This is the best Far Cry game for me :)

Merci beaucoup.

I'm having a blast, the hunting is so good. I played all the far cry games thus far and for me this one is the best.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Cheers

sLightz_95's Avatar Junior Member
    Yeah, it's a good game. Didn't think a Far Cry game without guns would work as good as it did.

I personally like Far Cry 2 the most, have a lot of fond memories from it

UbiBooma's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by Moose.Qc Go to original post
    Merci beaucoup.

I'm having a blast, the hunting is so good. I played all the far cry games thus far and for me this one is the best.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Glad to hear it, Moose.Qc!

For me, Primal is on second place - 1th is Far Cry 1 .

Primal has surprised me, it has been far better than I had thought it would be. There are a couple things I don't like, one being completely cosmetic in a way. The one thing that really bugs me is just the number of random enemies. When exploring you can't go 10 feet without an enemy spawning in, and one more than one occasion they spawned in right in front of me. The other thing I didn't like at first was the icon on the mini map used for the second stop during those side quests. The first location is a paw print/hand/skull with a small question mark, then the next location was the same icon just minus the baby question mark. I found it very easy to over look, and you can spent stupid amounts of time in the map trying to find a simple in between location on the mission.

I did wonder about the replay value of Primal but recently decided to write over the game in which I had completed everything except finding four annoying in cave collectables. Enjoying the replay from the beginning on Expert far more than I suspected I would, although as I now play without HUD, minimap and reticle too it can be rather challenging at times. In one mission against the Izila were you had to assasinate a leader I must have died about five times - curse those accurate slingers - but it was fun persisting rather than changing any settings. In the end I had a prologed battle stalking about in the dark diving behind large trees for cover and to heal up. Lots of missile duels at range and so on, it was a great segment. Realised when trying to spot folk - especially in the dark and without the minimap - you really do need to use the Hunter Vision on occasion, I just wish it was a bit less full on as in only desaturating the landscape a little and did not have quite as bright a yellow highlighting effect. I find Hunter Vision as it is at the moment a bit jarring. However such minor complaints aside the more I play Primal the more it feels an excellent iteration of Far Cry.

Hunt3rKill3r2's Avatar Member
    I played hell with a couple of the collectibles as well. However, I have them all now, 100%. The ones that aren't in the caves are best found at night. I'm 100% done with the game and yet, even though Takkar states that Oros still needs him, it's pretty much touch and go for me without more story to get involved into. The ending kind of has me looking forward to something else to be seen soon though.

Sadly I am not sure if the ending is a true hint of a DLC to come, or just Ubi having a bit of fun with the old cinematic cliché of adding a twist at the end to make you think about it all beyond the credits.