I think you guys might not be fully understanding the subscription idea he has. Not saying i agree with it but its not a subscription to play the game. Its like a membership to a club. Kind of like power up rewards with gamestop. The difference is that as a subscriber you get dlc and mods free for ubisoft games. So for 60 bucks a year you get access to all paid DLC for all ubisoft games. You could still buy and play the game with out it. He is also suggestion that players submit mod ideas that ubisoft will add as dlc for consoles so that console players might have access to some of what PC gamers get in terms of mods and the subscription would cover the costs and you would have access to them.

If they left the current model in place and add this as an extra package it might have some business merit but i doubt ubisoft will use the resources to even look into this idea.

Tihocan's Avatar Member
    That's what a season pass is for. I wouldn't care if that's all it was, but punching your customers with a paid-for tier of exclusivity above the existing level of exclusivity would not be decent.

Originally Posted by Tihocan Go to original post
    That's what a season pass is for. I wouldn't care if that's all it was, but punching your customers with a paid-for tier of exclusivity above the existing level of exclusivity would not be decent.
    The one thing i miss from pc gaming is the fan mods. So i could see there being a market for people to pay extra to earn the ability to have access to those mods the developers choose to bring for console but they would have to collect a way to offset the cost. They also can't really guarantee what type of content you might get vs their personal DLC so i personally see it as a gamble on the players side to pay extra for it. Not saying its a good idea only saying there may be merit and a customer base for it.