Originally Posted by SquirrellyNinja Go to original post
    Dan, as he's done in the past, doesn't plan on confirming anything Monday with these note highway clues. That being said, one idea I've seen on the forums which I thought was a good one was sharing Tone Designer information to provide more fodder for thought and speculation.

So in that spirit and since you might want more info to chew on over the weekend, here are the gear and settings used during this particular clue:

What is the reason behind Dan not confirming until Monday? The other puzzles get confirmed when they are solved.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Because that's what he wants to do?

Originally Posted by SquirrellyNinja Go to original post
    Dan, as he's done in the past, doesn't plan on confirming anything Monday with these note highway clues. That being said, one idea I've seen on the forums which I thought was a good one was sharing Tone Designer information to provide more fodder for thought and speculation.

So in that spirit and since you might want more info to chew on over the weekend, here are the gear and settings used during this particular clue:

Huge amount of midrange there and no other effects. JTM45 at 80% volume will have plenty of breakup. I'm guessing it's straight-forward classic rock played on something like a Les Paul or ES 335.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by Gerkeey Go to original post
    What is the reason behind Dan not confirming until Monday? The other puzzles get confirmed when they are solved.
    Because the other puzzles are not based on screenshots of gameplay. To me there's a difference between something abstract that I am asking you to interpret, which can be very frustrating and deserves closure, and you picking up a guitar to play some notes, which is kind of its own reward.

And also, like toymachine said.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by Gerkeey Go to original post
    Because the other puzzles are not based on screenshots of gameplay. To me there's a difference between something abstract that I am asking you to interpret, which can be very frustrating and deserves closure, and you picking up a guitar to play some notes, which is kind of its own reward.

Stang616's Avatar Member
    I really hope this is 38 Special. I've been waiting for them for a while, I saw them in concert with Boston 2 years ago. Great show.

Doesn't Eric Johnson use a JTM 45?

EDIT: Wikipedia lists Angus Young and Gary Moore as notable JTM 45 users.

Uromastyx63's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Question not the motives of the Dan. The Dan Abides...

That said, can someone record the phrase w/ SquirrellyNinjas' tone settings?

may not be the biggest help, but I fired up Hold On Loosely and lined up my media player's bar with the original picture and based on the blocks for the repetitive chorus and verse parts and the solo to the end it was almost like the stars.....or at least in this case the media player timeline and song blocks alligned.......not gonna lie I'm gonna be crushed if it turns out to be something else!

Dizzyg12's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by mikeyd73 Go to original post
    may not be the biggest help, but I fired up Hold On Loosely and lined up my media player's bar with the original picture and based on the blocks for the repetitive chorus and verse parts and the solo to the end it was almost like the stars.....or at least in this case the media player timeline and song blocks alligned.......not gonna lie I'm gonna be crushed if it turns out to be something else!
    Did you fire up your guitar and play it though? That's the point. I haven't yet - maybe tomorrow.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post

Fare enough I was just curious.