🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Napalm Production Site progression bug.

The Mission "Napalm Production Site" has a progression bug.

Right at the beginning of the mission there is a huge Napalm tank. When you use the Stick grenade right there to kill the group of cleaners, the napalm Tank will also explode but then the mission gets stuck on "Secure the site".

When you restart the mission and detonate the Big Napalm Tank with the weapon and then kill the rest as usual, you can progress without problems.

Also happens to these guys:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...ction_mission/

cheers

Joker

Mad-Cap's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm also glitched at the part were I need to turn on the generator and start the 'blow up the tanker' sequence. I have no option to activate the generator and the access panel looks broken.
    Part way through the mission I lost my 'icon path' as well, potentially due to changing my highlighted mission on the main map. I regained part of the path eventually after back tracking, but it still wouldn't queue up the generator part.

On ps4

Originally Posted by JokerUnique Go to original post
    The Mission "Napalm Production Site" has a progression bug.

Right at the beginning of the mission there is a huge Napalm tank. When you use the Stick grenade right there to kill the group of cleaners, the napalm Tank will also explode but then the mission gets stuck on "Secure the site".
    I just had the same glitch, though I killed all the guys normally from a distance (without triggering the "Secure The Area" objective) and then shot the tank when the objective came up... and it's glitched.

Same with Xbox

Originally Posted by Mad-Cap Go to original post
    I'm also glitched at the part were I need to turn on the generator and start the 'blow up the tanker' sequence. I have no option to activate the generator and the access panel looks broken.
    Part way through the mission I lost my 'icon path' as well, potentially due to changing my highlighted mission on the main map. I regained part of the path eventually after back tracking, but it still wouldn't queue up the generator part.

On ps4
    I am having the same issue on Xbox. The first time I did the mission, I exploded the initial tank, but the metal door never opened to let me continue. Now I've exploded all tanks, cleared the are, picked up my blue reward, but can't start the generator to activate time destruct sequence. This is the 2nd time I have to back out.

Same starting issue on PS4. Used a sticky bomb to blow up the tank and people in front of it.
    Didn't even mean to blow up the tank, didn't notice it could.

Guess I'll have to start over...

Me too, on the XBOX. Thanks for the tip; I blew up the first tank twice with a sticky before I came to read this. I'll shoot it next time through.

There's a similar 'bug' with regards to some random encounters. Sometimes, after killing them all, the combat music will continue and a red area on the mini-map remains, but the bad guys are all dead. Goes on for 20 seconds or so, and then quits. Seems like there's some 'end of encounter' flags that aren't firing quite right.

Oh, and I got stuck in the pile of barrels at the bottom of the pit by the fire. Had to fast-travel to get unstuck.

I have tried this a total of six times, twice a day for the last three days. Bored of this bug now and regardless of the advice above I cannot get the "Secure the Area" part of the quest to complete. It does not time out on its own. Shooting in random directions does not help (worked in different game where mob had become invisible and ignored me rather than attack). No matter how I kill the foes or destroy the cylinders it just wont register. Very fed up.

PC - all specs at or above recommended - all drivers up to date - might reallocate SSD space to a game that works.

i have had problems with the first tank where ive killed all of the enemys but cannot destroy the tank this is on the PC version!

Same glitch any response?

i'm experiencing the same thing right now assss well. can't secure the area after the 5 tanks and been trying 2 days now. PC. and also been stuck once on the 5/5 part where i had a indestructible tank.

I experienced the same "Bug" yesterday, five times while trying to do the mission on hard solo with a third character and a different build. It was very frustrating to say the least but I finally figured out what was causing the "Bug" to happen. You are probably doing the same thing I was; tying to use the first Napalm tank to take out the Cleaners standing in front of it, probably from the cross walk that is over the ramp leading to the Napalm Pit with the bodies in it.

Do not throw a grenade near the tank or shoot the tank valve from up top, if you do you will see the tank explode fire but not take any damage and after you clear the enemies you will not get a "Cleared Status" because the tank isn't actually destroyed.

To get past this, restart the mission and under no circumstances explode that first Napalm Tank until you go down the ramp to the top of the stair case with the wooden barriers on it leading into the pit area and you hear Captain Benitez say: "The place should be packed with Napalm Tanks and Gasoline. Any tanks you find, just take 'em out anyway you can; Don't want the Cleaners to salvage the stuff when you're done. We've all seen the damage they can do."

If you "destroy" the first tank before he tells you to, the mission WILL NOT progress. It took me five attempts this time through to figure it out. It happened on my first play through but I did not figure out what was causing it until this new character, on my first play through I changed my tactics and eventually got through but did not realize what I had done differently until this time, I waited for I'm to tell me to take out the tanks.

I hope this works for all of you.