🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

**game-breaking** INPUT LAG; devs please read

Hi people of all ages and agents of all stages,

I played the Beta on PS4 and noticed a major input-lag especially on PS4 (tried the PC version at a friend's place, it is fine).

The delay is (estimated, from what I can tell) ~200 ms (0.2 of a sec) which is TOO LONG. It really destroys the 'felling' of the game, as advanced players can't react quickly later in game and also aiming is more difficult, because of the delay with the analog sticks) when your familiar with the controls.

You can easily reproduce the issue:
    - connect a controller to PC and look around (in-game) quickly. No noticeable delay whatsoever
    - now play on PS4 and do the same thing: you will easily notice the delay when using the sticks to look around and aim at moving targets

Please, can some community manager pass this on to the responsible dev team (PS4)?
    Hope they can fix this before the final launch, that's what a beta is for , right?

Thanks for an otherwise all-around great game,

IceW4ve_FX
     1 people found this helpful

i'm glad more people are reporting on this, its truly really bad.

Second this!

For real.. every ubi game has this, please get rid of it.. if it's the case that pc doesn't have it, that's good to hear and hopefully they can replicate it on ps4

Are you using the PS4 on the same display as you were with the PC or are you using a TV? If it's a TV then its likely the TV that is causing lag, make sure you put it in game mode to turn off any processing. My plasma TV can make FPS games unplayable with image processing on, with it turned off it's just as good as on a PC with a low input lag gaming monitor. I certainly would not say the PS4 version is laggy to be honest.

Originally Posted by Andydigital1970 Go to original post
    Are you using the PS4 on the same display as you were with the PC or are you using a TV? If it's a TV then its likely the TV that is causing lag, make sure you put it in game mode to turn off any processing. My plasma TV can make FPS games unplayable with image processing on, with it turned off it's just as good as on a PC with a low input lag gaming monitor. I certainly would not say the PS4 version is laggy to be honest.
    I play on a monitor that i specially bought because it has less then 1 frame of input lag, the input delay/lag on ps4 is huge compared to other games.

I made a video showing how prevalent the input lag is in The Division compared to the ps4 home screen and Destiny. It really is not acceptable.

I really hope devs read this thread. Possible solution is to let us unlock the framerate or turn of vsync in the options.

Look at infamous for example.. game has super responsive controls even if you lock the framerate in the options

I am experiencing something similar. The controls definitely aren't as "snappy" as other games' controls.

Personally, I thought they might be going for giving the player a more "weighted" feel, reminiscent of the last-gen Killzone games, but if it is not present on other platforms, I would definitely prefer more responsible controls.

Please.

Input lag on ps4

I experienced the same. Playing the Beta on My pc and My ps4. On the Same pc Monitor (benq xl2420t very low display lag). Played on My PC with wireless xbox one Controller, there is NO Input lag. On My ps4, on the Same Monitor i have much more Input lag. Nearly cant aim in Sniper 12x scope after a Running enemy. Just Spamming LT to Auto aim enemys down. Rare headshots Guys. Pls fix this until release. I want to Play on ps4 because my community on this plattform is much bigger.

Devs pls Read this thread. This Problem is annoying.