RJ_McCat's Avatar Member

A thought on future content.

I have seen much written on the DLC and people going on about teh life of the game and content, they missed something in the long view.

This little bug in NYC is just the starter. I am not going to labor on the finer points of disease transmission and all but more just hit a few high points.

This bug is everywhere, with NYC being a major air hub for world wide travel you can bet that this thing is everywhere. With teh bug not showing symtoms for days it will be around the world before you know it and everyone gets to share the same joy we are having in NYC. If you listened to the radio in game you hear that teh bug is in Chicago, Atlanta, Philly, Detroit, LA and a few other major cities in the US.

This sets up some very interesting things for the future as far as post NYC content is concerned. Once we see how the story plays out in NYC then we have the opritunity to move on to other cities and maybe other countries. The story potential is limitless with this in mind.

One other thing to think on is also what is going on regionally with the government. SInce we are in COG mode who knows who is in charge or if things are headding down the path of local, state and regional factions are trying to take charge from the vacuum of power left from the federal government getting overwhelmed. Again, something that can make for a very interesting twist in story lines.

Another thing that could be raid worthy in the larger aspect of things once NYC runs it's course would be to secure strategic assets. Nukes getting loose would be a really bad thing and with the collapse of things that could be a mission set.

this is just an idea of things that could come if the writers and dev team really wanted to get things moving for the long range future.

Stew36o's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by RJ_McCat Go to original post
    I have seen much written on the DLC and people going on about teh life of the game and content, they missed something in the long view.

This little bug in NYC is just the starter. I am not going to labor on the finer points of disease transmission and all but more just hit a few high points.

This bug is everywhere, with NYC being a major air hub for world wide travel you can bet that this thing is everywhere. With teh bug not showing symtoms for days it will be around the world before you know it and everyone gets to share the same joy we are having in NYC. If you listened to the radio in game you hear that teh bug is in Chicago, Atlanta, Philly, Detroit, LA and a few other major cities in the US.

This sets up some very interesting things for the future as far as post NYC content is concerned. Once we see how the story plays out in NYC then we have the opritunity to move on to other cities and maybe other countries. The story potential is limitless with this in mind.

One other thing to think on is also what is going on regionally with the government. SInce we are in COG mode who knows who is in charge or if things are headding down the path of local, state and regional factions are trying to take charge from the vacuum of power left from the federal government getting overwhelmed. Again, something that can make for a very interesting twist in story lines.

Another thing that could be raid worthy in the larger aspect of things once NYC runs it's course would be to secure strategic assets. Nukes getting loose would be a really bad thing and with the collapse of things that could be a mission set.

this is just an idea of things that could come if the writers and dev team really wanted to get things moving for the long range future.
    Do not dreams to much , crafting " others city " or other location would take as much time as creating a entire new game , wich is at least 2 years .... so dont expect anything like that you can at best expect " jersey " and Brooklyn and thats pretty much it ....

So far the devs as planned a 1 years contents , and ubisoft will evaluate base on sales and playersbase if they go foward and make another DLC pack ... but like most games the player base die very quickly and if the PVP issue isnt adress properly expect this game to see its player base diminish from at least 60 % in few months ...

As for PVe elements it take a lots of time to build new missions and new pve encounter to make em interesting ... the game who did a pve contents update properly is warframe , wich remain with a somehow healthy playerbase but they have Procedural tilles sets maps who always change a bit and offer new conditions and " hazard " when you replay similar missions they arent exactly the same ... wich help a lots to the replayability of the game wich is unexistant in the division the replay the missions will have its limits as it stand ... wich mean new contents will take a while to arrive for PVE and PVE players will also leave the game at some point ...

So i think you expect things ubisoft never said about this game wich isnt a F2P mmo neither an MMO in the traditional sens , its mainly a Mutiplayers / coop / single player game , wich i doubt they planned to roll out contents for the next few years at least they havnt confirm this ever anywhere , Unlike games like lets say " firefall " or " defiance " wich are F2P mmos who roll out contents update on a semi regular basis .... Ad new environement locations etc....

In the division the plan is " Update 1 2 3 DLC " after that there is No comittement , so unless you talk about a " division 2 " i dont see other city to be on the picture for quiet a while if ever ....

You can hope for it since they said the plan for " years One " in the dlc trailers , wich make us think they might update the game more than 1 years , but at the same time i can promise that if there is not enough players base and if they do not sell enough DLCs pack , they wont make any other update beside few fix and weapons pass the 3rd dlc delivery next winter ...

RJ_McCat's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Stew36o Go to original post
    Do not dreams to much , crafting " others city " or other location would take as much time as creating a entire new game , wich is at least 2 years .... so dont expect anything like that you can at best expect " jersey " and Brooklyn and thats pretty much it ....

So far the devs as planned a 1 years contents , and ubisoft will evaluate base on sales and playersbase if they go foward and make another DLC pack ... but like most games the player base die very quickly and if the PVP issue isnt adress properly expect this game to see its player base diminish from at least 60 % in few months ...

As for PVe elements it take a lots of time to build new missions and new pve encounter to make em interesting ... the game who did a pve contents update properly is warframe , wich remain with a somehow healthy playerbase but they have Procedural tilles sets maps who always change a bit and offer new conditions and " hazard " when you replay similar missions they arent exactly the same ... wich help a lots to the replayability of the game wich is unexistant in the division the replay the missions will have its limits as it stand ... wich mean new contents will take a while to arrive for PVE and PVE players will also leave the game at some point ...

So i think you expect things ubisoft never said about this game wich isnt a F2P mmo neither an MMO in the traditional sens , its mainly a Mutiplayers / coop / single player game , wich i doubt they planned to roll out contents for the next few years at least they havnt confirm this ever anywhere , Unlike games like lets say " firefall " or " defiance " wich are F2P mmos who roll out contents update on a semi regular basis .... Ad new environement locations etc....

In the division the plan is " Update 1 2 3 DLC " after that there is No comittement , so unless you talk about a " division 2 " i dont see other city to be on the picture for quiet a while if ever ....

You can hope for it since they said the plan for " years One " in the dlc trailers , wich make us think they might update the game more than 1 years , but at the same time i can promise that if there is not enough players base and if they do not sell enough DLCs pack , they wont take any other update beside few fix and weapons pass the 3rd dlc delivery next winter ...
    (sigh) get a better English translator to start with please so it would be less painful to read your posts, next at the end it was stated in my post that this is an idea. I know any ideas that dont come from you have no merit in your mind but there are others that might find the concepts interesting. I know your not real good at reading comprehension so your load of poorly written text and off based commentary really does not pertain to what I had posted. Again please find either a new translator program or get someone who can read and understand English to explain it to you since you seem incapable of doing that on your own.

(sigh) get a better English translator to start with please so it would be less painful to read your posts, next at the end it was stated in my post that this is an idea. I know any ideas that dont come from you have no merit in your mind but there are others that might find the concepts interesting. I know your not real good at reading comprehension so your load of poorly written text and off based commentary really does not pertain to what I had posted. Again please find either a new translator program or get someone who can read and understand English to explain it to you since you seem incapable of doing that on your own.
    It isnt an idea its an anticipation wich in my point of view is highly unlikely and totally unreallistic considering how game developpement work ,,, i wont get on any point you seams to get personal ...

the thing is building new assets for a game to craft another city will take way to much time and wont happen at least not unless the game is such a sucess that millions of players buy the dlc but also keep playing for years to come ... and its very unlikely

Ubisoft is know to have " seasons pass " and normaly the said seasons pass as 1 season actually and the next thing is the next game , like " the division 2 " instead of adding contents and constantly updating the division itself , unless i see any plans from ubi to do that i wont see other city besiide " jersey and brookllyn " been added unless its a very little instance that you go on helicopter or something , but an entire city , nope

RJ_McCat's Avatar Member
    You missed the whole point of my post but I an not too suprised on that by now. A little clue for you as well, I dont take you personally. I just find you annoying at best, your like an eastern european version of Kim Ju Un.

You missed the insults .
    Keep it on topic and ideas stop making it about me for the sake of your own discussions ....

Thats said , i would just like to know how you envisioned it to be possible to have " others city " in the divisiion considering the current contents + partial parts of the futur DLC took around 4 years + to make ? While its true that when a game is developped in many ways it faster to produce contents , you do realise if they start now it would take at least 1 to 2 years to compleate another city If they mostly work exclusively on this ?

So do you really think Ubisoft as a 2 to 3 years plan for this game ? If yes what make you think that way have you seen a interview or something who does hint that way ? I would be glad if true , but i really doubt it , look at destiny , they are making a " destiny 2 " instead of expanding on destiny 1 , their seasons pass is compleate and now they have moove on the next game