago
    AWESOME. I hope so. It's been driving me and many others crazy.
    permalinkparent

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...RrzEy0dAwHJg)()

Just tested it thrice and no longer have the issue. If you still do, make sure you're on build 1511 (10586) and have ran Windows Update.

Xbox Controller Driver V.10.0.10586.212

You may be on to something there, I first thought it was related to the new Nvidia drivers issues, but...I also have an XBox One Wireless adapter, and also have a Logitech mouse (might even be the G500, I'll have to check when I get home). I'm having the exact same symptoms but it seems most common after I've been playing Division for a bit. Just as you said, the mouse starts to lag, and I finally lose the ability to click on anything with any button. The cursor still moves, and last night when I clicked I'd get an old school sounding system beep. What's even more irritating with this problem is that whatever is going on, it's preventing me from doing a clean system restart - I've been having to do a hard PC reboot each time it's occurred. Interesting, I just noticed we both have very similar PCs across the board, might even be the same motherboard.

I think I will try connecting the controller via USB and remove the wirless adapter completely, and see if I run into the problem any more. I'll report back either eay in a few days, but this has been a very glitchy start to "The Division" for me!

Originally Posted by SimmonsTheMad33 Go to original post
    This is extremely easy to reproduce and only happens when the UPlay client is running.

GTX 970SSC 362.00
    16GB 1866 RAM

If UPlay is running in the background and I connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller via the Xbox One Wifi Adapter and then hold down the Xbox Button on the controller to turn the controller off, my Logitech G500 mouse no longer works. Left and right click no longer works, and the mouse slowly moves across the screen as my speakers play back a "morse code" sound. Disconnecting the mouse and plugging it back in does not fix it. The mouse no longer lights up and doesnt respond.

Upon shutting down the PC and turning it back on, everything works perfectly. But as soon as I open up UPlay and repeat the above process, this happens again.

Thinking It may be an issue on my end, I clean booted the PC and proceeded to connect and disconnect the controller dozens of times with each application open (Such as Steam, GOG Galaxy, Origin, Logitech's Gaming Software, Chrome etc) closing them once finished.

As soon as UPlay was opened and I connected and disconnected the Controller, boom, mouse is dead. Anything I unplug from any USB port and reconnect is also dead.

Ive spent hours troubleshooting this and it ONLY HAPPENS when UPlay is OPEN

Not entirely sure if you need DXDIAGs or MSINFOs or where to send them but I can provide if necessary (Found the Email)

EDIT-

Tried on another PC in the house, an HP H8-1260T running Windows 10 Home 64 as well. This system did not have Uplay or the Wifi Adapter installed on it. Plugged the controller in, everything worked. Installed Uplay, Connected and disconnected the controller, EXACT SAME ISSUE.

Interesting. Seems like an issue with the mouse in general. I tested a Performance MX and V450 Logitech Mice and both exhibited the problem on the HP. I dont have access to any mice from any other brand to check though.

I too was forced to cold boot the PC. Using the Keyboard to ALT-F4 into shutdown just results in a never ending shutdown screen.

As far as drivers go, I have the latest drivers provided by each manufacturer. USB, IMEI, Chipset, Sound, Video, LAN, IRST etc. Thought it may have been outdated USB 3 Drivers (Before I tested the HP), but I have the latest from Asus and Intel doesnt provide any USB3 Drivers for W10 64 from what I can see.

And considering it happened on an older HP with a Intel H61 Board , GTX 660, i7 2600 as well....

I have this issue as well. At first I thought it was a Windows Update issue but now I've isolated it to Uplay. I have a Razer Deathadder. With Uplay NOT running my controller works fine and ius able to connect and disconnect without issue. When Uplay is open, my mouse lags out an refuses to take any click input, with beeping on each click. Unplugging and replugging the mouse results in a totally dead mouse. Uplay acts as if the controller is still connected when its not. This occurs with the controller connected both wireless and wired. When I try to reboot to fix the issue the system just hangs at "Restarting" forcing me to hard reset. Its clear that Uplay is causing this issue, perhaps in combination with the March Windows 10 cumulative updates.

+1 Also having this issue, only with Uplay running in the background. There is some massive workaround that is described under a halo game in regards to reverting back to a previous win10 driver before that march update. Haven't bothered to go through it yet but I'm guessing it may be a fix. I guess the question is were people having issues with the xbox one controller on win 10 with uplay running prior to that update?? This is the link if anyone feels like rolling back to a previous driver to see if it plays any nicer with Uplay
    http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?...&topicID=49128

re reading these posts you're all talking about mouse issues... I guess it's solely uplay rather than win10 drivers perhaps then

Originally Posted by Ww Greyghost wW Go to original post
    I guess the question is were people having issues with the xbox one controller on win 10 with uplay running prior to that update??
    Hard to say, but if it was a Windows issue, Id expect the problem to show itself without UPlay being open

Originally Posted by SimmonsTheMad33 Go to original post

Intel 4670K Stock
    GTX 970SSC 362.00
    16GB 1866 RAM

If UPlay is running in the background and I connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller via the Xbox One Wifi Adapter and then hold down the Xbox Button on the controller to turn the controller off, my Logitech G500 mouse no longer works. Left and right click no longer works, and the mouse slowly moves across the screen as my speakers play back a "morse code" sound. Disconnecting the mouse and plugging it back in does not fix it. The mouse no longer lights up and doesnt respond.

Ive spent hours troubleshooting this and it ONLY HAPPENS when UPlay is OPEN

EDIT-

Tried on another PC in the house, an HP H8-1260T running Windows 10 Home 64 as well. This system did not have Uplay or the Wifi Adapter installed on it. Plugged the controller in, everything worked. Installed Uplay, Connected and disconnected the controller, EXACT SAME ISSUE.

Same issues I'm having! Didn't see your post earlier Simmons, thanks for the link.

Same issue here. I have both wireless keyboard and mouse, but prefer xbox one controller for division. Only this game and uplay causes my pc to become unresponsive and will not shat down what so ever, plus mouse is completely dead at this point. Wonder what it can be now, tired of pressing my power button after every game play.

Originally Posted by Electr1x Go to original post
    Same issues I'm having! Didn't see your post earlier Simmons, thanks for the link.
    S'all good =P

Same issue here. Xbox One wireless adapter and Anywhere MX mouse. Last time I played it actually killed the wireless adapter drivers so that I couldn't get the controller to connect at all. Had to delete and reinstall the drivers to get it working again.