🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Far Cry Primal Hard Freeze randomly causing me to hard reset PC

Ok so my game keeps freezing random times, causing me to do a hard reset of my PC as there is no other way out. Any ideas? I do have 2 gtx 780ti's SLI, should I try disabling 1 of my GPU's? Or is the game SLI ready? Its really pissing me off? Any ideas, ive tried running as administrator and its still crashing. I've rang Ubisoft and they are getting back to me?

Any ideas people?

Same problem have in Far Cry 4 , this graphic engine is don t work well on PC.

Ubi-Stature's Avatar Community Manager
    Hi there, KIA.TurbineT,

Can you confirm if you are running any other programs while playing? For example are you using Skype to talk to friends whilst playing?

If so can you try playing for a period without any other applications running to see if there is a conflict?

Hi,

Hi have quite the same problem.

I launch the game everything is fine untill the cinematics with the hunters, the screen freeze and I have to hard reset my computer.

I have an
    I7 4790k
    Nvidia Gerforce 970 SLI
    16G RAM.

Thank you

I managed to play like 5 minutes by skipping the cinematics and then freeze when i was goat hunting, this is really really raging to pay for a game i can't play !

Please help us fix that, I verified the files, my drivers are up to date and my rig is supposed to handle this game without any problems !

Is there a known issue with SLI for example?

Have you tried without SLI on just to see what happens?

Still not fixed

I've tried playing it in window borderless mode as someone said it had fixed their issue, it has not fixed my issue, still getting the hard freeze and have to restart my PC. It's really starting to grind and piss me off considering a pre ordered this game, it should work straight off. I have not yet tried playing it by disabling SLI, has anyone tried doing this yet?

Originally Posted by Asryan2a Go to original post
    Hi,

Hi have quite the same problem.

I launch the game everything is fine untill the cinematics with the hunters, the screen freeze and I have to hard reset my computer.

I have an
    I7 4790k
    Nvidia Gerforce 970 SLI
    16G RAM.

Thank you
    I have

I7 4790k
    GTX 780ti SLI
    16GB ram

similar set up, you tried playing with SLI disabled?

Originally Posted by Ubi-Stature Go to original post
    Hi there, KIA.TurbineT,

Can you confirm if you are running any other programs while playing? For example are you using Skype to talk to friends whilst playing?

If so can you try playing for a period without any other applications running to see if there is a conflict?
    Im only playing with Teamspeak running, could this be an issue? Is the game SLI compatible? As ill try disable SLI, if not ill close TS?

Originally Posted by Ubi-Stature Go to original post
    Hi there, KIA.TurbineT,

i have same same problem.
    running on alienware 18, all drivers updated, no programs running in the backgrund.
    not overheating issue.

after loading a game, i can take maybe a step or two and then the game freezes.
    just tried this ten times... load the game, move or turn a little and the game freezes.

if i quickly bring up the map and fast travel back to home cave, the game runs fine, until the next time et starts freezing.
    almost like there are some areas that has issues

note: tried disabling crossfire and same problem.
    tried running on lowest graphic settings and same problem.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... Last ►►