🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Too much in Australia

Really enjoyed the Beta but at around 3 times the price of other countries The Division has me divided.

It's not Ubisoft fault, it's Australia as a country that is really expensive, look at the average prices of all new videogames coming out, around 100 $

Ouch. Sucks to hear.

Doctor-Atomic's Avatar Member
    Can't you get someone in the US of A to buy it for you and ship it to you?

Originally Posted by Mud1491 Go to original post
    It's not Ubisoft fault, it's Australia as a country that is really expensive, look at the average prices of all new videogames coming out, around 100 $
    LOL can i sell you some snake oil.

Doctor-Atomic's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by biggles54 Go to original post
    LOL can i sell you some snake oil.
    Sorry, I hear the complaint about game prices in Australia all the time (one guy was complaining that a $20 game guide cost $60 over where you live), I doubt the game companies are purposely pricing them high just for down under.

Originally Posted by Doctor-Atomic Go to original post
    Can't you get someone in the US of A to buy it for you and ship it to you?
    You can buy Gold from another country for $65 as opposed to $150 here in Oz but it's a lot of stuffing around.

Originally Posted by Doctor-Atomic Go to original post
    Sorry, I hear the complaint about game prices in Australia all the time (one guy was complaining that a $20 game guide cost $60 over where you live), I doubt the game companies are purposely pricing them high just for down under.
    Thats cool, I guess they will because they can and we have little we can do but not buy overpriced games.

Ya that really really sucks!

I've heard about the pricing discrepancy in the UK as well. Other than import tariffs I don't quite understand why. Especially since downloads aren't cheaper.

At least I know here in Canada the price difference is because our money isn't worth ****e. :/

Hm, if it's any consolation in Germany you would even have to pay roughly 2 Australian dollars more for a PS4 gold edition. For a standard PC edition you'd have to pay more in Australia though.

Gold edition (for PS4)
    UK ~117 AU$ (60 GBP)
    US ~138 AU$ (100 US$)
    Australia ~150 AUD
    Germany ~152 AUD (100 €)

Standard edition (for PC)
    UK ~78 AU$ (40 GBP)
    US ~83 AU$ (60 US$)
    Germany ~84 AU$ (55 €)
    Australia ~90 AU$