Well you do add Skins on your guns that change the color and possibly have designs on them. You also add modifications to the weapons that further modify how they look.

I would really dislike if we had some destiny style weapons as it would completely ruin the immersion for me.

I really don't care if they give players the option to make their weapons stand out as long as i can have mine look normal.
    Please don't force me to run around with a blinking, burning magic wand if i want to use the best gun i found.

In a game like this, I dont need "exotic" looking guns, I just need a gun that is better than the one I have. I could care less what it looks like. A gun is a tool to get a job done and as long as its doing the job good enough, I dont care if it looks different / on fire / glowing / shoots electricity or what ever else "cosmetic" features you could add to a gun to make it "different".

Regarding having special high level guns have a different look. I do not think that is going to happen.

If speculation is correct and the DZ is where the end game content will be, you can't have everyone advertising what they are carrying.

If you saw that epic M4 that only drops 1:100000 off the Riker's Island boss woman glowing in the hands of a dude you are about attack in the DZ, you would think twice about the move you were about to make and attacking him..

If you can't identify the gear or guns someone has then your choice is much more about your ethics and morals than a mathematical calculation.

While you may think that having your überness show, the impact on the game would be huge.

But.....This is my opinion and the devs may agree with your thoughts.

sicKENasty

Originally Posted by sicKENasty Go to original post
    Regarding having special high level guns have a different look. I do not think that is going to happen.

If speculation is correct and the DZ is where the end game content will be, you can't have everyone advertising what they are carrying.

If you saw that epic M4 that only drops 1:100000 off the Riker's Island boss woman glowing in the hands of a dude you are about attack in the DZ, you would think twice about the move you were about to make and attacking him..

If you can't identify the gear or guns someone has then your choice is much more about your ethics and morals than a mathematical calculation.

While you may think that having your überness show, the impact on the game would be huge.

But.....This is my opinion and the devs may agree with your thoughts.

sicKENasty
    Yeah minor modifications is enough to make me happy.

i.e.

The color of the weapons... maybe some art on them. Then there is the modifications you add to the guns.

I think that is more then enough.

(You can play around a bit more with peoples appearance clothes). Maybe some masks.