🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

View Poll Results: If you reached Rogue Level 5, what was the outcome?

Voters
664. You may not vote on this poll
  • I died every time

258 38.86%
  • I died most of the time but survived a few

218 32.83%
  • I survived most of the time

142 21.39%
  • I survived every time

46 6.93%
    I see a lot of people mention that rooftop with a ladder in an alley, and that is one place that *needs* to go. It is literally an unassailable position to the point of stupidity, and I didn't saw one group of 3 or 4 rogues in a manhunt that got killed while in there.

And I saw a lot of people try.

1. My squad hunted Rogues every chance we could. We couldn't kill groups of 3 or 4 rogues up there, but we managed to reset their timers or force them to re-rogue once they escaped to the point that all groups we got cornered there quit the game in frustration (proximity chat is a wonderful thing). We did managed to kill groups of one and two rogues in there through sheer force of will, but anything more than that means that one usually is able to revive his buddies or kill the attackers, since only one person climbs the ladder at a time.
    2. I once saw a group of players try a Soviet-like charge, with something like 10 or 12 players climbing the ladder one after the other and trying to overrun the position -- there were so many of them that by the time the last guy got to the top, the first one to die had already respawned. They also failed to clear the group, since the players holed up in there would revive each other and could shoot one by one as they came up, even thought they were just a second apart.
    3. All tactics available in the beta, such as sticky bombs, grenades, turrets and whatever, had absolutely zero effect on people there. The rooftop's back wall was just too far and the building too damn high to allow anything to damage the players. However, the rogues could use their whole arsenal with nary an issue.

The problem with that location is that Rogues can use all skills, shoot down, and hold the back in cover. Agents can't use skills, are compeltely in the open, can't flank enemies in any way, and have zero lines of fire towards enemies up there. So that place needs to go, or some changes be made around it to add more entryways and/or more angles of fire, such as an scaffolding or rooftop nearby from where players can shoot at the Rogues and use their abilities effectively. It's supposed to be a fun and equal battle, not a duck hunt.

So, basically, that is position as it is is a position that only cowards hold, since it's a guaranteed win with zero chance of fighting back. But, alas, rogues are all cowards.

@macperricone

In my opinion, that rooftop is not very interesting gameplay place, i am agree. But it is not impossible to kill the rogues there. With some other peoples, we killed them.

How? I just build myself on full Stamina and take the shield ability. I climb the ladder and with some little communication, you can explain your plan to other people. I wait at the top of the ladder for other people. Everybody follow me on the top of the ladder, and when i see we are all at the top of the ladder (not at rooftop), i climb totally the ladder for to go on the rooftop. So the rogues starts to shoot at me, i lost about 90% of my hp, the shield is activated, and the shield loose hp very quickly. But during this time, people can climb the ladder. As a "tank", i take all the damage, and when i lost my shield, i jump to the left, use a medkit, and i start to shoot at rogues and other people shoot rogues too.

So, we got the rogues.

But yes, it's not very easy, and it need more people to climb this ladder than the rogues who stays here. Or it need some communication with people, and it need to do specific builds for this situation. Because if everybody build themselves on DPS, for sure they will die very quickly.

But yeah, i don't like very much this type of gameplay, because you can't do lot of things, people on the rooftop have more advantage. And you can't use turrets or other abilities here.

Originally Posted by Bibobabu Go to original post
    @macperricone

In my opinion, that rooftop is not very interesting gameplay place, i am agree. But it is not impossible to kill the rogues there. With some other peoples, we killed them.

How? I just build myself on full Stamina and take the shield ability. I climb the ladder and with some little communication, you can explain your plan to other people. I wait at the top of the ladder for other people. Everybody follow me on the top of the ladder, and when i see we are all at the top of the ladder (not at rooftop), i climb totally the ladder for to go on the rooftop. So the rogues starts to shoot at me, i lost about 90% of my hp, the shield is activated, and the shield loose hp very quickly. But during this time, people can climb the ladder. As a "tank", i take all the damage, and when i lost my shield, i jump to the left, use a medkit, and i start to shoot at rogues and other people shoot rogues too.

So, we got the rogues.

But yes, it's not very easy, and it need more people to climb this ladder than the rogues who stays here. Or it need some communication with people, and it need to do specific builds for this situation. Because if everybody build themselves on DPS, for sure they will die very quickly.

But yeah, i don't like very much this type of gameplay, because you can't do lot of things, people on the rooftop have more advantage. And you can't use turrets or other abilities here.
    That's brilliant, Bibobabu! Glad to hear it.

Let's hope they do change that place to be more balanced and offer fun instead of needing a bunch of people and a very specific build set in order to storm it effectively.

Timer issues during manhunt. Rooftop defensible but not impenetrable.

I only had 1 issue with the rogue timer. When we had a team member that wasn't at rank 5 enter rogue status or increase rogue status, our manhunt team mates would end up having their timers start over at the max time even though they may have never engaged an enemy. For example: We had a member of our group we were on a manhunt with reduce his timer to 1 . Then one of our team members engaged an enemy and he went back to 280! That seems like a bit overkill and ended up being very frustrating. Please consider making some edits to not start over the timer so drastically for those in higher ranks.

The Alley rooftop was a power position for rogues when they are on a manhunt. Many times we were able to hold positions but at times we could get taken out with an equally well geared team that utilized emp and flash grenades. Again we won a majority of the time because we were better geared, game plan strategy, and environmental advantage.

At the same time when my team saw a team of rogues in the rooftop we usually could take them out because a well planned strategy does have the ability to take over the position. Considering there were only a handful of positions where rogues could possibly hold out during a manhunt I didn't see this as too big of an issue.

The system in place is well thought out. With the current system in place rogue status is essentially discouraged upon unless a. You have a team set up with plans to specifically go rogue, b. Their is a situation where the risk vs reward makes sense or c. Did that dude just golf clap at me!? . This has created a PvP environment where players have to be conscious in engaging other players. I have never had to be so mentally engaged in deciding to combat a fellow player and I thoroughly enjoy this mechanic. My decision in entering combat may end in excitement at completing a manhunt or dissapointment for not letting the guy who gave me the snarky golf clap go.

Rogue 5

Going Rogue level 5 you just camp in a corner not much to do other than stay there and kill people that come for you, not really any point to going rogue.

mezzatron's Avatar Senior Member
    Suggestion: Proximity voice coms should be disabled when a group is Rogue;
    a) The Rogue team will not be able to hear the other players;
    b) The other players will not be able to hear the Rogue team.

Basically the proximity will work with non-rogues only. And the rogue team will have their own voice-com which can not be heard by the others.

1. This will allow players to communicate their strategies for tactical execution so the opponents can not hear their plans;
    2. This will also stop both sides from taunting each other over voicecoms -eg; "noob you are hiding on the roof", "noob you can't kill me".

Originally Posted by mezzatron Go to original post
    Suggestion: Proximity voice coms should be disabled when a group is Rogue;
    a) The Rogue team will not be able to hear the other players;
    b) The other players will not be able to hear the Rogue team.

Basically the proximity will work with non-rogues only. And the rogue team will have their own voice-com which can not be heard by the others.

1. This will allow players to communicate their strategies for tactical execution so the opponents can not hear their plans;
    2. This will also stop both sides from taunting each other over voicecoms -eg; "noob you are hiding on the roof", "noob you can't kill me".
    But that removes one of the coolest aspects of the proximity chat, which is the fact that *anyone* can listen. I love how people often forget that, so you can hear people you're hunting talking about who they will attack or where they will try to escape and intercept them. I never go Rogue myself, but I hunt Rogues a lot -- every time my squad successfully ambushed a group with help of the proximity chat, I would tell the dying guys to be careful of what they say, because they never know who's listening.

If you really prize tactical superiority by not letting the enemy hear your communications, you can think of better ways to communicate and use the proximity chat's back and forth to your advantage.

stylez-one's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by macperricone Go to original post
    I see a lot of people mention that rooftop with a ladder in an alley, and that is one place that *needs* to go. It is literally an unassailable position to the point of stupidity, and I didn't saw one group of 3 or 4 rogues in a manhunt that got killed while in there.

And I saw a lot of people try.

1. My squad hunted Rogues every chance we could. We couldn't kill groups of 3 or 4 rogues up there, but we managed to reset their timers or force them to re-rogue once they escaped to the point that all groups we got cornered there quit the game in frustration (proximity chat is a wonderful thing). We did managed to kill groups of one and two rogues in there through sheer force of will, but anything more than that means that one usually is able to revive his buddies or kill the attackers, since only one person climbs the ladder at a time.
    2. I once saw a group of players try a Soviet-like charge, with something like 10 or 12 players climbing the ladder one after the other and trying to overrun the position -- there were so many of them that by the time the last guy got to the top, the first one to die had already respawned. They also failed to clear the group, since the players holed up in there would revive each other and could shoot one by one as they came up, even thought they were just a second apart.
    3. All tactics available in the beta, such as sticky bombs, grenades, turrets and whatever, had absolutely zero effect on people there. The rooftop's back wall was just too far and the building too damn high to allow anything to damage the players. However, the rogues could use their whole arsenal with nary an issue.

The problem with that location is that Rogues can use all skills, shoot down, and hold the back in cover. Agents can't use skills, are compeltely in the open, can't flank enemies in any way, and have zero lines of fire towards enemies up there. So that place needs to go, or some changes be made around it to add more entryways and/or more angles of fire, such as an scaffolding or rooftop nearby from where players can shoot at the Rogues and use their abilities effectively. It's supposed to be a fun and equal battle, not a duck hunt.

So, basically, that is position as it is is a position that only cowards hold, since it's a guaranteed win with zero chance of fighting back. But, alas, rogues are all cowards.
    it's all about timing..you and the other dudes/or teammates have to get up there (set foot on top n split up) all at the same time. it's pretty much impossible, if you go one by one.

but anyway.. to answer poll question.. went lvl 5 rogue like 6 times or so (solo and in a team of 3)..survived all manhunts..but one - lost a looooooooooot of dz cash n xp there, lol.

mezzatron's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by macperricone Go to original post
    But that removes one of the coolest aspects of the proximity chat, which is the fact that *anyone* can listen. I love how people often forget that, so you can hear people you're hunting talking about who they will attack or where they will try to escape and intercept them. I never go Rogue myself, but I hunt Rogues a lot -- every time my squad successfully ambushed a group with help of the proximity chat, I would tell the dying guys to be careful of what they say, because they never know who's listening.

If you really prize tactical superiority by not letting the enemy hear your communications, you can think of better ways to communicate and use the proximity chat's back and forth to your advantage.
    I mean once you go rogue...
    Because when you go rogue, there are 2 opposite teams. And it's not fair for either side for being heard when you want to set up an attack, trap or defensive move.

But when you are not rogue, you are all part of one big family, so it's fine for proximity chat and you can hear them. -I also found it pretty cool.

But anyways I figured another way of having private voice-coms, so it's ok.
    Basically I would prefer it if the other team couldn't hear me when I tell my friend to attack from the back of the building. That defeats the whole purpose of having a plan...

Anyways, can proximity chat be turned off?

Agreed, entrance to the DZ should be guarded

Originally Posted by Spank Me Panda Go to original post
    I think the rogues are a good aspect of the game except there should be boundaries that they cannot prey on others. I was in a 7-8 level environment in the DZ and as soon as anybody walked out of the safe room we got gunned down by 8 Rogues with no chance to kill them by the time we had our screen fully ready to go we were already bleeding out. I went from DZ rank 10 to DZ rank 1 before I could get out of there. No way to go backwards because I was on the east side of the DZ (currently unavailable in beta). Like I said, Rogues should be in the game but there needs to be some control of their ability to do this kind of crap to players. I enjoy the rogue fights but only when it is fair.
    Absolutely agreed! Myself and others all had the same experience, many cancelled their PreOrder because they felt it entirely unfair that it is sometimes impossible to enter the Dz without being gunned down the second you open the gate.
    If a player cannot enter the DZ, they wont play the DZ. If a Player cant Play the DarkZone, then they ate only getting half the game. (And not the best half from what I gather through my trial, I put about 20 hours into the beta).
    Its an EASY fix, if the development team put up one or two High Powered Turret guns, that targeted Rogue agents or hostiles within a certain range (farther than snipers to prevent rogue campers) from the DZ entrance, it would prevent the all to easy SpawnCamping and allow alot more people into the DZ, and thereby increasing the use of the system, as well as overall playability.
    I know this simple fix alone would recapture a large percentage of the preorder cancellations.