Some tests

Ok, people, I managed to do some test on my PC few minutes ago and here are the facts (sorry for some mistakes, I'm not English-native):

1. Someone suggested me an overheated GPU may cause a black screen (a.k.a. driver crash), so I remove my case's front pannel and cleaned up dust; there wasn't much, the inside was clean and all parts were dirtless.

2. I manually verified each and every single driver, to be sure nothing was outdated. Everything was perfectly up-to-date, nothing to be done here.

3. I ran Heaven Benchmark with maximum specs in window mode for 39 minutes with CPUID HWMonitor beside to check temperatures; everything was normal: MOBO temperature reached 49 °C (but just once, it ran very below that temperature for the most part), CPU cores reached 51 °C (but were normally on 19-23 °C), GPU [MSI Radeon R9 380] was almost stable on 63-65 °C. After that I did the Benchmark again for 10 minutes with v-sync activated. Everything was normal and ran fine.

4. I verified the game files with Uplay client.

5. I turned off every single program that could cause conflics: my antivirus, AMD Gaming Evolved, CCleaner, OneDrive, Pushbullet. Nothing was running besides the game, Uplay and CPUID.

6. I launched the game from UPlay, open video settings, put the game in window mode and set all values on balanced, which for my system means high-ultra; I lowered shadow, fog and water effects, turned off antialiasing and set Post FX to Low.

7. I loaded my game (I had saved in northern region) and it froze 2 second later. A sound from Windows told me something, probably that the graphics driver crashed. I hoped that, having the game in window mode, I could have return to desktop, but it was useless, I had to force-reboot my PC.

With all these tests I think I proved it does not depend on my hardware, it is not something I can repair by myself. This is a software problem, something Ubisoft or AMD must resolve with a patch as soon as possible.

I hope some of them is reading my message, I wrote to this section's moderators early this morning and told them about this thread. I suggest you to do the same and, if they do not listen or pretend not to listen, to turn to other legal means to preserve your rights.

What a nuisance.

so... all settings in game set to minimum and all graphic settings in windows set to off/low/minimal - crashhh

i talked to customer support

customer support wasnt much help they only said to make sure if you are running windows 10 make sure it is up to date and that farcry primal technically isnt compatible with windows 10 so i tried running in compatibility mode but it still crashed but i found something out the game works fine if you are in the north at night but in the day it crashes so im assuming it has something to do with the lighting engine

same problem... Ubi please repair this thing...

My ticket was updated and they say that the information is being passed up to the development team to work on a patch but until then we will have to be patient.

Originally Posted by Ebuzz1274 Go to original post
    My ticket was updated and they say that the information is being passed up to the development team to work on a patch but until then we will have to be patient.
    Finally, a response! Your turn Bethesda. . .

Ubi_Jax's Avatar Community Manager
    Hi everyone.

Whilst we investigate this issue, please can you all ensure that you've verified your game files to see if this fixes the issue?

Alternatively, for those of you who have not yet contacted our Technical Support Team, you can do so HERE. Please be sure to provide as much information as possible about your issue, including a DxDiag and MSINFO of your system.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Ubi_Jax Go to original post
    Hi everyone.

Whilst we investigate this issue, please can you all ensure that you've verified your game files to see if this fixes the issue?

Alternatively, for those of you who have not yet contacted our Technical Support Team, you can do so HERE. Please be sure to provide as much information as possible about your issue, including a DxDiag and MSINFO of your system.

Thanks.
    Yep we did and it solved nothing

Originally Posted by Ubi_Jax Go to original post
    Hi everyone.

Thanks.
    like many others I too have the same problem.
    useless to write contact ubisoft, I personally did but I have not even received a reply.

there are many users on various forums complaining about the same problem, and ubisoft should intervene is a shame to have paid for something that is not 'playable

AMD have finnally said they are investigating this

amdmatt Employee 15-Mar-2016 15:12 (in response to kuwabara)
    We are investigating reports of crashing with R9 380 cards on Farcry Primal, so this could be related.