🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Jayrocksd's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Major Tezorukos Go to original post
    Dan Amrich has a Bacon number of 2. (https://oracleofbacon.org/movielinks.php) LOL!
    Now that is hilarious. I always thought Coney Island Boy was the character that held 9&1/2 Weeks together.

jsdratm's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Jayrocksd Go to original post
    Now that is hilarious. I always thought Coney Island Boy was the character that held 9&1/2 Weeks together.
    Now someone has to dig up a screenshot of that movie featuring the Coney Island Boy lol

Femacejo's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by RichK73 Go to original post
    The red boxes seem to all be first movies in a series. The last unsolved red box would look to be Superman, but I believe that was not confirmed by Dan.

Back to the Future
    Lord of the Rings
    Jurassic Park
    Batman
    ???
    Back to the Future - journey to the past
    Lord of the Rings - journey to fantasy world
    Jurassic Park - journey to the past
    Batman - journey to comic world

Journey ?

Here's my guess,

Silvestri- Captain America March
    John Williams- Imperial March
    Danny Elfman- March of the Dead
    Howard Shore- Last March of the Ents

To be released on Tuesday, the first of March.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by RollingStone222 Go to original post
    Another option for Superman:

Brian Dennehy -> Legal Eagles -> Terence Stamp -> Superman -> Marc McClure
    There ya go. Gene Hackman was not in Legal Eagles so I could not confirm your previous chain through that film, but Terence Stamp was. Hackman was with Dennehy in Twice in a Lifetime, so that path would have worked too. Ditto Kidder. (Funny that this was last with so many possible connections!)

So you have the five red boxes, and as some of you have already figured out, we are doing a 5-pack of famous themes & scores for those five films. These are similar to Bachsmith in that they are our recordings, but whereas Bachsmith was approached as a total reinterpretation of the original works, the arrangements of these themes are closer to what you know from the films.

The 5-pack will be available for $9.99, as we still had to license the work, but we did not license the master recordings. These songs will not be available as singles; Rocksmith Goes to the Movies is only available as a 5-pack.

Originally Posted by abbottcr Go to original post
    Have the notetrackers had enough time to do movie themes though? I assume these themes would require writing and instrumentation similar to Bachsmith, but it's only been 6 months since Bachsmith 2
    Now you know one of the reasons they've been so busy, Brian McCune in particular.

Originally Posted by chris60119 Go to original post
    Star Wars!
    We asked, but we were not able to secure that one. Same with the Raiders March. But it just goes to show that, even though Superman and Jurassic Park are also John Williams, we never get blanket permission from an artist. Some things are yes, some things are no.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by RollingStone222 Go to original post
    Another option for Superman:

Brian Dennehy -> Legal Eagles -> Terence Stamp -> Superman -> Marc McClure
    There ya go. Gene Hackman was not in Legal Eagles so I could not confirm your previous chain through that film, but Terence Stamp was. Hackman was with Dennehy in Twice in a Lifetime, so that path would have worked too. Ditto Kidder. (Funny that this was last with so many possible connections!)

So you have the five red boxes, and as some of you have already figured out, we are doing a 5-pack of famous themes & scores for those five films. These are similar to Bachsmith in that they are our recordings, but whereas Bachsmith was approached as a total reinterpretation of the original works, the arrangements of these themes are closer to what you know from the films.

The 5-pack will be available for $9.99, as we still had to license the work, but we did not license the master recordings. These songs will not be available as singles; Rocksmith Goes to the Movies is only available as a 5-pack.

Originally Posted by abbottcr Go to original post
    Have the notetrackers had enough time to do movie themes though? I assume these themes would require writing and instrumentation similar to Bachsmith, but it's only been 6 months since Bachsmith 2
    Now you know one of the reasons they've been so busy, Brian McCune in particular.

Originally Posted by chris60119 Go to original post
    Star Wars!
    We asked, but we were not able to secure that one. Same with the Raiders March. But it just goes to show that, even though Superman and Jurassic Park are also John Williams, we never get blanket permission from an artist. Some things are yes, some things are no.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post

Day 1 purchase!

Wow very cool! Really excited to play these!

i'm looking forward to it

AlloysiusGrunt's Avatar Senior Member
    Sweet! This'll be fun!

I sense a DISturbaNcEY in the Force.