🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    NitroHNR's Avatar Member
    This post needs to be bumped to the top as much as possible.

Couldn't agree more with the OP...it was exhilarating to pick up great loot and sprint to an extraction point...freaking out when another player comes running toward you (not knowing if they are friend or foe).

I had a nade chucked at me as I was extracting...(P***ed me right off)...but I loved going on the hunt for him after!

I really hope they don't change TD in any way...I love it as is!!

Agree with OP but need one change

I completely agree with the OP, if the DZ PVP was changed too much it would completely ruin it. The onlychange I would like to see to the PVP mechanics is that once a player has mDe the decision to go rogue they stay rogue until dying or leaving the DZ. This would mean the decision to go rogue would in general be more thought out and give solo/small groups a fighting chance instead of getting ganked by a seemingly 'friendly' player. Let's be honest I am sure you wouldn't have stayed at the extraction zone if you knew the other players waiting thsre were rogue agents with reset timers waiting to grenade and sticky bomb you while you were trying to extract your hard earned gear.

If you go rogue stay rogue until you exit or die...face the consequences!

GRAY-FOX_RR's Avatar Member
    Posting again to keep this thread on the first page. A lot of the complaints I have seen I have also seen polls attached to them with stupid poll options that would break the game and the DZ. Lucky for us I do not believe that Ubisoft or Massive takes threads like that seriously especially when 65 million people played the beta and their silly little pole has 40 votes.

The Destiny community ruined Destiny and Bungie ruined Destiny by listening to the complainers and whiners of Destiny on the forms. They turned the game into a game for casuals where everything was easy to get and easy to upgrade. Its as if people do not want a challenge they just want X item or X weapon or X level just to say they have it and not actually work to get it. Which is where a lot of the complaints about the DZ come from b/c people feel as though if they find a good piece of loot they are entitled to it and should have zero problems extracting it. Yet this is not how the DZ was designed. I do not want to go into the DZ and shoot a few NPCs, get a key and find a chest and pull out a high end weapon and have that be the end of it b/c the extraction zone has been made into a "safe zone" like in college where "words cant hurt you"

The dumbing down of the DZ and this game would be its downfall. I really hope that Massive / Ubisoft has taken a look at what happened with Destiny and holds firm on what the DZ is and what it was designed for. We do not need another cookie cutter shooter game like COD which is what a lot of the complain threads are aiming for. If we keep threads like this one at the top and dont respond to the complain threads they will fade away. There was an influx of complain threads at the closed beta and we see it now after the open beta and we will even see them at the full game release. We have to stay strong and show our support for the game and give feedback to ubisoft as much as possible showing how we like how the game is designed and do not want it to change.

Originally Posted by GRAY-FOX_RR Go to original post
    Posting again to keep this thread on the first page. A lot of the complaints I have seen I have also seen polls attached to them with stupid poll options that would break the game and the DZ. Lucky for us I do not believe that Ubisoft or Massive takes threads like that seriously especially when 65 million people played the beta and their silly little pole has 40 votes.

The Destiny community ruined Destiny and Bungie ruined Destiny by listening to the complainers and whiners of Destiny on the forms. They turned the game into a game for casuals where everything was easy to get and easy to upgrade. Its as if people do not want a challenge they just want X item or X weapon or X level just to say they have it and not actually work to get it. Which is where a lot of the complaints about the DZ come from b/c people feel as though if they find a good piece of loot they are entitled to it and should have zero problems extracting it. Yet this is not how the DZ was designed. I do not want to go into the DZ and shoot a few NPCs, get a key and find a chest and pull out a high end weapon and have that be the end of it b/c the extraction zone has been made into a "safe zone" like in college where "words cant hurt you"

The dumbing down of the DZ and this game would be its downfall. I really hope that Massive / Ubisoft has taken a look at what happened with Destiny and holds firm on what the DZ is and what it was designed for. We do not need another cookie cutter shooter game like COD which is what a lot of the complain threads are aiming for. If we keep threads like this one at the top and dont respond to the complain threads they will fade away. There was an influx of complain threads at the closed beta and we see it now after the open beta and we will even see them at the full game release. We have to stay strong and show our support for the game and give feedback to ubisoft as much as possible showing how we like how the game is designed and do not want it to change.
    This.

Like many have already said, there are quite a few things that should be changed about the dark zone, but nothing so major that'd make it a completely different experience. It's a lot of fun, actually. It's a very small minority of people who vehemently dislike it and the pvp element of it, so I really don't think anything huge will happen to it. Most just recognize that there are things that should be tweaked, but otherwise it's fine as is.

People are trying to make this into an mmo or sorts with 10 different servers where eight are for pve and the other two are pvp. That's not the kind of game The Division is, nor should it be or will be. It was specifically designed to be a mostly pve game with a small area for those who enjoy pvp and in that zone, there happen to be some of the best drops and gear. If people don't like pvp, they don't have to go through it. Enjoy the rest of the game, but stop trying to make the dark zone a place of just rainbows and sunshine. It's meant to be a place where you look out for yourself and your teammates if you happen to have some. You shouldn't be trusting of everyone, they're all out for themselves.

Not to mention people also don't understand that the full launch will have so much more content than the beta, and the missions will, of course, have gear just as good as the dark zone. There's also crafting where you can make your own great equipment.

Also, OP, great post. +1 from me!

Originally Posted by turnersj93 Go to original post
    This.
    Not to mention people also don't understand that the full launch will have so much more content than the beta, and the missions will, of course, have gear just as good as the dark zone. There's also crafting where you can make your own great equipment.

Also, OP, great post. +1 from me!
    In general I agree with OP and you. The Darkzone does not need an general or big overhaul a few tweaks here and there and it should be good.

The only thing that concerns me a little is that in some interviews it is stated tat the best gear can only be acquired via the DZ. We still have to see if thats is true but I think if it is true the pure PVE part will be upset. To be honest I can understand that since they paid the same money so theay should also have access to all the cool gear.

Regarding crafting I don't think this will be a solution since I guess the cool blueprints and materials will also be located in the darkzone. Also from what I know for know the DZ seems to be the endgame contend and if this is the only endgame content then I fear quite some complains as well from the PVE only faction. I am a bit afraid that leaving out a large player base will hurt the game in the long turn...

But as I said I am mostly fine with the DZ at the current state.

OP has absolutely NAILED it on the head. Bravo to you. The DZ is like the modern day Wild West - its lawless and dangerous. It's not meant for the faint of heart. If you don't like it, STAY OUT. It's that simple.

Hopefully Massive will stick to their vision of the DZ and ignore some of the these frankly ridiculous suggestions to make the DZ a more friendly experience (hilarious!) rather than pander to a bunch of cry-babies that can't handle the fact they run the risk of losing their loot.

Originally Posted by Jflow_79 Go to original post
    I agree some what, though you look at this with a some what broken view. I look at this from a military view. I am a combat veteran and 100% disabled due to my service. I know what it takes to become a soldier and to become a special forces soldier and much more. The idea of brotherhood comes from training and fighting together. These so called agents are vetted and trained and vetted and psychologically profiled and checked and re-checked and basically anally probed every hour on the hour while they were being trained for their assignment. This process is done for many reasons, such as courage under fire, stress analysis, fortitude and goal oriented vision, the ability to follow orders blindly and to adjust their mission plan to suit the situation.
    But as I see it these are not all SF guys with that training, long-term association and cohesion - they are picked from military or civilian life for various forms of expertise and personality traits and meeting physical minimums and trained to adequate levels in a variety of areas (probably by Homeland ) including as one category weapons skills for the purpose of operating independently in an emergency in this urban area when mobilized from their cover lives. We see what they are all made of under the pressure and temptations of the emergency - like the temptation to ask an agent to find one's sister when that may be a slim chance and not an institutional priority. I don't know if that works for you, but that's the obvious backstory behind the agents being somewhat of a mixed bag in skills and attitudes and establishing cohesion after rather than before the disaster strikes.

Yes! I never like PVP for the sake of PVP, The Division has brought a fresh experience to the world of player interaction. I started out hunting the crap out of Rogue Agents. Then our little team decided we need to try it out. Sometimes we ran out the timer, other times we were hunted down for the traitorous dogs we were. I Love the system, some minor tweeks will come about and they are needed.

Please don't change the system! Many of us don't want to play in a PVP only type arena.

Hello,

First, sorry for my english, my native languages are french and polish (but french is better for me). But i will try to explain correctly what i am thinking.

I really like the new system of Dark Zone, so i am totally agree with the first message ("post"). It's something totally new on video games, and very original, and it has a lot of potential of fun, and gameplay tactics etc...

So, i think the system is very good and must to stay like it is. I think that only some balance is needed between the different "game styles". By game styles i want to say that, in my opinion, in Dark Zone, there is 3 "roles":

- Neutral Agent (try to get PvE items (and some xp and money) and survive to extraction points for to extract items)

- Hunter (try to kill Rogues, and gain money, xp, items)

- Rogue (try to kill Neutral Agents for their items and for gain some money and xp)

So i think this 3 game styles are the "core thing" of Dark Zone. And i will try to explain my point of view by some very simple words:

NO ROGUES = NO HUNTERS = NO PvP = NO STRESS FOR NEUTRAL AGENTS = NO FUN = BORING

Very simple mathematics .

Now i will try to explain the thing more precisly:

I played on open beta (PC), and after lot of hours of playing (solo), i was feeling very "comfortable" (safe) in Dark Zone... Why? Because i knew that nobody want to be a Rogue, so like a Neutral Agent i farmed items on PvE in DZ and when i was going to extraction points, very very rarely (so rarely that i didn't remember lol) a Rogue tried to kill me ( just tried lol). So every time when i farm items and go to extraction points, i was stressless, because i knew that people will try to kill me very rarely. And i think that's a problem.

Dark Zone is not supposed to be a safe PvE zone like the basic PvE zone. It's supposed to be a dangerous zone, where all players are scary about their "life" and try different build and tactics to improve theirs skills on their game style. For example, a Neutral Agent must build himself for to survive on extraction point and PvE, survive to Rogues, try some tactics for to counter Rogues etc... Also a Hunter must build himself for to hunt Rogues, try different tactics etc... But all of this things are not very possible actually, because nobody want to be a Rogue (i don't talk about that camping teams on very specific zone (not interesting gameplay)). And if nobody will want to be a Rogue, all of this new tactics and gameplay will be not possible, or very rarely. And the "Dark Zone" will stay a Safe PvE Zone just like i seen in open beta. Because at the open beta, most of the time, the gameplay was boring, and i was just farming items for to extract them after.

So i really like the system of Dark Zone, but i think Rogues have a ridiculous "disadvantage" (non advantage, something like that lol ), and their "weakness" have results in the global Dark Zone gameplay for all roles (Neutrals, Hunters, Rogues).

Another example. I seen the rogue skull on my minimap, so i decided to chase them. I run and some people join to me. We are 3, the rogues are 2. We kill them, and i gained something like 2300 DZ money in maybe 20 seconds... After this, i had 7700 DZ money. So i bought the Pakhan. Later, on an extraction point, a team of 3 people was trying to kill me and 2 other people. We kill them, and i had 7000+ DZ money (i don't know how much i had before this). So i bought the Liberator...

And what you have when you are a rogue? Nothing. If you die, you loose all your money and items. And if you can survive, you gain little money and some useless items (because everybody can get this items on PvE on DZ, so, gain or loose this type of items it's not a problem or a huge deal, because the best items are in shops, so the must important thing is money). And when you are Rogue, you must run very long time (long minutes) for trying to save your life.

I want just to say that hunters have a ridiculous advantage against rogues, so nobody want to be a rogue. And if nobody is rogue, nobody is hunter, and neutral agents feel very safe in DZ, and the DZ become a safe PvE zone...

But what i am talking about, is just some balance things. I don't think there are "Core Gameplay System" problems. What i am talking about, is for the good of all gameplay system of the Dark Zone, and for making Dark Zone just what it supposed to be, an unsafe zone, with a more enjoyable gameplay.

But i love the core ideas of this game, i really think it's an awesome game. I think it can be one of the best game for me, really. That's why i pre-ordered this game.

And i thank the developpers, and all The Division team for doing this great job!

(If you have read totally this message, thank God for giving you the Force of reading my crappy english! )

Excellent post!