kostek's Avatar Junior Member
    could we have it in BoB?
    (to those that don't know what's about here: i mean autocoordination of rudder and airlons)

kostek's Avatar Junior Member
    could we have it in BoB?
    (to those that don't know what's about here: i mean autocoordination of rudder and airlons)

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    What exactly are you talking about?

RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

I think that realism is the key to these sims and auto cooridination is nice for the beginner but this sim has hepled a lot of virtual pilots get their wings not by making it easier but by teaching a person how to really fly. I remember when I first got Il2 when it came out in I guess it was 2001, and I remember how frustrated I was because I could not hit a dam thing. I was so good at all of the other combat flight sims before howcome not now? Well the answer is REALISM. Just like you and your auto coordination I hated the gunnery at first in Il2 but I kept practicing over and over and over until I finally started to get good enough to call myself an Il2 combat pilot. All I am saying is that you should really try and learn to fly as close to the real thing and the real way as possible just so you get a little taste for what it must have been like for those pilots back then. That is a reason why I fly with full realism turn on. I do not fly with cockpits off or unlimited ammo, I fly the way those who fought in WW2 flew and we dont or could never feel what it was really like. We dont have to deal with the cold weather where we can hardly feel our fingers, or deal with seemigly endless missions inside of a cramped cockpit, we just sit in our comfy house and play war. I am a combat veteran myself and if I would ever see someone playing a computer game/simulation of the "situations" I was in and watched them do it even on full real do you think that they would still know what it was really like? All they can do is get to as close to real as possible. They will never hear the real sounds, or taste or smell or feel what it was like on the battlefield (at least not until the ultimate VR machine comes out. I hope that I am still alive by then)and certainly will never have the nightmares that I endure to this day because of battle. To make a really long story short just please try to learn to fly as real as possible and you will become an excellent pilot with much practice...

[This message was edited by Choctaw111 on Sat July 17 2004 at 10:03 AM.]

is that the thing they had in CFS3? auto rudder or something? omg that was terrible! :P

This guy is confused with CFS3.

There is no auto correction for rudder and airlons in IL2 FB.
    This option is available in CFS3 but you can turn if off if you want.

WWMaxGunz's Avatar Senior Member
    When I look at the dash ball guage while flying at least one P-51, the ball
    seems to center automatic without rudder input and deviates with any but the
    smallest amount. Yet... the ball under the gunsight works and I do need to
    use the rudder to get it centered on turns.

So is it the sim or the sim guage?

Edit-Add: At the right speed, every plane should run true straight and level.
    So if you go faster, it should be coordinated for one direction and turn and
    if you go slower then the other direction and speed-matched turn.

Neal

Liosha's Avatar Junior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WWMaxGunz:

So is it the sim or the sim guage?

.Edit-Add: At the right speed, every plane should run true straight and level.
    So if you go faster, it should be coordinated for one direction and turn and
    if you go slower then the other direction and speed-matched turn

Neal<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyway, this yaw effect in turn, is way too small in FB than it should be, compared to real life.

BennyMoore's Avatar Banned
    I can tell you right now that the way the rudder coordination works in the game is very realistic - for a Cessna! I've flown a Cessna and it does indeed work this way. However, I tend to believe that there should be more rudder needed with bigger engines like those in warplanes. So yes, please make torque as realistic as possible in Battle of Britain.

WWMaxGunz's Avatar Senior Member
    Low wing Cessna?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►