🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

In game music??? Something new for a game possibly!

Typically in these type of games there isn't any sort of music unless you're running by something that is broadcasting noise or it's time to fight!
    But since this is (basically) modern day this idea is possible. Why not add some sort of "iPod" feature where, if you chose to, you can hook up your headphones and jam. I know I would like to get a song going before raiding a building full of enemies! Though risk do include not being able to hear people coming up on you. Maybe a volume adjustment feature?

You could even make it like some sort of scavenge type system... i.e. Finding a thumb drive throughout the city while you're already going through everything already. But here's the catch, you can't see what is on the drive until you go back to HQ to plug into a computer there. Sometimes you get a song(s) and sometimes you get nothing. Random footage of life in the DZ (if found there) to get more background story understanding would even be cool.

There are many games that could do this and increase player enjoyment while running around exploring. Why not give it a shot?

Food for thought, can't wait for the game!

The only thing i would like is if you unlock a new area to have that zelda secret zone sound effect. Maybe the mario sound effect when you find some funds. Maybe have the Metal Gear Solid ALERT sound effect when someone goes rogue. Final Fantasy sound effect when you equip a new item.

I really like a background/mood-setting score playing during games. It bothered me that everything seemed so quiet, aside from the ambient sound effects and chatter. It was only really in the open beta I realized it DOES have background music, but it is only in certain parts of certain missions. I wish there was more, or a more persistent one... but I guess that could get repetitive or old considering how much we'd play the game on average.

Swisspease's Avatar Member
    Maybe some music during the helicopter flight to let everyone know The Division is coming

PrincessPandora's Avatar Banned
    Hmmmm might be a good idea, but not sure if you really want to be wearing headphones in a crazy rioting apocaliptic world. But still having a music collectible might be fun!

PrincessPandora's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by SideWays408 Go to original post
    The only thing i would like is if you unlock a new area to have that zelda secret zone sound effect. Maybe the mario sound effect when you find some funds. Maybe have the Metal Gear Solid ALERT sound effect when someone goes rogue. Final Fantasy sound effect when you equip a new item.

OMG Sideways I LOVE IT!!! Hee hee

DrExtrem's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Swisspease Go to original post
    Maybe some music during the helicopter flight to let everyone know The Division is coming

This is better suited for world of tanks.

Sadly, the enemy team can't hear it ...

But in general, I highly doubt that an agent on patrol would plug in earpieces and listen to music. New York is silent now and you need to be on guard.