This is exactly how you can win the mmorpg war and take the number 1 spot, read.

I was not expecting to receive the beta invite. I hadn't paid for a copy of the game, so when I received the closed invite it felt like a privilege. Since that day, I tracked things very closely with how everything is done with The Division. I happened to not have as much time as I wanted to to play the beta because this is about when things started to get serious with my girlfriend, who is awesome. I think one could understand I focused on a week of housecleaning even though I couldn't resist seeing how the game was.

As a person who stricly plays fps and was planning to stay retired of 3ps for personal preference, I may just pick up this game even though I don't have as much time for MMORPGS.

I need to start by saying I am not biased. I will lay out the negative I see and the positive. Sometimes a company doesn't really know how good something they have IS until they close in on release date. Based on this game alone, you are going to gain back a lot of customers that quit on you including Assassin's Creed customers.

Since I bought Watch Dogs for the PC, and accidentally put in the wrong username (I meant to type The Men in french, not Lesholmes2k17 lol was too tired. Usually picking the wrong username by accident and having to play with it is a dealbreaker for me. That being said, I made this xbox username when I was very young and tend to be very loyal.

What sold me on your company is your attitude towards your own fans. Currently, I'm loyal to Xbox Live, Ubisoft an Bethesda only regardless of when they make mistakes because I like how you do things. I chose not to pirate any game at all. I'll admit I see my odd movie, but I choose to NEVER pirate games.

When I bought a Ubisoft game, I was a very new customer. It was Watch Dogs for the PC so I could try out my controller. I was expecting to make fun the the game and hate it but ended up playing the whole way through despite not liking the way the story was done.

I had to ask myself why if even at first, your games have such enjoyable replayability. Why?

This is one area your company severely excels at, making games very non-repetitive with mmorpgs. Where Destiny just becomes more repetitive and boring with the grind like every mmorpg turns into, your mmorpg stays fun. While all these other companies are trying to stack content on top of content, you keep stressing quality over quantity with a LOT of quantity.

This is the best timed release you could ever have. What will happen if you follow my advice is you will take the #1 mmorpg spot. I'm pretty sure you're probably already on the same page with a lot I say. I know I may come across cocky, but I intend this in all respect so you can take away and hopefully snag that #1 spot. Its about damn time you take the throne.

I personally wish it was a Far Cry MMORPG or a different series you guys happened to have an mmorpg success like this fall on, but it happened with this game. I was a person who will be buying who wouldn't have without the closed beta invite.

So I have to say thank you very much. There's not many more games I'm buying, and this is one of them.

So here is the only problem I see and its a small one that you can easily fix. In the past, when things go this well your company gets a bit nervous and overplays its hand. All you have to do is hold steady with the same pace that you have because at release with word of mouth, within 6 months keeping the same pace will keep your game successful.

I'm asking you to not do 1 thing that could screw up your game and that's extend the distances people have to run. Do not do that. Part of what really works for the game is the layout. You don't have to run for hours and hours just to start playing the game, but you can still run for hours and find more to discover.

What is being done is depth on a level I haven't seen since Skyrim. You are being so smart keeping things layered. There is some repetition obviously with mmorpg, but keeping the game as a cover style shooter fits for the atmosphere and keeps a player on his/her toes. This means that a repeated action in your game is far less boring as it can play out different every time and a good player can still die not grabbing cover.

This will be the only 3ps I will be sticking to for a while on Xbox One.

What would make your game die is if you start screwing up in ways that Destiny started to. Don't overthink it and let unhappy impatient fans force your hands. Keep steady with what you have and keep focusing on new content. Do not add too much repeated content on top of what you have, but instead add only when you have something new.

And here is a new idea I believe its time for that you could pull off:

All the people running a side sub fee have a good general idea, but aren't really providing what a customer wants. I suggest working on a deal with xbox live, PC, and Playstation where there's a 15 per 3 month subscription fee to Ubisoft U. People LOVE being a part of something that they feel is more exclusive to them. Part of why your game will succeed is how you handled the beta, making people feel a part of it including me. This is all you need to provide and you will beat ESO plus AND compete with EA Access:

1. Once per month, pick a community idea for a mod for one of your current games and make it. The idea of a person being able to have their idea in the game and be a part of making it is amazing that you'll have millions to choose from in days of launching that part. Featuring artists would be great. Try to broker a deal with Xbox Live and maybe even playstation Network that winning competitions = xbox live or playstation points. People even getting cents out of it makes them happy. So the featured daily artist would receive 5 dollars xbox live credit with someone different every day, a small appreciation showing that you value your UBISOFT YOU customers.

With the person who wins the mod idea contest each month, allow them to of course freely get the mod they helped form the idea of and allow them to get free access to the rest of the community driven mods for that game.

With Tom Clancy's The Division, you setup a Universe that doesn't end for how far creativity can extend.

If you took this and applied UBISOFT YOU to only these 4 releases, each game will rank up eventually followed by your 2017 relaunch of the Assasin's Creed Series as the fifth.

With Far Cry Primal, people are dying for a similar experience. The same could be applied for this. I only explained a partial idea because I want to make sure you take my partial idea and make it your own. I want to see this done if it will work for you in some way and consider me a customer day 1 to the end.

Part of what made Far Cry 4 successful was the addons and the community driven leaderboards. I found that what I enjoyed the most about it wasn't the original game, but addons afterwards to it.

This started giving me Faith in Ubisoft. The more I researched the company, the more I'm finding that you're the first company to do ONE THING right before others. You know how to give customer service. The competition used to never be there so gaming companies never really had to tailor and beg for customers, but you know how to please your customers even when they don't like a release or two.

Such is the case or noone would play Far Cry due to the first release. What everyone had a problem with it was graphics prevented progression.

People find that the games they didn't like of yours grow on them later. For example, you have a huge cult following for Far Cry 2 which includes myself now.

I wanted to mention a couple successful turning points I noticed that could apply to a successful Elite membership unlike any other Elite membership.

Other than giving a 5% discount or something reasonable on all Ubisoft purchases with the Elite membership, allow only the community mods to be completey free as long as the person has a Ubisoft Elite membership still.

This is why I'm seeing 15 dollars for a 3 month membership be a good starting point. Starting the price too high may bother too many people. However, with your skills at being able to make the community a part of the creation of your games, please try to apply it to an Elite Membership where people participate more. All you'd need for it are 3 things:

1. Community Participation including some winnings
    2. Discounts on the games
    3. Beta invites first to Elite members before anyone for all future Ubisoft games

There's a lot of whiney gamers who don't realise video game makers are not perfect. People rarely understand your side of the industry. However, the community view of Ubisoft is very positive because of how community driven you are. With an elite membership idea, all you'd need to do is keep it about the community and keep UBISOFT YOU about UBISOFT everyone who has a membership and every single game will rank up and up. You'll notice people will buy more copies of Far Cry and more mods will get made and sold. You'll notice that the club will only grow in success as people get used to loving the community driven idea. Heck, its created by a loyal fan that actually considers you to be number 2 only to Bethesda (#1 in online games, I prefer their single player games simply).

You have an opportunity to take the market and hold it, allowing to solidify your hold on the rest of your major gaming series'. Apply it to the sequel to Watch Dogs you are working on. Apply it to the new Rainbow Siege, which could make Call of Duty scared too. Apply it to Far Cry and this game. Then wait until 2017 and apply it to Assassin's Creed and watch your company beat out every single other company.

Its time for a change in who wins financially in the world of gaming. Yeah you guys have had your wins but I'm sure I'm not the only one rooting for you guys to take a turn being the number 1 game maker in the world. Its time for companies like Blizzard who managed to lose me as a loyal customer to get off their high horse because you make better games now than they do.

Your games focus on being more fun where others hook players by just making them more addicting.

You now have another Tom Clancy's the Division player and if you take any of my suggestions, your first customer on what I suggested.

I decided to allow myself to just type naturally and not edit this. I could have taken all the time to wrap it in a box, but this is more of a impromptu message on a message board. I'm getting over my ocd habits by letting my very imperfect message stand as is, knowing if you take my idea and make it yours that you will be the number 1 gaming company within 3 years.

Its your call if you take any or all of my advice. I just know for sure you actually are gaining more customers than you think you are because you come across like you give a **** about your customers. None of the other companies except for maybe 1 or 2 can manage to come close in emulating that. Please win.

in context: Though I've participated in beta before, I left that message exactly as is. It is literally the first time I have wrote a message trying to help out a company that I participated in beta with. So i kept it unedited talking naturally how I just type. Please let me know if there's any constructive criticism.

Also, pretty please send me an invite when you release the next Far Cry beta. I guarantee I'll have a lot more concise and constructive feedback to help with that release. I'm looking forward to the addons to Far Cry Primal. I beat it all so I'm replaying it on hard now instead of normal, y ou know how to make good games that never stop being fun. Just don't do what Destiny did and accidentally make a good game more boring.

ColecoWizard's Avatar Banned

Division is great mmorpg, yes, much so. however, if you mean this very last beta not so long ago; that was open beta, open to every person. so not exactly "by invite only"

edit - didnt really read, definite no to subscription.

NO to everything you said WE DONT NEED A SUBSCRIPTION ON TOP OF XBL OR PSN SUBSCRIPTION. Also this game is not a MMORPG and never will be its a RPG WITH TPS COVER BASED MECHANICS and ubisoft never labeled it as a MMORPG so learn your genres again

Arsenic_Touch's Avatar Senior Member
    You do know this isn't an mmo, right?
    Another thing, how can ubisoft "severely excel" at making mmorpgs not repetitive when they've never had an mmorpg?
    Also, adding a subscription to a game that isn't an mmo would be the dumbest thing ubisoft could ever do.
    Nothing you posted will help this game, in fact, it would turn off quite a few players from ever being interested.

ColecoWizard's Avatar Banned

Originally Posted by Smileyguy24 Go to original post
    NO to everything you said WE DONT NEED A SUBSCRIPTION ON TOP OF XBL OR PSN SUBSCRIPTION. Also this game is not a MMORPG and never will be its a RPG WITH TPS COVER BASED MECHANICS and ubisoft never labeled it as a MMORPG so learn your genres again
    welcome to modern day. genres are hardly concrete anymore. game still qualifies as mmo. learn to get over yourself.

check most mmo sites, many games on there that dev never label mmo, but they still qualify. massive. multiplayer. online.

bye now.

Zoream's Avatar Senior Member
    The game isn't a MMO, the devs have never sold it as a MMO, they have even said this isn't a MMO.

That's because it isn't a MMO.

Arsenic_Touch's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Zoream Go to original post
    The game isn't a MMO, the devs have never sold it as a MMO, they have even said this isn't a MMO.

That's because it isn't a MMO.
    You like totally need to learn to get over yourself, man.

Zoream's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch Go to original post
    You like totally need to learn to get over yourself, man.
    Why? It's women not man.

Originally Posted by ColecoWizard Go to original post
    welcome to modern day. genres are hardly concrete anymore. game still qualifies as mmo. learn to get over yourself.

check most mmo sites, many games on there that dev never label mmo, but they still qualify. massive. multiplayer. online.

bye now.
    Ya instance capped at 24 is massive wow