1. #1
    JamesHabo's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    55

    A really importent question about the anti cheat.

    Hello

    So, as we all know, this game got alot of potential... Can we know what kind of anti cheat system there will be?

    Im not the guy who usually blame people for cheating.. but as far as I know, the Rainbow Six Siege, ranked servers are full of them. People are cheating and saying that they are cheating in the chat and mic.. laughing and ruining the game.

    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ng-Harassment? Heres how Ubisoft wants us to report those cheaters..

    What I want to ask is if The Division is going the same way? I don't want to play an online survival game with cheaters.. Im never mad or anything if I die.. and LOSE everything.. I dont care.. but it sure bugs the hell out of me if I die to a cheater.. Because hes killing me, not for my stuff or anything.. Cheater often kill you just to annoy you.

    So can you explain the anti cheat system.. and why its worth buy this game..

    I was about to buy it.. but I ´had second thoughts.. and this is one of them.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Do you know if there will be an in-game ability to do this, or will we be given a particular contact where the screenshots should be sent to? We'd hate to be accused of witchhunting (a la reddit) if the screens include gamertags.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    JamesHabo's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    55
    Originally Posted by Zoream Go to original post
    Write ubisoft a ticket, it's the easiest way I've found.
    Originally Posted by c-swain Go to original post
    No. Ubisoft will not be releasing any information regarding the specifics of the anti-cheat systems that they will be using.

    If you are aware of cheaters, please take a screenshot of the offence and forward it to a Ubisoft representative.
    Why arent they going to say which kind of program they're using.. Are they afraid of giving it away? People will still cheat.. it it will be found.
    You're saying.. make a ticket.. Are you freaking kiddin me.. The same story as Rainbow.. Make a ticket, and wait 2 weeks for a BOT response?

    I wanna know how SAFE it will be. I don't want to play a game.. where I loot stuff, then lose everything.. to a person, who comes over my dead body, teebags me and laughs in chat, if there is a chat.. and dosent even loot me and says.. wanna own like me, go to blablabla.com and get the skill. I cant stand that ****. I've seen it in rainbow.. and I cant take in TD..
    Share this post

  4. #4
    FR4NCO's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Game Room
    Posts
    260
    while having a $2k PC build this is part of the reason i am going to get The Division on Xbox one. cant stand hackers and cheaters witch almost always happen with pc games.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by c-swain Go to original post
    No. Ubisoft will not be releasing any information regarding the specifics of the anti-cheat systems that they will be using.

    If you are aware of cheaters, please take a screenshot of the offence and forward it to a Ubisoft representative.
    That's a problem I've always had, especially when I've been addicted to Siege in the past couple of days. Why should I go through the hassle of taking a screenshot, going on the website, open a ticket and attach the picture when a basic report system can be added to the game?

    CSGO has a very nice system where you can report a player if you think they're cheating, then experienced players through "Overwatch" along with the system will judge the case, similar to court with the judge and jury.

    EDIT: Not being rude or trolling, I just really want a good reporting and anti-cheat system, and this is my view on the subject.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    ReconPyro YP043's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Evanston, WY USA
    Posts
    209
    Originally Posted by FR4NCO Go to original post
    while having a $2k PC build this is part of the reason i am going to get The Division on Xbox one. cant stand hackers and cheaters witch almost always happen with pc games.
    Probably the same reason I haven't dumped $2k on a gaming rig, PC gaming online just isn't like it was 15-20 years ago, back when people respected the talent and skill it took to be the best. Yes, you still have hackers on consoles, but I believe it's mitigated much better on consoles.

    I'm not trying to create a debate on which is better, just sharing my opinion. I feel that the new breed of game hackers is just the spill over from the rest of the Troll collective that is online, they get off on causing other people misery.

    I blame it on the wussification of society. Had they been instilled respect via a 1 3/4" wide leather belt, this thread might not even exist (or it would, but to a lesser degree). Corporal punishment should be reinstated, allowing punks to get whuppins when they deserve it.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    FR4NCO's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Game Room
    Posts
    260
    yeah its really hard for me not to buy games for my pc but i just cant handle the hackers and cheaters anymore. star wars BF was the last straw for me.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    JamesHabo's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    55
    Originally Posted by c-swain Go to original post
    Seriously?..
    Although you're right, cheaters will always find a way to cheat, it will be much easier for them if you just hand them the anti-cheat program! Not only that, but by implementing an Anti-cheat system, Ubisoft will get the chance to ban a lot of the cheaters from their games.

    And no, you don't necessarily have to start a Support ticket - I know they've been struggling with the influx of "Help me with the Beta!" tickets! - I'm sure there will be a feedback forum where you can post it, or you can message one of the Ubisoft representatives on this Forum.
    Dude.. You will know which anti cheat system the game is using when it gets released.. if any.. It's not easier just cause they share the program or the developers behind thier Anti cheat system.. Fine dont tell me the name.. Present it.. How does it work.. not step by step.. Make a presentation.. like CSGO cause its the easiest one out there..

    You report, overwatch gives a thought and Valve steps in and banns.. whatever.. I mean, something.. ATLEAST a report function ingame.. I dont know why thats so hard..
    I dont want to play FPS games on console, cause in my opinion.. it sucks.. And thats my opinion.. I just want to know.. Do they even have a anti cheat system.. cause to be honest.. thats the only thing standing between me and the buy button.

    I know that even the best anti cheat system will have cheaters.. now and then.. but it wont be a HIVE with cheaters..

    As I was saying.. People are running around and sponsoring cheating software in Rainbow Six.. Cause.. there aint no punishment.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by JamesHabo Go to original post
    Dude.. You will know which anti cheat system the game is using when it gets released.. if any.. It's not easier just cause they share the program or the developers behind thier Anti cheat system.. Fine dont tell me the name.. Present it.. How does it work.. not step by step.. Make a presentation.. like CSGO cause its the easiest one out there..

    You report, overwatch gives a thought and Valve steps in and banns.. whatever.. I mean, something.. ATLEAST a report function ingame.. I dont know why thats so hard..
    I dont want to play FPS games on console, cause in my opinion.. it sucks.. And thats my opinion.. I just want to know.. Do they even have a anti cheat system.. cause to be honest.. thats the only thing standing between me and the buy button.

    I know that even the best anti cheat system will have cheaters.. now and then.. but it wont be a HIVE with cheaters..

    As I was saying.. People are running around and sponsoring cheating software in Rainbow Six.. Cause.. there aint no punishment.
    Exactly my point, I 100% agree with you, the "ticket system" is a lame excuse of not putting a simple report system in their games, and I hope Ubisoft listens.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Yeah, FPS are really bad on PC anymore. It sucks because I love FPS or TPS on PC.
    Share this post

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last ►►