🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

View Poll Results: If you reached Rogue Level 5, what was the outcome?

Voters
664. You may not vote on this poll
  • I died every time

258 38.86%
  • I died most of the time but survived a few

218 32.83%
  • I survived most of the time

142 21.39%
  • I survived every time

46 6.93%

don't dare nerf the game

players generally suck anyway, need training and experience the whole game.

DZ System

I am a big fan of the idea of the Dark Zone in The Division. After experiencing it for myself I do feel like it needs some work to be fun.
    I think DZ loot was too easy to find without killing other players. This gave little incentive to kill other players.
    I think the penitently for dying as a rouge player greatly outweighed any benefit to going rouge.
    I think these things can be fixed rather simply because the system is so close to being right.
    First, make DZ loot even more valuable and harder to find. Reduce the frequency at witch players can obtain DZ loot without killing other players for it. This will greatly incentivize players to go rouge to get this loot.
    Second, after a rouge player reaches rouge level 3 A long timer should be placed on their rouge status but it should not pause as a result of engaging in combat or taking/dealing damage.
    This will give players who want to “fight it out” in rouge status instead of running or hiding a way to do that. Personally (and for other players), I feel it is not fun for me to kill some unsuspecting players and run/hide until a timer runs out. I do feel like that should be an available play style but it should not be the only one.
    I would prefer to engage in combat, to have the option to hold my ground and “out play” opposing players in fair combat.
    After fighting off opposing players for a given amount of time rouge status should be lifted and I should be given a reward that is proportionate to my performance in combat.
    It would be a risk reward system.
    You might die and lose some rank or you can win and gain rank that is propionate to your performance in battle. Rewarding players for playing well and creating an engaging experience for all players on the server.
    This is how you can make the Dark Zone fun.
    I hope this reaches you.

Hello,

Sorry for my english, it's not my native language,

No rogues = no hunters = no PvP = no stress for neutral agents = no fun = boring

And actually, at the open beta, i seen any rogues (or very rarely, and i don't talk about that camping teams on specific DZ zones).

I was feeling ridiculously safe on Dark Zone, and it was very easy to extract PvE items on extraction points because nobody want to be a rogue actually, because the rogue system is ridiculously punitive. So i was feeling like the Dark Zone is actually a safe PvE zone. And i was playing solo ...

So for me it's simple, if in the final version of the game, there is no rogues in Dark Zone, the game will be boring.

I think the "rogue status" must be more attractive. Because actually in open beta, there was any real reasons to become a rogue. When you are rogue:

- you risk to loose a percent of your total money.

- loose your items.

- loose xp

- and spend a very long time runing all around the map and being seen by everybody.

The xp loss is not a problem for me, i think it's good like it is. The items loss is not a problem, i think its normal. But the items are not a good motivation for a rogue, because it's just "blue" items, and you can farm this items in PvE on Dark Zone, and it's much more interesting to farm items in PvE in DZ, than being a rogue. The biggest problem is money, you get the best weapons in shops, so you don't want to loose all your money. So, playing rogue is actually pointless.

And if nobody want to play rogue (or only trolling camping teams), there will be no hunters and no real PvP. And neutral agents will feel very safe for to extract their items, just like at the open beta.

To play hunter is much more attractive. I got the Pakhan and the Liberator very quickly by killing some rogues (2000 + DZ money for each group of rogues). So actually, everybody want to be hunter, but nobody want to be rogue. But one thing people maybe don't understand is: no rogues = no hunters = less fun in the game.

I think the "hunter status" must be still more attractive than "rogue status", but "rogue status" must be much more attractive than now. I think a rogue must be able to "evolve" in game just like a neutral agent or a hunter. And gain some money for to have the possibility to buy some items. Because actually the people who are playing rogue, just do it for fun when they have only good items, without any over interest.

More rogues = more hunters. And i think people will still prefer to be a hunter than a rogue, because to be a hunter is much more easy. So i think it can be like a natural balance in the game. If there are lot of rogues, lot of people will want to chase them. And if there are no rogues, some people can decide to become rogues for to create some action in DZ, and try to gain something (money, items etc...).

I explained this idea in another post on the forum, here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...1#post11405083

If you want to see a different way of my idea, but it's globaly the same thing.

Sorry for "re-posting" this here, i only do this because i think here can be a better place for to post my idea. But in the future, for sure, i will not post this idea because now i did it, so it's enough.

It's just my little opinion.

To be very clear, i don't prefer rogues than other "playstyles". I think it's just a good thing for the game to have the possibility to play neutral agent, hunter or rogue. So i just like diversity. I just think it's a good thing for a game to have more possibilities of "playstyles". I have no preferences, and i am agree that things must be balanced.

But it was just an open beta, with a little part of the full game. So wait and see!

And thanks for the developpers for this great game, i really liked the open beta, the game is great for me. I just say my opinion on some little parts of the gameplay. But globaly, the game is just awesome.

I assume most rank 5 rogues sat on top of the kill ladder.

Major fire fights but with an eventual death

Had this happen a few times not me but people we were playing against.

A group of 4 was able to hold the rooftop extraction point for a while. Ultimately they were ganged up and killed. The problem was probably they just couldn't get any more health packs, ran out of ammo, etc. I think there should be a way for them to resupply. They probably wouldn't have been able to enter a safe house so it would be good if a supply point was created for these rogue killers. Ultimately they will die, unless when all areas are available and they just kept running til it wore off but even then I think they would die without being able to restock.

My IDEA seems legitimately sound DON'T GLOSS OVER!

Take Rank 1 away, and Only initiate rogue status from killing downed players. In special circumstances rank one should be applied(downing a player, and shooting another with (!) status)

Take away Down timer, and add a cooldown to reviving for multiple downs within a set time.

Eliminate time stacking to rogues for killing players after reaching maximum rank, but Increase time per rank after rank 3.

Add a low respawn cooldown to ALL players in DZ who die w/o Rogue Status from Rogue players(from NPC too? 10 seconds?).

Why?

1. You are downing players as a rogue, but not killing them in this method then ranks shouldn't increase via rank unless you eliminate them in their down state.

2. Players who are trying for kills Rogue vs. Not shouldn't have trouble killing each other if necessary because downed state will have a cooldown timer after dropping the 2nd time.(5, 8, 12, etc.) per fall after leaving checkpoint(safe zone)

3. Adding a cooldown to respawns is a method used in all Moba style gameplay which the darkzone is effectively.

4. It would mean more confident rogue players who a.)get rekt or b.)not rekt

Originally Posted by dustinmajitsu Go to original post
    Had this happen a few times not me but people we were playing against.

A group of 4 was able to hold the rooftop extraction point for a while. Ultimately they were ganged up and killed. The problem was probably they just couldn't get any more health packs, ran out of ammo, etc. I think there should be a way for them to resupply. They probably wouldn't have been able to enter a safe house so it would be good if a supply point was created for these rogue killers. Ultimately they will die, unless when all areas are available and they just kept running til it wore off but even then I think they would die without being able to restock.
    I agree with this!

Maybe a blackmarket flare??

So, I went Manhunt status so many times. I had a blast. We basically found a spot where you could sit and defend yourselves almost every time. There's a checkpoint with a ladder and contaminated zone right next to it that leads to a dead-end. We just sat there and killed anyone who came up the ladder. My only real problem with Manhunt is that the rewards for surviving aren't really worth it. You can make more DZ Money by killing 2 people, waiting the 2 minutes and doing it all over again, in the same amount of time as if you went Manhunt status. The penalties for being killed while Rogue also seemed pretty steep. There was a point where I lost nearly 2,000 DZ bucks because someone intentionally jumped into my grenade on a group of NPCs.

I also survived the Manhunt all but 2 times, I think.

Amazing experience

Me and three of my friends were walking around then one of us mentioned we should go rogue. One of us went to the top of the car park to shoot at the people who were extracting. He got there attention and we planned a place to hold out, we had to continuasly shoot them so we would not lose our rogue timer.

By the time we got to our spot, which was up the ladder right outside of the entry way to the dark zone, we held out against two at first than got up to six. After we exchanged gunfire we got up to rogue level 5. We were talking back and forth to one of the guys hunting us and we were trying to make a deal.

My friends were negotiating to let us live. Since I was the only one rogue 5 they wanted me and would discuss about my friends safe exit. The man who was discussing it came up the ladder and used the surrender emote while we had our guns aiming at him

The others tried coming up to kill us and we killed them but we didn't kill the negotiator. After my timer was up and I survived the bounty, I stayed up with my friends and made sure they would survive their level 4.

When it was all over we climbed down the ladder and had a friendly chat with everyone. We went to resupply and came back out they were still there. We made an alliance all 8 of us and we were to hunt down any rogues from then on. That is 20 minutes I will never forget. I had the most fun in a long time.

Rogue area

it good that when you become rogue you show up in the map but I believe that when you become lvl 1 you should only show up in everyone's map that is close to you for example lvl 1 you only show up in people that are one block away from you. Lvl 2 your area spreads to 2 blocks and so on and so on.